What was the last movie you watched?

That's the pinnacle of the zombie horror, everything made before and after is pure and simple poop.

ppe3yapb.png

5/5

House of Usher: from Edgar Allan Poe by Roger Corman, starring Vincent Price and with a screenplay by Richard Matheson (I Am Legend). Yes: more Corman's films and zero "turbo-zombie" crap for me, thanks....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CortcnejAg

Brave - 9/10 Loved it. Was cute, funny, and tense. Good story and mythology.

That's My Boy - 7/10 Was funny and good for a watch. A lot better than I expected. I tend to think most of Adam's movies will be horrible, but he always seems to do a good job at the end of it all. Enjoyable and good comedy movie. Watch Unrated version though.

Skyfall - 8.5/10 - Seemed to flow good, but the villain was underwhelming for a Bond villain I thought, and Bond movies are usually famous for them. Original, non-fluff action scenes, which is another plus. Seemed a little small scale for what you would expect, but overall entertaining.

Avatar, ie Dances with Wolves meets a Greenpeace ad meets Pixar 3D stuff. In the future. The story is mean (at best) and already recycled for countless times, the effects are superb, the tech is good and the subtext is engaging in this time and age of social networks and Internet addictions (what's more real, your connected Avatar or your "real" self?). Still a 4/5 movie, anyway. Oh, and 3D sucks so bad: I've enjoyed the movie much more now watching it in Full HD on my TV-set than when I saw it in the theaters with those damn dark-inducing and annoying glasses.

Saw Wreck It Ralph finally today in the theaters.

MV5BNzMxNTExOTkyMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzEyNDc0OA@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

Enjoyed it, but I thought there was going to be even more nods to classic video games than there wound up being. Still, a very entertaining and funny move. However because I expected a bit more of the video game references, I give it a...

3.75/5

Then I watched Bones Brigade: An Autobiography

MV5BMjE4OTU4ODg1M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODY4ODEzOA@@._V1._SY317_CR12,0,214,317_.jpg

Let me begin by saying I was very, very into skateboarding at one point in my life. I did not do it casually, I did it every day for a good 7 years. It pretty much defined me as an individual.

So when I say this movie was a representation of a very, very large part of my early to late teenage years, it is not an exaggeration whatsoever. So I am definitely a little biased when it comes to the subject matter.

With that said...

100/5

It was that good. If you are even just remotely interested in skateboarding, do yourself a favor and watch this movie. If you actually did skate, it is a must watch. These guys pretty much single handedly defined the modern era of skateboarding. All of them had a hand in shaping what skateboarding is known to be today, but especially Rodney Mullen. I always had to utmost of respect for him. Now that respect is multiplied by a thousand. He alone is enough reason to watch the documentary.

Brilliant, brilliant documentary, and really does tell the story of a very, very important group of skateboarders.

Double feature of Prometheus and Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter last night at home