[Official] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

The more and more I play, Salvage is becoming one of my favorite maps. The small size is just about perfect! Started out 21 and 0 the other day on it even though I finished about 35-6 unfortunately. Can't wait to play this weekend as I have been so busy lately I've only be able to play a little bit this past week.

I finally played this game the other day after weeks/months of not playing and just did Spec-Ops with my brother, no hassle with that, had a blast! Not buying the map pack though, such a rip off!

Fix'd that for ya'

My bad laugh.gif

$15 for a map pack is terrible.

I paid $15 and found it well worth it. Ends up being $3 a map, which is pretty average. I love the maps on it.

I paid $15 and found it well worth it. Ends up being $3 a map, which is pretty average. I love the maps on it.

The maps probably are great but I'd never pay $15 for a map pack, far too used to my PC roots of being given maps out of loyalty, or at least having custom maps by the users. When you can buy TF2 for like $5 through Steam, $15 for a map pack looks like a **** take :laugh:

Aren't 2 of them just ported from COD4 as well or something?

The maps probably are great but I'd never pay $15 for a map pack, far too used to my PC roots of being given maps out of loyalty, or at least having custom maps by the users. When you can buy TF2 for like $5 through Steam, $15 for a map pack looks like a **** take :laugh:

Aren't 2 of them just ported from COD4 as well or something?

Yup, they touched up Overgrown and Crash maps from COD4. I am totally fine paying $3 for each one, as I get endless hours of play on them. Not everyone has played COD4, so those will be new to many others as well.

I would much prefer a la carte. I could pick and choose which map I want and pay $3. That might be a matchmaking nightmare though.

Yup, they touched up Overgrown and Crash maps from COD4. I am totally fine paying $3 for each one, as I get endless hours of play on them. Not everyone has played COD4, so those will be new to many others as well.

I would much prefer a la carte. I could pick and choose which map I want and pay $3. That might be a matchmaking nightmare though.

Those should definitely of been for free.

The Uncharted devs gave out a free map of an area ported and updated from Uncharted 1 for the Uncharted 2 MP.

Makes the pack even more hilarious at $15.

Just my opinion of course, glad you're enjoying them.

The only maps worthwhile in the pack are the Overgrown and Crash, they new maps are terrible - I once said, the MW2 maps has some of the worst layouts I've seen in a long time but these new maps

actually take the cake; not to mention they are awfully boring. But again, Overgrown and Crash more than makes up for it. They should have been free but at least MW2 now has ... two good maps.

I truly hope they port every single map from CoD 4 - I'd pay.

So... My first impressions of the game after two hours of play in the free weekend is... It's ok, but i'm also not very impressed. First and most noticeably would be the graphics. They're kinda bad. Well, maybe bad would be too harsh and i should say it's very dated instead. For a game released in 2009, it looks no better than something released 3 years before it. The [modified] quake engine they use, and have used pretty much forever in cod, is really showing its age. Oh, and that blood effect on your screen when you get shot(if it doesn't 1 shot you of course) telling you you're hurt... Has to be the worst of its kinda i've ever seen. Just give me a red border that darkens in shade as i get hurt more please. Then comes the gameplay, It's entertaining, yet annoying at the same time. The main annoyance i see is how everything, and i mean everything, is almost guaranteed to one hit kill, likely partly due to how easy a headshot is. I know this is a console game but please at least make it a little more challenging to kill someone. It also feels like there's extremely little deviation in your shots form moving. On the plus side though, It runs well due to being less than pretty, and actually played surprisingly smooth online despite lacking real servers.

anyway, that's my initial critique.

Does anyone know how to fix this error with COD MW2 free weekend online play ?

I had the same error. It comes from steam messing up the preload and not downloading the whole game. Restart steam and it should start 'updating'(that's how it did for me). Then go take a nap, go out to lunch, go for a jog around the city, and whatever else you can think of while you wait for 10-12GB to download and you'll be able to play.

Those should definitely of been for free.

The Uncharted devs gave out a free map of an area ported and updated from Uncharted 1 for the Uncharted 2 MP.

Makes the pack even more hilarious at $15.

Just my opinion of course, glad you're enjoying them.

Not to mention, EPIC gave us some maps from GOW for GOW2 for free! (I think)

Epic gave UT3 16 new maps on the PC/PS3 for free :rofl:

But the game was kind of dead by then.

Still it's console fuelled behaviour nowadays to ring people out for maps, this is just the next level and you can expect every Activision map pack to be $15 from now on with those sales.

I'm honestly going to laugh my ribs to near breaking if PC owners get hit with the $15 price tag.

Epic gave UT3 16 new maps on the PC/PS3 for free :rofl:

But the game was kind of dead by then.

The game was released dead :)

Still it's console fuelled behaviour nowadays to ring people out for maps, this is just the next level and you can expect every Activision map pack to be $15 from now on with those sales.

I'm honestly going to laugh my ribs to near breaking if PC owners get hit with the $15 price tag.

I don't like PC gaming, so I am fine with paying the console premium. Everything has always cost more on the console (games, DLC, accessories), and always will. I am cool with that.

Yeah pretty certain it was one of those "first owner" deals. Like BFBC2 and the maps released last week.

Yeah pretty certain it was one of those "first owner" deals. Like BFBC2 and the maps released last week.

Yup. They did he same with Forza 3 as well. They are trying to weed out used game sales. BFBC2 only gave the stuff free to new owners. People who bought the game used got ripped off with the DLC in BFBC2.

Ripped off is pretty harsh. Buyer beware imo.

I've not bought any games second hand for a while, but when I do I make sure I ask at the desk if it comes with everything it should. If it doesn't then I don't buy it.

The only maps worthwhile in the pack are the Overgrown and Crash, they new maps are terrible - I once said, the MW2 maps has some of the worst layouts I've seen in a long time but these new maps

actually take the cake; not to mention they are awfully boring. But again, Overgrown and Crash more than makes up for it. They should have been free but at least MW2 now has ... two good maps.

I truly hope they port every single map from CoD 4 - I'd pay.

Care to explain your opinion other than "they are awfully boring"? I find that Salvage reminds me quite a bit of COD4 maps.

Care to explain your opinion other than "they are awfully boring"?

Their layout suck, the atmosphere isn't on par with the maps of old and the pace of them doesn't make for an enjoyable experience - Is that good enough for you?

The new maps seem like they were pieced together quickly without much thought behind them and I tend to leave any games playing 'em.

Their layout suck, the atmosphere isn't on par with the maps of old and the pace of them doesn't make for an enjoyable experience - Is that good enough for you?

The new maps seem like they were pieced together quickly without much thought behind them and I tend to leave any games playing 'em.

I find Bailout is similar to Overgrown (both of which are average in my mind) but I find that Salvage reminds me quite a bit of COD4 maps. The pacing of Salvage is very comparable to Vacant. Close quartered in most areas with the long hallway of Vacant being replaced by the open corridor near B of Salvage.

Overgrown is beautifully split up in sections and it's a tactically great map to play, Bailout is just effin' weird - A lot of open buildings in each teams spawn and the middle is a big ass bottleneck - Terrible map.

And salvage is nowhere near the quality of Vacant, because Vacant was very straight forward and was all happening on 'ground level' - Salvage is just a frustrating, random experience where you can hide high and low,

and you always have to turn around because then there's a lame pipe, a ladder, a house with 15 windows and it's too busy and cluttered. Just Won the price for "Worst map in MW2" in my book.

The last map, can't remember the name, is the only halfway decent of the bunch but I played it twice as it's always being skipped.

Call of Duty 2 on the Xbox 360 seems to have my all time favorite maps to be honest.

Storm is really good IMO in MW2.

Call of Duty 2 on the Xbox 360 seems to have my all time favorite maps to be honest.

Storm is really good IMO in MW2.

Really wish I was playing CoD 2 MP - Seems like I've been missing out on a lot of fun. I got the game very late on the 360 and completed it on Veteran, fantastic Single-player game (Y)

Really wish I was playing CoD 2 MP - Seems like I've been missing out on a lot of fun. I got the game very late on the 360 and completed it on Veteran, fantastic Single-player game (Y)

I would say that I rip my hair out trying to complete games on veteran, but I don't have any hair. cry.gif

CoD1 MP is still my favourite. Definitely between 1 & 2 is the type of MP you are looking for Michael :p

No cheap thrills, just hardcore FPS.

I would say that I rip my hair out trying to complete games on veteran, but I don't have any hair. cry.gif

Yeah I know what you mean, I don't have any pubic hairs after I'm done completing Call of Duty games on veteran ... Get it, hair, pubic hair, elolololo!1 300px-718smiley.svg.png

CoD1 MP is still my favourite. Definitely between 1 & 2 is the type of MP you are looking for Michael :p

No cheap thrills, just hardcore FPS.

Nothing in between actually, just have them port over maps and weapons to MW2, to keep things fresh. I mean, MW1 is the better game by miles but I've played the game way too much, I want more Call of Duty

but it has to be 'fresh' and MW2 is the cesspool I have to turn to. I really wish they would create a new game-mode / playlist, "Vanilla" or "Extra Crispy Hardcore" where they just remove Killstreaks and most of the perks ( Few of them are fine )

then I'll be a happy camper.