[Official] Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

I can't believe people are buying this DLC. Especially PC gamers. :/

I bought it because I had spare money lying around and I enjoy the game. I doubt I'll buy another CoD game though but I'm really enjoying MW2 so I thought why not.

And this will tide me over until the Engineer update for TF2. ;)

? Why, because we like the maps and the game?

Because it's essentially 3 new maps for 1/4 of the whole game's price (going on $15/$60, worse for UK gamers at ?11/?35).

It's clearly priced to see what they can get away with, and it seems to have worked out well for them.

why are there so many people hating this game? I Bought BC2 for the PC. And bought MW2 For the ps3. altough i prefer keyboard + mouse cause i am playing FPS Games 7/8 years on my computer. but i really enjoy playing MW2 on my ps3. and the game i really like it to. never bought the game for pc cause friends told me there are a lot of cheaters on the pc. is this true? and if i could choose between MW2 or BC2, well ... i cant LOL :pinch:

Because it's essentially 3 new maps for 1/4 of the whole game's price (going on $15/$60, worse for UK gamers at ?11/?35).

It's clearly priced to see what they can get away with, and it seems to have worked out well for them.

Ok, good for you. The millions of us enjoying the maps will continue to do so.

why are there so many people hating this game? I Bought BC2 for the PC. And bought MW2 For the ps3. altough i prefer keyboard + mouse cause i am playing FPS Games 7/8 years on my computer. but i really enjoy playing MW2 on my ps3. and the game i really like it to. never bought the game for pc cause friends told me there are a lot of cheaters on the pc. is this true? and if i could choose between MW2 or BC2, well ... i cant LOL :pinch:

not sure either... ive been loving this game recently and enjoy going through the different weapon challenges..

Soo... For the 2nd time in a month, they're doing another free weekend on steam. Are they really that desperate to try to get more people to buy this overpriced and below average game?

? Why, because we like the maps and the game?

Because what is essentially a bonus pack of a merely few maps and nothing else should be free. Not stupidly priced like this.

Soo... For the 2nd time in a month, they're doing another free weekend on steam. Are they really that desperate to try to get more people to buy this overpriced and below average game?

Because what is essentially a bonus pack of a merely few maps and nothing else should be free. Not stupidly priced like this.

Not only that but MW2 itself is 15% off on Steam. I'm thinking they are desperate.

For me, I would rather get paid for my work.

Second Modern Warfare 2 Map Pack Coming This Fall

Activision has given a release window for the next map pack for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

COO Thomas Tippl confirmed on today's financial call that the pack will be released in the back half of calendar 2010. Tippl provided no additional details, only adding that the pack is currently in development by Infinity Ward.

Earlier in the call, Activision CEO Bobby Kotick stated the 'Call of Duty' series has sold 17 million map packs total on Xbox Live. He also said there has been over 1.75 billion hours worth of Call of Duty multiplayer games on Xbox Live.

The first map pack for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 saw sales reach over one million downloads on Xbox Live in the first 24 hours.

I just bought the Stimulus Package, and now there are two new 'Game Modes'. Is this the only play to play these maps? If they're not added to the playlist of the normal gametypes, I'll be very annoyed! I like to choose my gametype.

I just bought the Stimulus Package, and now there are two new 'Game Modes'. Is this the only play to play these maps? If they're not added to the playlist of the normal gametypes, I'll be very annoyed! I like to choose my gametype.

At the moment there's only the Stimulus and Stimulus Hardcore playlists, which add a mix of gametypes on just those maps. This is so that those without can play as normal, it's the same system Bungie used with Halo 3. Over time these maps will get included into more playlists, leaving the most popular ones until last (Read: Team Deathmatch).

This is so it's fair on those who haven't purchased it yet and they can still play as normal. I personally don't mind, I'll play the maps when I want to, and when I don't I go back to the regular gametypes.

FYI, the stimulus maps are in the regular playlists now, in addition to having their own playlists. Has been for awhile.

FYI, the stimulus maps are in the regular playlists now, in addition to having their own playlists. Has been for awhile.

I presume it depends on who you're matched up with. If just one player don't have the map pack, it doesn't get selected. Simple.

I love Crash, great for earning FMJ kills towards Extended Mags and Mastery :)

I presume it depends on who you're matched up with. If just one player don't have the map pack, it doesn't get selected. Simple.

I love Crash, great for earning FMJ kills towards Extended Mags and Mastery :)

I guess the system tries to match up those with map packs with others that have map packs, and also has the regular maps. I haven't used the stimulus section since they changed it. I get rotated in all the maps now in all the game types.

• 1 month later...

New Barebones Pro Playlists , removes killstreak rewards

http://fourzerotwo.com/post/723560718/barebonespro

No charge for it either :whistle: :laugh:

I'm not going to lie, I'm tempted to give it a go. The killstreak rewards are undoubtedly the worst part of the game in my humble opinion, and while their exclusion certainly doesn't fix all that ails MW2, it's a big step in the right direction. That said, I wonder how many other people are going to be interested in these playlists. And even if I do end up enjoying it, I'm sure as hell not going to drop $30 to get all of the new maps.

I'm not going to lie, I'm tempted to give it a go. The killstreak rewards are undoubtedly the worst part of the game in my humble opinion, and while their exclusion certainly doesn't fix all that ails MW2, it's a big step in the right direction. That said, I wonder how many other people are going to be interested in these playlists. And even if I do end up enjoying it, I'm sure as hell not going to drop $30 to get all of the new maps.

I have been playing that playlist more then the other ones so far today. Now about a playlist that does not have commando and shotgun/machine pistols as secondary.

I have been playing that playlist more then the other ones so far today. Now about a playlist that does not have commando and shotgun/machine pistols as secondary.

Personally, I would love a playlist that removes all killstreak rewards, heartbeat monitors, thermal scopes, dual wielding weapons, and any perks that can turn people into knife ninjas. That said, at least they're taking some baby steps :).

You can pre order the resurgence map pack on Steam now and save a whopping 10%. That's $1.51. Such a deal. But hey.. you can save money now on something you should be getting for free anyways. :wacko:

• 3 weeks later...

Wow this thread died! does anyone here even still play this? ive been pretty addicted to the pc version recently, despite the pretty bad connection issues. just did my first prestige, been using the Scar and the AUG alot more, never used them first time around.

I raved this game hard for many months, and I have 260+ hours in it, prestiged twice and have both map packs. However, I have moved on to Battlefield Bad Company 2 now, and MW2 is collecting dust. Probably won't play it again anytime soon, and will move on to Black Ops.

I raved this game hard for many months, and I have 260+ hours in it, prestiged twice and have both map packs. However, I have moved on to Battlefield Bad Company 2 now, and MW2 is collecting dust. Probably won't play it again anytime soon, and will move on to Black Ops.

Black Ops will fail, simply because Teryach is making it.

The new map pack has really gotten me into the game again. They're way better than the first map pack.

Black Ops will fail, simply because Teryach is making it.

The new map pack has really gotten me into the game again. They're way better than the first map pack.

I know Treyarch has had a bad name going back to COD3, but I enjoyed COD WaW.

I know Treyarch has had a bad name going back to COD3, but I enjoyed COD WaW.

I liked the campaign, but the online gameplay was just horrible and not enjoyable at all.