Official Zune HD thread

I think I'm going back to my iPod touch for several reasons. Don't get me wrong, I love the Zune, but way too many quirky issues and MS isn't fixing them.

1. still no hidden wireless network support

2. With the official Zune FM Transmitter, sometimes the Zune will be playing but nothing comes through the radio. You need to power down your Zune and power it back on.

3. Gets waaay too hot when charging in the car

4. Various lockups, moreso than my old Touch

5. Lack of Apps. MS should have been on top of that

For as long as I owned it, it's a great media player, but I still miss a lot of the things the touch has that the zune doesn't

Another little update, a bit old though. It looks like the ZuneHD, both 16GB and 32GB have gotten a small price drop.

Boo, my Zune software no longer shows the movie cover art I added to my MP4 movie files (had to do that in iTunes), and now my player won't either. Really hope Microsoft adds the ability to add cover art to movies.

I love the Zune pass - although I wished I would have gotten the 32gb version instead of the 16gb.

And my friends loves the screensaver both on the player itself and when connected to the TV. I only wish there's more HD radio stations, as only Clear Channel has theirs up - and if it wasn't commercial free, I wouldn't listen when I'm really bored (the music selection doesn't appeal to me - but its better than listening to silence while driving).

Does anyone else have issues with the Zune software stating the incorrect amount of space available on your HD? Everytime I remove all my video files it states I have 1.75 GB still on there when I in fact have none. This is the fourth time this has happened to me! I've had to clear all the content the previous three times. This is really starting to royally **** me off. I've tried the sync groups and everything I can think of, but it still isn't working.

I've had issues with "Unknown Artist" appearing with no songs. Deleting doesn't get rid of it. Even after a complete resync, it reappears after a while.

Been using my Zune and so far I am impressed, I just have a few questions:

1. Does anyone find that the headphone socket is too close to the USB port? I can't take the cable out if my headphones are in ...
  2. Any suggestions on a video converter that will automatically sync the files to the Zune?
  3. My laptop believs it is in the US and not the UK like before, ofcourse switching back removes marketplace, etc. Will this affect any other software by beuing the US rather than the UK?

Thanks in advance.

im in the uk, i got my first one for christmas off my parents.

its screen was faulty, so we sent it back to the seller (ebay) and he said he'd give us a replacement, but refunded and tried to make us purchase again so we'd have to pay packaging.

they got another from a different seller in america and its been perfectly fine.

the only issue ive had, is that i reinstalled windows after syncing, and the zune has 400mb or so that i cant touch, it just says "content from another computer (if there is any)" or something along those lines.

ive tried competely erasing the player through the software several times, but i cant get rid of it.

Just changed over from an iTouch to the ZuneHd so far I love it but I do have a question for the ppl here that might know. While I was first putting music on the Zune the cover art was fine as was how it listed the albums. As I put more and more albums/tracks into the Zune I noticed that on the main screen it would now show a sort of "Jump" list type thing (ie you click the "e" and it will jump to albums that start with that letter) Does anyone know if there is a way to turn this off at all? I've been trying to find it and honestly it is my only gripe that I dislike other then that I've been VERY happy with the change over from the iTouch.

Just changed over from an iTouch to the ZuneHd so far I love it but I do have a question for the ppl here that might know. While I was first putting music on the Zune the cover art was fine as was how it listed the albums. As I put more and more albums/tracks into the Zune I noticed that on the main screen it would now show a sort of "Jump" list type thing (ie you click the "e" and it will jump to albums that start with that letter) Does anyone know if there is a way to turn this off at all? I've been trying to find it and honestly it is my only gripe that I dislike other then that I've been VERY happy with the change over from the iTouch.

That only comes up if you click the letter. At least from my experience on my 32GB.

Does anybody think that the Zune HD will get a new operating system come Holiday 2010? Maybe Zune Software 5.0 will also introduce a major OS update to the Zune HD. Right now it is great and all, but Windows Phone 7 Series is so related to the Zune and it's Metro UI, it would be hard to imagine it left out like that. I wouldn't be surprised if they made the current OS very modular and flexible so they can just port the shell and drivers to Windows Phone 7 Series, so they can bring the improvements, apps, new features, etc, to the Zune HD.

Right now, the browser needs work, time is nowhere to be found except the lock-screen, no copy/paste, and a select amount of apps are available. I doubt the apps would work on the Zune HD's OS because Zune HD's OS is Windows CE and Windows Phone 7 Series isn't. I wouldn't be surprised if they updated all the apps to work on Windows Phone 7 Series and then create a stripped-down version just for the Zune HD with all the apps from the Windows Phone Marketplace. It would make sense why it is a little bit buggy. But knowing Microsoft and how they never usually allow this stuff to just happen and they have another agenda completely different, they wouldn't. Let's hope though! :D

That only comes up if you click the letter. At least from my experience on my 32GB.

Not sure how you mean that. This comes up no matter what I do going to album view shows the so called jump list this was without hitting anything the more albums I added to the zune is when it started to show up. When I only had like 5 or so on there just starting it was not.

Not sure how you mean that. This comes up no matter what I do going to album view shows the so called jump list this was without hitting anything the more albums I added to the zune is when it started to show up. When I only had like 5 or so on there just starting it was not.

I don't think you can remove these but I could be wrong ...

Facebook app is out.

Performance is horrible for me.

Same here. Only thing that seems to work is viewing my own profile, the Zune button, and updating the status. Everything is blank and takes ages to load.... nothing. Lame.

There's some problem with the Facebook API so it can't get the data well it seems. They'll fix it quick I'm sure, just have to wait.

• Like 1