Official Zune HD thread

Hi!

I just got Microsoft ZuneHD but i say outside USA. I can't seem to sign in the Zune Player as a result, i can't download any apps. When i put my existing Msn credentials, i cannot see the agreement but i click next, i get an error. Anyway to fix this ?

He probably means the 16, and it's just a typo? Anyways, I hope they can finally get this thing outta the states, seriously come on MS, work out the licensing already! And I'm not talking just Canada here. I'm in Europe!

Yea, get a move on MS. I'm close to buying another iPod.

DO NOT waste your money on the over priced $80 dollar Zune HD Car Pack. I did, and it was garbage.

Just bought the " Advanced Car Mount System" from Buy.com, for $30, and it is LEAPS AND BOUNDS above that overpriced MS device. I get little to no static at all playing my mp3s on my car stereo. You won't be disappointed!

http://www.buy.com/prod/fm-transmitter-cha.../211420384.html

So is there any news on a larger size than 32gb? I refuse to buy the current hd zune because the size would easily get used up.

Not that I've heard of, but I don't think we'll get a 64GB quick. Flash prices have to come down more. Next year for sure, but are we talking early or late 2010? No one knows outside of the Zune team at this point.

MS really needs to get out a zune 4.1 update that opens up the device to apps and especially games. The device has the ability to run pretty much all the XBLA games out now. They need to merge it even more with the 360 and let you move your arcade games over to the zuneHD so you can take them on the go. It'd be a huge bonus and a major selling point.

They need to make actual Zune games, built for Zune hardware. I don't know about you, but I would have a hard time playing Geometry Wars on my Zune.

Makes sense, what with the Xbox Live and Zune media stores merging.

I just hope my wierd video DRM issues will be solved. I don't plan to call support unless the update doesn't fix em.

If I watched em more often, I'd have called :p

I'm still waiting for this to be released in the UK :(

Everyone is. I don't think even MS knows when they'll be able to launch overseas, but I'm surprised they haven't talked about it at all.

Still, they're getting a pretty big reaming from Europe every other week, so might make em just a bit nervous.

They need to make actual Zune games, built for Zune hardware. I don't know about you, but I would have a hard time playing Geometry Wars on my Zune.

There could be some sorta wireless controller setup though? The ZuneHD does have the ability, and 360 contgrollers just use normal wifi iirc? It'd be a simple software update.

Then, you could have something like this, the XBLA games are on your zuen, connected to a HDtv and played through a wireless 360 controller. I think it'd work.

Or they can do a sorta mini-controller dock like setup to add simple d-pad and a 4 buttons to the device. I saw something similar for some old Sony-Ericsson phones 4 or so years ago.

Zune specific games are welcome ofc, but they'd be built using the same XNA tools that others have used to make XBLA and Indie community games.

I really like the ZuneHD, had a chance to see it in person (though it didn't turn on) at Best Buy. It's a little annoying though to hear that MS is getting out of the hardware and just using the Zune as a software service, however that could be a good thing too. Imagine using the Zune software with a variety of devices down the road (possibly media players and phones).

Some good news for those with a ZuneHD today.

Zune HD firmware update: Today we released the v4.3 firmware update for Zune HD players; this update adds support for upcoming 3d games and applications, as well as an auto-suggest feature for better text input, and other minor improvements. Enjoy!

4.3 is the next building block. Can't wait to see what games and apps they open up.

BRING IT TO EUROPE NOW!

There could be some sorta wireless controller setup though? The ZuneHD does have the ability, and 360 contgrollers just use normal wifi iirc? It'd be a simple software update.

Then, you could have something like this, the XBLA games are on your zuen, connected to a HDtv and played through a wireless 360 controller. I think it'd work.

Or they can do a sorta mini-controller dock like setup to add simple d-pad and a 4 buttons to the device. I saw something similar for some old Sony-Ericsson phones 4 or so years ago.

Zune specific games are welcome ofc, but they'd be built using the same XNA tools that others have used to make XBLA and Indie community games.

Actually, you do remind me of something I read about manufacturers being really excited about the zune hd having the recessed edges it has - they would make for great holders for accessories. Still, I don't think we're going to see XBLA games just thrown onto the zune. Maybe some mobile ports in the future...

I see no update. Still running 4.1

I did the region set in win 7 x64 to canada and united kingdom, still no update. WTF. Any ideas

Why would you need to do that? The device isn't even offered in canada or the UK, so that makes no sense.