Official Zune HD thread

I think 80 and 120 GB are hard drive sizes, this is a flash based device and is more likely to go to 64 GB sometime soon enough.

I just bought one two weeks ago and I'm pretty disappointed - only 8-9 apps exist - none are 3D - and the web browser is not good enough for me. As a music player its good enough... and the eye candy in the interface is great, but this thing has a tegra inside and $290 for interface eye candy does not cut it.

It does have the most contrasty screen you've ever seen, that's the OLED for you.

Apps and 3D apps are sorely needed.

Other gripes: pictures are limited to 640x480 and there is no doc/pdf support. Personally I want thing thing to have PDA features.

It has a nice SDK I think if you wanted you could give it whatever feature you need. I was thinking of porting ghostscript if no one does it by winter.

More applications is about the only downfall of ZHD at this point.

i heard some time around november 12th that there going to release a lot of new content for it, apps,games,etc

i heard some time around november 12th that there going to release a lot of new content for it, apps,games,etc

I heard Novmember 17th..

My Zune HD 32 will be here on Tuesday...after being backordered twice. Sold out in stores all around here as well. Never thought I'd be saying that about a Zune, tbh.

My Zune HD 32 will be here on Tuesday...after being backordered twice. Sold out in stores all around here as well. Never thought I'd be saying that about a Zune, tbh.

Hopefully you enjoy your order after being backordered.

If anyone cares, on Zune Originals, Pink and Purple are now labeled as "coming soon".

i live in Australia and i was thinking about buying a zune HD off ebay, i was wondering if anyone knows what restriction if any there will be.. im guessing i wont be able to download music from the market place but do i need to log into the zune software to be able to sync up music?

i live in Australia and i was thinking about buying a zune HD off ebay, i was wondering if anyone knows what restriction if any there will be.. im guessing i wont be able to download music from the market place but do i need to log into the zune software to be able to sync up music?

no you do not

It looks like I've finally got a Zune HD arriving :woot: I forgot to ask what restrictions I will have? Obviously the HD radio won't work, which I'm absolutely fine with and I assume I won't be able to purchase from the Marketplace? Does anybody else know what might not work? As long as I can sync music from my Zune library and play it on the Zune, I'm happy :happy: I'm living in the UK by the way.

He probably means the 16, and it's just a typo? Anyways, I hope they can finally get this thing outta the states, seriously come on MS, work out the licensing already! And I'm not talking just Canada here. I'm in Europe!

or he couldve meant the regular zune 120(no HD)

I have a question;

Pros and Cons of getting a Zune HD 32GB vs a Zune HD 160GB?

there the same exact thing except one of them has more memory

Yeah I meant between the Zune HD 32GB and the Zune 120GB... Whats the difference between them besides capacity?

i have the zune 120, it's not touchscreen, it use an HDD instead of an flash memory, it can not output to 720p, it doesn't have HD radio it does have radio though, both have marketplace, only the HD has an internet browser, the HD has an AMOLED(or just OLED i think) screen, the Zune HD is alot sexier, they both play the same files(except the Zune 120 cannot have HD content on it), the HD has an preset equalizer, and the Zune HD has an better interface, both have the same sound chip thing so they sound the same

and most important the 120 is about 4 times larger than the biggest HD size, which is why i don't have one yet

zune-hd-size-comparison-002_medium.jpg

HD is on the left

MS really needs to get out a zune 4.1 update that opens up the device to apps and especially games. The device has the ability to run pretty much all the XBLA games out now. They need to merge it even more with the 360 and let you move your arcade games over to the zuneHD so you can take them on the go. It'd be a huge bonus and a major selling point.

Thanks a lot then. Any accessories that I should get with it?

unless you have an hdtv, i would suggest new headphones to go with it, but i don't know what kind you have