[GC09] PlayStation 3 Firmware (v3.00) Update

Hi everyone, PlayStation 3 (PS3) firmware update (v3.00) adds a number of great new features that we?re excited to share with you. The latest update incorporates changes that improve navigation on your PS3. First, you?ll notice some cosmetic changes to the design of the XMB (Xross Media Bar). We?ve enhanced the look and feel of the XMB so that it?s easier and even more intuitive to use. We?ve also added network improvements and personalization options to help enhance your PS3 experience.

Additional highlights from update 3.00 ?What?s New?t?s New? ? The ?Information Board? will be replaced with a ?What?s New? section, which allows you to enjoy interactive PlayStation news every time you start the PS3 system. Located under the PlayStation Network icon, ?What?s New? displays the latest and greatest game, video, PlayStation Network and PlayStation news and releases, as well as your recently played gamStatus Indicatormated format.

Status Indicator ? In the top right corner we?ve added an indicator bar, which displays your user icon, friend icon, the number of friends you have online and a small message icon to let you know if you have any new messages. The indicator also includes a scrolling ticker that features the latest news from PlayStation Network. In addition, when you press the PS button, the battery life indiFriends Listr cover up the clock.

Friends List ? Now your PlayStation Network friends will appear in a slightly redesigned format on your Friends List. Also, messages will now be viewable from PlayStation Store Shortcuts profiles.

PlayStation Store Shortcuts ? We?ve added a handy shortcut icon to the PlayStation Store under both the Game and Video categories so you canPersonalizationtent quickly and easily.

Personalization ? Personalize your PS3 with new dynamic custom themes and avatars. Dynamic themes as well as free and premium avatars will be available through PlayStation Store. A dynamic theme takes your screen to a whole new level as it inTrophiesated objects into the background.

Trophies ? Showcasing your hard earned trophies just got better. Update 3.00 gives game developers the ability to modify how they display trophies for add-on content. Base and add-on game trophies will continue to be combined into a single list so you can see where you stand in a game as a whole. Within that list, trophies will be broken out into subcategories?base trophies and add-on trophies?that way, you can easily view the percentage of your base game trophy collection, and separately track your trophy progress in add-on packs. Look for this enhancement to be included in upcoming games.

To get a preview of what?s coming in update 3.00, check out the video below:

Video walkthrough - http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009/08/18/...e-v3-00-update/

f9a70e57-28ba-4de6-a1e9-29798e5c5849_400.jpg

Great additions, the battery fix its quite pleasant, and the "premium avatars" and "dynamic themes" i hope theyre not only for the PSN Store, and you can make and download them without paying for that "premium" in the ps store

What's new/Playstation store updates :rofl:....I wonder where they got that idea.

Glad they implemented it, but I think graphically it looks like ****.

The new animation for XMB/Themes are pimp though.

Hehe I knew (well heard about that a while ago) about the animated themes but couldn't say anything :p They looks pretty cool.

Nothing really impressive for an x.00 update, but it's still good to see that they're still kicking new features out.

That Little Big Planet theme is simply gorgeous by the way. I hate themes, but this one, I'll get it, hoping it's free...

So when is this coming out? Don't they have a release date?

Hehe I knew (well heard about that a while ago) about the animated themes but couldn't say anything :p They looks pretty cool.

You should be leaking info! Grrr :p

The animated themes look gorgeous, I just want the default one in the video, I love the waves just now. Now waves with sparkly bits! :woot: :p

Still Sony said they were working on party voice chat for this year, it better still come.

I don't think that 3.0 will be shipping with the Slim. 3.0 will be released in October or November, in my opinion, because at TGS they will announce BC with the 3.0. I don't think that they had it ready for show and tell today.

I don't think that 3.0 will be shipping with the Slim. 3.0 will be released in October or November, in my opinion, because at TGS they will announce BC with the 3.0. I don't think that they had it ready for show and tell today.

Since when did you become the wise one? lol

3.0 is scheduled for sept. And it doesn't have BC. Get over it people!

They wouldn't announce it this early for a Oct release anyway...they would have delayed its announcement till TGS if that was going to happen!

September 1st.

From the PR:

Other features of the new PS3 include:

? PS3 system software update version 3.00

Concurrently with the release of new PS3, system software will be upgraded to version 3.00 on September 1. >The update adds various user-friendly features such as the ?What?s New? screen, where users can quickly browse the new items available in PlayStation Store as well as their recently played games directly on the XMB? (XrossMediaBar), with short cuts to each piece of content. PS3 will evolve continuously with the system software updates, further improving the operability and enhancing the user experience available through the network. PS3 owners will be able to enjoy new features by simply updating the PS3 system software to version 3.00 via the ?System Update? function on the XMB.

You should be leaking info! Grrr :p

The animated themes look gorgeous, I just want the default one in the video, I love the waves just now. Now waves with sparkly bits! :woot: :p

Still Sony said they were working on party voice chat for this year, it better still come.

Then I'll be without a job :)

I should get the SDK soon. I cant wait to see how they work.

Since when did you become the wise one? lol

3.0 is scheduled for sept. And it doesn't have BC. Get over it people!

They wouldn't announce it this early for a Oct release anyway...they would have delayed its announcement till TGS if that was going to happen!

Ahh, but I am. :p

Alright then another firmware will be released after TGS regarding BC. It may have not been included with 3.0 because they were not ready to release it. Either way it's coming this year because PS2 owners might be holding off buying the Slim because of no BC and if they release it this year then $$ will be coming their way this holiday season.

Oh, and here I was searching all over the Internet for the firmware update so I could download it as soon as I could...

Guess I have to wait 'till September then.