Sony Unveils A New Game Machine!

I would be EXTREMELY surprised, if we ever see this in the US.

*AHEM*

The PSX, which will include a hard-disk drive and broadcast satellite tuner, is due for launch in Japan this year and in Europe and the United States early next year as an all-in-one entertainment device for games, music and moving pictures.

:rolleyes:

Honestly what is the point, its just another way to con money out of the public, whos gonna buy one of them, you could buy a PS2 + Standalone DVD Player AND an XBOX or Gamecube for the price of what thats gonna end up costing, who wants a dvd+rw and 120gb, thats why most of us have pcs

Honestly what is the point, its just another way to con money out of the public, whos gonna buy one of them, you could buy a PS2 + Standalone DVD Player AND an XBOX or Gamecube for the price of what thats gonna end up costing, who wants a dvd+rw and 120gb, thats why most of us have pcs

Uhh, people who don't have PC's? Have you seen the size of apartments in Japan? Something that can have Hard disc recording, DVD writing, Digital Satellite and the most popular gaming format available at the moment all in a single box, costing significantly less then a PC and smaller is desirable. No-one's being conned, if they don't want it they won't buy it. You've totally misunderstood the point of it.

Yeah but im entitled to my own opinion just like yours, i dont diss you for your opinion so kindly dont do it to me.

You're only shafted if you buy it, don't want to be shafted? Don't buy it. If no-one buys it they'll reduce the price.

I like the new PSX...the case design is superb. This looks like to be the highend product of PS2 range, plus more features like 120gb hard disk mentioned. I'm looking forward hearing more news about this new console ;) (Y)

:blink: What the hell?! have they got amnesia?! :blink:

I had the PSX. originally, after sony and nin. got into that tussle and broke up, they created the playstation. this was similar to the grey box we know today. as well as playing cd's, it could use a SNES cartridge. SONY wanted true independance and created the PSX. the 'playstation x-perimental', the grey box we all know today. the new one, ooh. they have something on. yet the radio tuner sounds good. :huh:

looks cool, if its a reasonable price when it hits the states, perhaps ill finally purchase a new console. Last console i bought was a ps1, and i hated it.

:edit: and i still think it should be considered a console, just with other capabilities, not the other way around.