Avira Prenium Security Suite THE BEST!

I tried Avira once, and as soon as the nag screen came up it got uninstalled. There are too many perfectly good alternatives out there to put up with stuff like that. Maybe they don't have that anymore but it pretty much turned me off from their program permanently.

not even, i used norton 2009 for a while, it sucks

Some people tend to hate too much. Over the past two years, I have used NIS 2009, Norton 360, and now NIS 2010. All of them are among the simplest and lightest security softwares out there.

Lol Typo

Honestly, give Avira a try you will be suprised!

Although MSE is free it does a decent job is PRotecting your from Viruses/Malware. One major disadvantage is theirs no firewall built into the software.

Screw firewalls. They are more trouble than they are worth.

The problem with firewalls is that they are so cryptic. You'll see xyz.exe wants to access the internet. You are like... uh....

So ether one of 2 things happens. Ether you click yes to everything that asks and you defeat the purpose. Or you click no to everything and nothing on the computer works.

Plus if you have something bad on your system trying to get out, then you are already ****ed.

Go buy a router problem solved.

Screw firewalls. They are more trouble than they are worth.

The problem with firewalls is that they are so cryptic. You'll see xyz.exe wants to access the internet. You are like... uh....

So ether one of 2 things happens. Ether you click yes to everything that asks and you defeat the purpose. Or you click no to everything and nothing on the computer works.

Plus if you have something bad on your system trying to get out, then you are already ****ed.

Go buy a router problem solved.

Not really problem solved, NAT/SPI Router protects from incoming attacks but it wont protect outgoing..

If your using a firewall and you see program C:\Windows\system32\xyz.exe wants to connect to the internet with no digital signature, it isnt looking the best...

While I hated Norton, at least now its more informative and gives you information on the app trying to access the internet..

Only firewall I use is my routers.. but I'm pretty confident that my systems clean since I dont download crap (Run scans every month with a selection of AV/Anti malware)

No Anti Virus beats a bit of common sense.

But yeah, that's the combo I use.

I am sorry, but common sense can't fully protect a pc, it does reduce the risk but with the amount of exploit you may encounter running a pc normally make promoting common sense is kinda like promoting sexual abstinence...

Hey m'a look I'm still virgin and I do not run an anti-virus on my PC either ;)

Thats why Windows Firewall is just complete TRASH.

Imagine if your system is infected with a backdoor, normally the backdoor will try to gain access to a remote server or computer!!

Once connected it will send anything from Keystrokes, screenshots to files.

You as a user won't even know whats happening!

!

Windows Firewall outbound protection doesnt exist in XP/Vista but in Win7 it's available, but not by default.

Which is a security RISK

Some people tend to hate too much. Over the past two years, I have used NIS 2009, Norton 360, and now NIS 2010. All of them are among the simplest and lightest security softwares out there.

I think norton has been so bad for so many years that even if they make the most perfect product people will still trash it. After past experiences with it I'm not coming anywhere near a symantec product, ever.

I tried Avira once, and as soon as the nag screen came up it got uninstalled. There are too many perfectly good alternatives out there to put up with stuff like that. Maybe they don't have that anymore but it pretty much turned me off from their program permanently.

it's a popup not a nag screen (it doesn't force you to wait 30 sec before beign able to close it) indeed it is annoying but it's a price (closing a windows) a few people are willing to pay for premium protection.

Avira perform very well in VB100 test, this is not the case of every free AV...

Another vote for Norton 2009+. Anyone who hasn't tried them should at least give it a trial run just to prove that they can actually make good products. Their corporate scanning software from the Symantec Labs themselves were really good, but they've finally brought the same quality products into the consumer market. Believe me, I never thought I'd be saying that, given the history :p

Another vote for Norton 2009+. Anyone who hasn't tried them should at least give it a trial run just to prove that they can actually make good products. Their corporate scanning software from the Symantec Labs themselves were really good, but they've finally brought the same quality products into the consumer market. Believe me, I never thought I'd be saying that, given the history :p

i will never touch a norton product.

Have you tired norton 2009 / 2010?

Why bother, Norton has the same reputation as African prostitutes and despite them trying to correct their mistakes, the latest versions aren't even superior to the competition in any way, shape or form ... So why not choose a product that is just as good or better, developed by a company with a good reputation.

Why bother, Norton has the same reputation as African prostitutes anation.

:o .............. :rofl:

Have you tired norton 2009 / 2010?

yup, just uninstalled it off my dads pc as it slowed it too a crawl. gave him avira and he is now good to go!

Personal experiences indicate that anything is better than a resource hogging Norton product.

You might wanna change what your sig says. With misinformed posts like this, I'd hardly consider you much of an expert. Symantec has drastically cut down how much bloat and resource usage is in Norton since at least the 2009 line of products, nevermind the 2010 line that's already out now. Might wanna get your facts straight and stop living in 2007.

Norton SUCKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Same to you, and the rest of you guys that seem to be living in the past.

Sincerely, a NOD32 v4.x user.

:o .............. :rofl:

yup, just uninstalled it off my dads pc as it slowed it too a crawl. gave him avira and he is now good to go!

Out of curiosity what were the specs of that machine?