[Formula 1] 2010 Silly Season

Manor GP(Possibly To Be Renamed Virgin GP)Has Signed Lucas di Grassi As Theri Second Driver,After Glock.

His team-mate will be the Brazilian rookie Lucas di Grassi, BBC Radio Sheffield has reported.

2010 Formula One Championship grid

Vodafone McLaren Mercedes

1. Jenson Button

2. Lewis Hamilton

Mercedes GP

3. Nico Rosberg

4. Nick Heidfeld

Red Bull Renault

5. Mark Webber

6. Sebastian Vettel

Scuderia Ferrari Santander

7. Felipe Massa

8. Fernando Alonso

AT&T Williams Cosworth

9. Nico H?lkenberg

10. Rubens Barichello

Renault

11. Robert Kubica

Force India Mercedes

14. Adrian Sutil

15. Vitantonio Liuzzi

Scuderia Toro Rosso Ferrari

16. Sebastian Buemi

17. Jaime Alguersuari

Virgin Manor F1 Cosworth

18. Timo Glock

19. Lucas di Grassi

Telefonica Campos GP Cosworth

20. Bruno Senna

21. ?

Team US F1 Cosworth

22. ?

23. ?

Lotus F1 Cosworth

24. ?

25. ?

Sauber Ferrari

26. ?

27. ?

What Greed?He's Not Getting A Seat In A Top Drive,For Whatever Reasons.

He's Not Like Hill Or Villeneuve Who'll Go For A Mid Field car,Or A New Team.He's Not Doing It Because Of The Extra $3-5 Mn He'll Get.I Doubt That's Ever Meant Anything To Him.

His Salary At Rallying Will Be Far Less As Well.

I Do Hope H Return In '11 Though.With RBR Possibly.

New edit after Button's switch to McLaren has been made official. Confirmed data in blue.

1. Jenson Button

2. Lewis Hamilton

Mercedes GP

3. Nico Rosberg

4. Nick Heidfeld

Red Bull Renault

5. Mark Webber

6. Sebastian Vettel

Scuderia Ferrari Santander

7. Felipe Massa

8. Fernando Alonso

AT&T Williams Cosworth

9. Nico H?lkenberg

10. Rubens Barichello

Renault>

11. Robert Kubica

Force India Mercedes>

14. Adrian Sutil

15. Vitantonio Liuzzi

Scuderia Toro Rosso Ferrari>

16. Sebastian Buemi

17. Jaime Alguersuari

Virgin Manor F1 Cosworth>

18. Timo Glock

19. Luca di Grassi

Telefonica Campos GP Cosworth>

20. Bruno Senna

21. ?

Team US F1 Cosworth>

22. ?

23. ?

Lotus F1 Cosworth>

24. ?

25. ?

Sauber Ferrari>

26. ?

27. ?

Almost all of the rookies this season have been terrible! Remember Luca Badoer? :p

Sorry, but I have to stop you there. Luca Badoer wasn't a rookie; he's raced 58 times in F1 since 1993. Although talent-wise, he drives like a rookie. :p He hasn't scored a single point in any of his 58 races. The highest he's ever finished is 7th in the 1993 San Marino Grand Prix. Unfortunately for him back then, points only went to the top 6 drivers.

Button Vs Hamilton will be great to see evolve.

Yep, especially now that they should have the same car, and hopefully it won't take long for Button to get used to the new team.

I think Hamilton will be the better driver, but we will see :D

Personally I think Raikkonen's form has dipped quiet a bit since capturing the title, and for me the fact that there haven't even been any negotiations with Mercedes GP tells me that he isn't interested in driving for them anyway.

Personally i'd want someone motivated to drive the team forward, and whilst Raikkonen is a great driver he isn't the best motivational artist.

Mercedes to name first driver today

The new Mercedes Grand Prix team is set to confirm its first driver for the 2010 season, with Nico Rosberg the main favourite for the seat.

The German car maker bought a majority stake in the Brawn GP team last week and is renaming the team in order to race under its own name from the 2010 season.

Since world champion Jenson Button left for McLaren, Mercedes GP has been linked with an all-German line-up for next year, and Rosberg looks set to be confirmed.

Nick Heidfeld has been linked with the second drive.

Mercedes GP is holding a press conference today at 12pm CET to announce its first driver, in a press conference with Norbert Haug and Nick Fry.

Source: Autosport

Who could it be... Rosberg? R?ikk?nen? Schumacher Sr? Montoya?

About an hour and we'll know.

Confirmed on the BrawnGP website: Nico Rosberg to drive for Mercedes GP

Which leaves us with the following grid for 2010:

1. Jenson Button

2. Lewis Hamilton

Mercedes GP

3. Nico Rosberg

4. Nick Heidfeld/Kimi R?ikk?nen/Michael SchumacherRed Bull Renaultb>

5. Mark Webber

6. Sebastian VettelScuderia Ferrari Santanderb>

7. Felipe Massa

8. Fernando AlonsoAT&T Williams Cosworthb>

9. Nico H?lkenberg

10. Rubens Barichello

Good for Rosberg, I feel his talent deserves a potentially race winning car. I just hope Schumacher doesn't get the other seat, as the whole world knows he would never drive on even terms with anyone and that would be bad for Rosberg's career.

Liuzzi and Sutil confirmed at Force India.

1. Jenson Button

2. Lewis Hamilton

Mercedes GP

3. Nico Rosberg

5. Mark Webber

6. Sebastian VettelScuderia Ferrari Santanderb>

7. Felipe Massa

9. Nico H?lkenberg

10. Rubens Barichello

FIA Entry list for 2010 published; Manor to race under Virgin name

1. Jenson Button

2. Lewis Hamilton

Mercedes GP

3. Nico Rosberg

5. Sebastian Vettel

6. Mark WebberScuderia Ferrari Marlborob>

7. Felipe Massa

9. Rubens Barichello

10. Nico H?lkenberg[/b]/b>

11. Robert Kubica

12.Force India Mercedes/b>

14. Adrian Sutil

15. Vitantonio Liuzzi[/b]/b>

16. Sebastian Buemi

17. Jaime AlguersuarLotus F1 Cosworth /b>

18. Jarno Trulli

19. Telefonica Campos Meta 1 Cosworth/b>

20. ?

21. Bruno Senna [/b]/b>

22. Jacques Villeneuve

23. Virgin Racing Cosworth/b>

24. Timo Glock

25. Luca di GrassNot on the entry list, but likely to make it to the grid:/bSauber Ferrari/b>

26. Nick Heidfeld

27. ?

FIA Press Release

Note the two addenda at the bottom:

[brawn GP] has indicated its intention to change its team name to Mercedes Grand Prix prior to the start of the 2010 season.

Toyota Motorsport GmbH remains formally bound by the Concorde Agreement to put forward a team for participation, though it has indicated that it will not be in a position to do so. An announcement will be made regarding this entry in due course.

Citroen denies Raikkonen deal

Citroen Racing team principal Olivier Quesnel has denied any contact with Kimi Raikkonen - despite ongoing rumours that the Finn is expected to sign to drive a C4 WRC in next year's World Rally Championship.

Raikkonen and his management team have made it quite clear that they want to be in the World Rally Championship next season and speculation suggests they will do that with backing from energy drinks giant Red Bull, already a title sponsor of the Citroen WRC team.

"Nothing is signed, I never had [Kimi] Raikkonen on the telephone," Quesnel told French newspaper L'Equipe.

"In any case, [if Raikkonen did sign for Citroen] it would not be in the official team, but in the Citroen Junior Team. There is a lot of noise about this."

Despite the lack of contact with Quesnel, he said he would be very pleased to see the Finn competing in the WRC.

"He was not a [Formula 1] world champion by chance," said Quesnel. "In Finland last year, he was quite astonishing at the wheel of a Super 2000 car.

"If he comes to WRC, it will be very good news for the rally in general. It would also be nice to thumb the nose to F1."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/80364

Michael Schumacher for Mercedes. He can bring back some excitement that F1 is in dire need of. Without Kimi, Montoya and a few others, F1 has started to become quite dull that lacks any great overtaking battles putting aside Glock and Truli's awesome one in the 09 season. Ya di ya di ya all you want about the aerodynamics and KERS, teams have just tried to rely on pitting alone rather than overtaking which has in turn, has formed F1 into a lackluster motorsport. I'm looking forward for the re-fueling ban for this (2010) season, perhaps we'll see more overtaking.

Schumacher is a great driver and has proven it over and over again in a variety of racing events such as the Karting in Vegas, Race of Champions and Massa's championship (forgot the name) even after finishing his F1 career back in 2006. Yes, Schumacher has had some spills but he's only human and I doubt any of you have never made any mistakes. At least he doesn't go round crashing into people in the pits at a red light.

I think Jenson Button may disagree with you there Billus, he pulled off some pretty good overtakes during '09

And I think you will find there is a slight difference between mistakenly hitting a car in the pit lane and deliberately parking your car in a corner to hinder everyone's qualifying laps, or ramming your opponents when they are overtaking you to stop them finishing a race ;)