Neowin Survey - Neowin mobile, what device do you use?

What device would you use for Neowin Mobile?  

533 members have voted

1. 1. Device choices:

• iPhone / iPod Touch / Android / Palm Pre
    • Blackberry
    • Nokia S60 based device
    • Windows Mobile 6.5
    • Other (Please Specify)

In the past I always used my Blackberry (Pearl) which was a huge hassle before the mobile site came online. Even with that, the Blackberry has never been that easy to use Neowin on. I just won an iPod touch three weeks ago so I plan on using that more often to visit Neowin while I'm out and about.

Pre listed next to Safari browsers? Is Pre Browser powered by webkit? Also the Pre browser only scores 1/100 on the Acid 3 test so far from standards compliant. I'm not bashing the Pre I'm just pointing out it may need to be coded slightly differently.

Pre listed next to Safari browsers? Is Pre Browser powered by webkit? Also the Pre browser only scores 1/100 on the Acid 3 test so far from standards compliant. I'm not bashing the Pre I'm just pointing out it may need to be coded slightly differently.

It is based on WebKit, and in our tests it rendered the same as the iPhone. Acid3 can be a finicky test - point is, the Palm Pre browser is, for all intensive purposes, the same as the Android and iPhone/iPod touch browsers.

I don't have a Pre myself (iPhone user), but it is my understanding that it definitely uses webkit in one form or another.

It is based on WebKit, and in our tests it rendered the same as the iPhone. Acid3 can be a finicky test - point is, the Palm Pre browser is, for all intensive purposes, the same as the Android and iPhone/iPod touch browsers.

I don't have a Pre myself (iPhone user), but it is my understanding that it definitely uses webkit in one form or another.

10ic3t2.png

I'm always changing my mobile phone and i would like to access Neowin on each device without any limitations. No matter what size of screen the device has it should be able to display Neowin regardless.

At the moment i have a Nokia 5800, which was upgraded from a Nokia 6500s, Nokia N91, XDA Argon, Blackberry Curve 8320 and i'm looking to change to the Nokia N97 in the next few weeks.

Out of those devices not many have a decent size screen but you should be able to view Neowin regardless.

None. I believe sites should be viewed as full and I HATE when a site forces you to view their mobile version without giving a option to view as the full version.

Its seems Neowin will still give that option so thank you :)

None. I believe sites should be viewed as full and I HATE when a site forces you to view their mobile version without giving a option to view as the full version.

Its seems Neowin will still give that option so thank you :)

You find it much easier to navigate and hell of a lot quicker to load viewing a full HTML page such as Neowin on a mobile device?

kdog.png

Kanye is correct. Currently it's a bitch to browse Neowin in a CLI, so assuming the mobile webpages are going to be as lean and clean as possible, I assume that they are possibly CLIable. And thus, I humbly propose adding the user agents of ELinks, Lynx, w3m into this list of mobile devices.

Well hey, guys, grouping the Palm Pre, Android, and the iPhone together? What do you think is going to get more votes here?

I say Windows Mobile 6.5. I plan on making a Touch Pro2 my next device, and a client like that would be really nice to have. As of now, I'm relying on Opera Mini and Bolt to get my news on the go.

You find it much easier to navigate and hell of a lot quicker to load viewing a full HTML page such as Neowin on a mobile device?

Yes.

kdog.png

I dont know if you made the image but whoever made it misquoted him, made it unfunny and problably killed a future internet meme....

I'm always changing my mobile phone and i would like to access Neowin on each device without any limitations. No matter what size of screen the device has it should be able to display Neowin regardless.

At the moment i have a Nokia 5800, which was upgraded from a Nokia 6500s, Nokia N91, XDA Argon, Blackberry Curve 8320 and i'm looking to change to the Nokia N97 in the next few weeks.

Out of those devices not many have a decent size screen but you should be able to view Neowin regardless.

That's all very nice but we won't be supporting every device. It's not as simple as "no matter what size of screen".