mrk

Got my new netbook today (spec in sig)

Wonderful stuff!

Here are my pics!

laptop_311c_lid.jpg

laptop_311c_profile2.jpg

laptop_311c_vs_dinovo-kb.jpg

jonhapimp

Woot this thread is up to speed i would post my workstation but it sucks on a huge level, it sucks being broke :(

Chasethebase
Got my new netbook today (spec in sig)

Wonderful stuff!

Here are my pics!

What keyboard is that?

ultimate99

^what's that on top of your tower?

Richard Hammond

Whats it like using a big TV like that as a monitor, im thinking of doing away with my 24" and getting a 42" 1080p tv as monitor.

ultimate99

24" is not big enough? :blink:

Klownicle
^what's that on top of your tower?

Its a Custom Built Media Center PC, using nVidia ION..

DSC00605_small.jpg

Whats it like using a big TV like that as a monitor, im thinking of doing away with my 24" and getting a 42" 1080p tv as monitor.

Not bad actually, I had a 26in but I wanted larger. 30in are like 1000+$, so why not go TV size... I got this 42in 120hz Vizio for 600$, can't beat that.. Btw I use HDMI for Video signal from computer. Only thing I notice is the colors arn't exactly the same when using a PC Monitor. IE: the colors are deeper, it could just be how I have it configured. I watch alot of movies so its color corrected for that.

Never, im getting bigger come Black Friday heh.

Edited by Klownicle
lt8480

Not if you only have one :p

Sadly my two 24" monitors no longer match - as one died 10 months after purchase and was a discontinued product so they couldn't replace for an identical - they even offered me a refund but nowhere was selling them any more.

I'm mid way through doing a big tidy up today... I should have took pics before I started as it will be quite drastically different (currently my pc is "thrown" on the desk as needed to get working asap at the time, its also a conglomeration of years of parts collated in all manner of ways.... just finished diassembling a keyboard to clean out and now it looks like new - really pleased as the buttons have become softer agin.

I will have to get pics up once done - other tasks mid way done include:

Complete drive clear of old Win7 and fresh install now Windows 7 now released.

Removing hard drives from WD MyBooks - and inserting internally.

Tidying up internal cabling, and also external cabling (getting rid off power cables to by scrapping WD external drive, also moving pc position, and repositioning speakers and subs and everything else.

A tip if anyone has a precious but old and dirty mouse mat they want to give new life to.... I have a "fabric" style one with an image on it, as it was soo filthy I risked cleaning it with Vanish Carpet Cleaning Foam - within a minute it looked almost like new and no colour damage at all! its quite obvious as its light grey colour mostly - or is once moreagain! Its a few years old but looks great again - im so pleased.

mrk
What keyboard is that?

dinovo for notebooks

Chasethebase
dinovo for notebooks

Agh, I've heard that's quite expensive yes?

mrk

?60 it cost me

Chasethebase
?60 it cost me

Yikes, kinda steep for my lowly student budget :lol:

mrk

Lol the Edge is ?120 !

aussiefloyd_fan
I finally had some time to change around my desk layout. Now I find it much more productive.

privacy screen FTW... or is that a sun glare shield? either way its for the win

Edited by AUSSIE_FLOYD_FAN
max84
privacy screen FTW... or is that a sun glare shield? either way its for the win

It's a sun glare shield, because it's a color-calibrated screen. I'm a photographer, that's why I need it.

Zimmyantz
It's a sun glare shield, because it's a color-calibrated screen. I'm a photographer, that's why I need it.

Does that mean you need the shield to accurately determine the colours your seeing?

aussiefloyd_fan

well; with those windows he doesnt need sun glare messing with the results... would be my guess

bob21

e6ok08.jpg

Got rid of those silly SATA>USB converters so yay for 60MB/S transfer rate, Connected to this

8TB of movies spewed all over the house with 5ghz 802.11n :victory:

aussiefloyd_fan

just my stuff...

Hp 2009M monitor extended to the asus k60

theres a WD 500GB hard drive there, a maxtor eide 120GB hdd,and a seagate 80GB hdd all are mostly empty. I probably don't have 40GB of data between them all.

Theres my cyber acoustics 2.1 system i think its 50watts max... 30 for the sub and 10 for each side ...

my logitec s510 wireless desktop..

and my ipod touch 8G 2nd gen

and my lg 32inch lcd tv

i like the snap feature of 7 it scales 2 windows side by side....

and on my laptop screen there i am talking to CrashGordon via wlm

post-249793-1257197004_thumb.jpg

post-249793-1257197239_thumb.jpg

Klownicle
e6ok08.jpg

Got rid of those silly SATA>USB converters so yay for 60MB/S transfer rate, Connected to this

8TB of movies spewed all over the house with 5ghz 802.11n :victory:

What case is that? (the hd array) and what model is that card, been lookin for somthing with that many sata lines.