Show us your workstations!

What case is that? (the hd array) and what model is that card, been lookin for somthing with that many sata lines.

I really hope that isn't a RAID-0 array...

What case is that? (the hd array) and what model is that card, been lookin for somthing with that many sata lines.

http://www.mcpb.com/html/cse.58sta2er8.html

and the cards a AMCC 9500S-8R

If my hardware would allow it, I would be running 2 external monitors (one via HDMI/DVI and another via VGA).

The external monitor in this photo is now connected via HDMI/DVI instead of VGA, but it's a week old photo. :p

current-desk-thumb.JPG

Click the thumbnail for a larger photo.

dsc00971s.jpg

Mine

Lappy is just a CD 2.0Ghz 2GB DDR2 Ram Intel 960 Graphics 120 GB HDD also with a 320GB USB HDD.

Must get a bigger desk this small one is driving me insane.

This is my main PC.

dsc00971s.jpg

Mine

Lappy is just a CD 2.0Ghz 2GB DDR2 Ram Intel 960 Graphics 120 GB HDD also with a 320GB USB HDD.

This one has my vote

What a great combination...

View

Laptop

Bottle of bear

Got rid of those silly SATA>USB converters so yay for 60MB/S transfer rate, Connected to this

8TB of movies spewed all over the house with 5ghz 802.11n :victory:

could you pm'd the name of the card please, lookin into something like what you have.

Mine

You should get a blind for that window (unless you only use your laptop at night) - the strain on your eyes of daylight flooding all around (even if not direct) against trying to focus on a close screen which is very dark in comparison will be putting huge unnessary strain on your eyes. It will make such a big difference you will be able to feel it and not believe you never had one. You should not focus on close dimly lit objects with bright day light in the background ever.

You should get a blind for that window (unless you only use your laptop at night) - the strain on your eyes of daylight flooding all around (even if not direct) against trying to focus on a close screen which is very dark in comparison will be putting huge unnessary strain on your eyes. It will make such a big difference you will be able to feel it and not believe you never had one. You should not focus on close dimly lit objects with bright day light in the background ever.

That's what the vertical blinds are for. If you didn't notice the image didn't show the other side of the Window.

Edited by saasn

Does that mean you need the shield to accurately determine the colours your seeing?

No, it's hardware-calibrated. So, I could take the shield away if I wanted actually.

That's what the vertical blinds are for. If you didn't notice the image didn't show the other side of the Window.

Ah thank goodness!

As for getting a big desk Ikea do some cheap basic ones - you can get the table top separate to the supports (whether you choose legs/cabinet etc.) they go up to 2m in length x 0.6 deep :)

Full PC/room maintenance...

Just finished stripping out 2 USB hard drives and internally installing / installing Windows 7 / general PC clean internally, mouse(+mat), keyboard and cable tidy up internally and externally.

In total got rid of 8 cables and 1 power strip :) and now have more desk space too since hiding my box down below.

the left one is a samsung and the right an acer... my guess is they are a pair of 22inchers?

Yep you are right on the samsung and acer, close but they 24inch each @ 1920x1200 (x1200 rather than the increasingly common x1080 for the full HD badge it seems) - they were originally both acer and matched till one died a couple of months ago :( luckily still in warranty by the store but sadly the model is discontinued by them and everywhere else (all the acers that are similar seem to be 1080) so they offered me the next closest monitor with the same res/ratio which was actually ?50 more than the Acer I got - its a shame the other Acer hasn't blown up - i liked them matching!

They look bigger now the case isn't on the side cupboard and cables and other bits and pieces are also tidied up.

I just need to sort out those cables :whistle: Bigger monitor arriving soon.

~snip

I think you might need a bigger mouse pad. :whistle:

<< snip >>

Stuff you see:

Acer 24" Monitor

Logitech G15 Keyboard

Logitech G5 Mouse

Razer Mantis Mouse Mat

Psp

1TB Western Digital External Hard Drive

Toy Soldier holding a USB extender between his legs

Samsung Tocco Lite Phone

Dell Laptop

and best of all, Fingerprints on the window!

I dont suppose you have a link for the wallpaper on the big screen do you?