Zomebieland (2009)

OMG THIS MOVIE WAS AWESOME . I saw it last night, I couldnt stop laughing the whole time, I give this movie a 95% approval rating. The zombies in a way reminded me of the L4D zombies. Plus the bigger sister was pretty cute :D

Wichita is very nice :D

The movie was awesome! It reminds me of Left 4 Dead. lol and it made me wanted to play it as soon as the movie was over. 4 survivors in a zombie apocalypse fighting to survive at an amusement park. I think they have a map like that in Left 4 Dead 2. lol

Was so worth watching. Thinking of getting the DVD of it when it comes out.

Very good film, enjoyed it and Woody Harrelson did a great job. Good to see him back as last time i really saw him was when he starred in the Money Train!

• 3 weeks later...

I have been meaning to watch this movie. If it's anything like 'Shaun of the Dead', I'll probably enjoy it. By the way, have any of you guys watched 'Fido'? Is it a good zombie movie?

P.S.: The title is supposed to be 'Zombieland'.

• 2 weeks later...

Bill Murray rocks.

Anyhow, it's sort of a zombie/romance/re-discovery movie. Woody really pulls off a character that

just doesn't give a damn anymore... until he meets his new sidekick and helps him get the girl.

If you like comedies, and you like zombie movies, I don't think you can go wrong here. Well worth

watching.

I enjoyed this, but it's not as good as Shaun of the Dead, and even that wasn't THAT good. I seem to always remember Shaun of the Dead very fondly, but every time I watch it, while still being a really good, really funny movie, I always feel that it didn't fully fulfill its potential and could have been funnier.

I'm left with the same impression with Zombieland. There are many funny moments, but there could have been more. Sometimes when I was watching it I thought "why didn't they think to do it like this or include this or that? That would have funny!". Also, for a movie that has a title like this, it has a distracting lack of... zombies! There was a stretch of period of around 20 minutes when I didn't see one zombie around! I also think the movie is tilted slight too much towards the characters, and we don't get to see much of the zombieland. Sure there are glimpses here and there showing what earth has become, but there is no real establishing sequence or shot, as is done in most zombie movies.

But don't let all this naysaying discourage you, this is still one very fun and funny movie. The cast is really good, especially the two male leads, they are excellent and have good chemistry. Little miss sunshine does well too, but Emma Stone is a bit too much of a bitch for me to totally like her lol. The surprise cameo is pretty awesome. So in the end, 3.5/5

• 1 month later...

I was actually a little disappointed in the film. It was still good, but nowhere near as funny as I had thought it was going to be. It had hilarious moments though.

3 out of 5

Nowhere near as funny as every anticipated it to be. Got to agree there. But still, enjoyable none the less.

I watched this the other night and thought it was awesome. I especially liked the part when Bill Murray got shot. That was classic!

"You look oddly similar to Eddie Van Halen...", LOL

Just saw it a few hours ago for the first time. Tallahassee was awesome. Reminded me a little of Bert Gummer from Tremors, lol.

Picked it up on Blu-ray and watched it again, I must say, I enjoyed it more the second time than the first time. I suppose I had to high of hopes for the film going into the threatre and that's what I was disappointed. I'd say that it was so good the second time around that I'd bump my rating from 3 out of 5 to 4 out of 5 :yes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'd admit the movie was awesome when they were killing zombies, but there was also a LOT of slow sections. Yes Bill Murry was funny that whole section would have been far more entertaining if they were in a zombie fight.

I really liked Zombieland, it almost seemed like a video game movie that was done really well.

Emma Stone is soooo hot!!

4/5

agreed :shifty: :whistle: :shiftyninja: