[OFFICIAL] Xbox LIVE Preview Program: Zune, Facebook and Twitter

I am happy to announce that we?re doing an Xbox LIVE Update Preview program for upcoming features such as Zune, Facebook and Twitter. Much like we have done in the past, you?ll need to visit the Microsoft Connect site from this link and sign in with your Windows LIVE ID that is connected to your Xbox LIVE Gamertag.

Once you do that, you need to fill out the "Xbox LIVE Update Preview Sign Up" survey in order to be considered for receiving the Preview System Update. We're asking a few questions about where you live, your home network, ISP connection and a few other pieces of information. We are looking for a good cross-section of our members in order to get the best feedback we can.

The Xbox team will then review all of the applications and if you?re selected we?ll send you an email notifying you of your acceptance in the program. A couple of points before you head off to register:

* We?re looking for multiple thousands of participants, so your chances of making it in are good

* This opportunity is open to all Xbox LIVE Members in regions where Xbox LIVE is available

* Just completing the survey does not automatically get you access to the Preview Program. We?ll be making final selections from the completed surveys and send you an email if you are selected.

* While both Xbox LIVE Gold and Silver members can sign up, Priority will be given to Gold members in the selection process.

For additional details and specific requirements, head to Xbox.com.

If you are accepted, you'll hear from us in about a week. Make sure your information on Connect is updated with a current email address so we can email you if you are accepted.

I'm already signed up. I got into the one in the summer and I hope to get into this one too!

Also signed up, just a shame the preview update doesn't include Last.fm.

In what Major Nelson wrote, it seems that Last.fm may or may not be in there because he said "I am happy to announce that we?re doing an Xbox LIVE Update Preview program for upcoming featuresuch asb> Zune, Facebook and Twitter.

That could mean that it is part of it, it's just not as major as Zune, Twitter or Facebook. Or they just decided to not include it at all.

I just signed up and it said congratulations "You have successfully applied to Xbox Live Update Preview and your status is Active." That mean im in or that I have been accepted to be considered?

I just signed up and it said congratulations "You have successfully applied to Xbox Live Update Preview and your status is Active." That mean im in or that I have been accepted to be considered?

I'm wondering that as well, also my connect dashboard status is "Participating"

I've got a feeling that most people that filled out the application accurately (didn't just make stuff up for tv model, etc) will be getting in. Anyway, still wish Pandora was being integrated instead of last.fm, it's so much better.

Also signed up, and got into the summer preview so hopefully have a chance to try this new update as well :)

Ive been trying for the past half hour but apparently their servers are being hammered :p

Yeah i can't even get to the connect homepage.

Edit: Well, took me some time to get my model numbers, and do all the info for the sign up, but i'm FINNALY signed up!

Edited by Ruran

Signed up for this one too :) got in at the first round in all the others so hope too on this one too :). Not get asked about my ISP or location this time :/

So MajorNelson said today, that the sign-ups will be closing today and if all goes well the E-Mails for the first wave will go out sometime on Friday.

So MajorNelson said today, that the sign-ups will be closing today and if all goes well the E-Mails for the first wave will go out sometime on Friday.

Lucky I just signed up now then! Hoping I will get in :)

Signed up, heres hoping I get in. I really want Last.fm support, but unfortunately we Aussie's will probably get screwed again

Signed up, heres hoping I get in. I really want Last.fm support, but unfortunately we Aussie's will probably get screwed again

Yeah I signed up today as well but it looks like we missed signups for this one.

I wasn't asked for my X-Box model number or anything though.

Yeah I signed up today as well but it looks like we missed signups for this one.

I wasn't asked for my X-Box model number or anything though.

I signed up as soon as the notification came out. Last week I think... fingers crossed.

I'm not saying that these two are related, but I also signed up last week for the preview program and today I got prompted to install a system update. I had been using my console recently, so this is a new update. Of course wouldn't it be my luck that I get the three dreaded red lights right after the update. I have an Elite made back in 2007, which has been very stable up to this point. I'm guessing the update killed it, since it was showing no signs of having any problems and hadn't been used for heavy game play for a little while.

Anyone else get prompted for an update today?