[OFFICIAL] Xbox LIVE Preview Program: Zune, Facebook and Twitter

Congratulations!

You have been selected to participate in the Xbox LIVE update Preview. Welcome!

Over the next few weeks you will be given the opportunity to experience all the great new features which will be available soon on Xbox, but you get to see them before the rest of the world.

These include ?

? Zune video

? Twitter

? Last.fm

? Facebook

We have already begun the process of rolling out the updates to your console. If you do not receive it right away, don?t worry, you will get it soon.

Be sure to visit https://connect.microsoft.com/dashboard then sign and click Xbox LIVE Update, to see lots of great information about the preview including detailed information about each new product in the program. We want to know what you think, so go to the site to provide us with your suggestions and visit the private forums to chat with other testers about these great new features.

But most of all, sit back, and enjoy all that Xbox has to offer.

The Xbox team

Got my invite cannot wait to finish work

Last.fm is not available in India too and going to Facebook gives an error :/

Apparently those idiots at MS decided to make it US and UK only.

I'm getting really fed up with this bull****, i pay 60 Euro's a year so i want to be able to access the same features as other people in the the world.

And don't give me this crap that it has to do with licensing because that's pure bull****, I'm perfectly able to access last.fm through the web.

Edit: It seems its last.fm's fault.

Honestly i don't get why MS keeps releasing stuff the rest of the world can't enjoy.

Apparently those idiots at MS decided to make it US and UK only.

I'm getting really fed up with this bull****, i pay 60 Euro's a year so i want to be able to access the same features as other people in the the world.

And don't give me this crap that it has to do with licensing because that's pure bull****, I'm perfectly able to access last.fm through the web.

Edit: It seems its last.fm's fault.

Honestly i don't get why MS keeps releasing stuff the rest of the world can't enjoy.

is last.fm out where you live? if not its not microsofts fault that last.fm hasn't got the legal right to be used in other countrys

Update my console 1st thing this morning!

Got to say loving the features especially Last.fm, like other have already commented, it's a shame you can't access, Twitter, Facebook, or Last.fm while playing a game. Would certainly make the experience more immersive!

So far so good :)

Does anyone know how to connect a wireless keyboard to both the xbox and pc at the same time? I've got an HTPC setup so would just like to use the one keyboard between the 2 devices if possible - would a KVM switch work?

Bit dissapointed by it really. Facebook is ok, but will probaby continue to use my laptop. Twitter needs to be able to open and view URLs.

MS should really just implement a basic web browser in the 360, and before anyone comes back loling at that idea, read the topic you're in LastFM/Facebook/Twitter, websites.

The only thing I'd consider using is LastFM at a party where someone has a crappy PC/no PC in the room people are in. Even then last party we just got the laptop, portable speakers and spotify out, I really wish spotify would be added to the consoles.

is last.fm out where you live? if not its not microsofts fault that last.fm hasn't got the legal right to be used in other countrys

No its not out and thats the point. Why does MS keep adding services only two countries in the world are able to use.

I understand they can't make it free for other countries, but that's what they have paid subscriptions for. People who have an XBL and a Last.fm subscription should be able to use that feature, but instead they lock us all out.

I'm starting to wonder more and more why we even have to pay for gold, all the good features aren't available here.

We have to pay ?59.95 a year for gold that's a ****load more then folks from the US have to pay and we still get shafted. Hell they should give us more features since we are paying more.

If they can't give us the same features the US gets, then they could at least lower the Gold subscription fee.

simple if you find it to expensive then dont pay it, no one is forcing you to pay it lol

It has nothing to do with it being to expensive, i'm happy to pay 60 euro's a year, but don't you think its a bit unfair that they keep releasing features only one or two countries in the world can use.

Got my update last night :)

Facebook, Twitter and Zune work nicely. Id never use Zune myself because i would never rent movies on XBL for certain reasons :shiftyninja:.

FOund it all to be pretty decent, the Zune Movie thing looks interesting, but how long do you "rent" the movies for?

Just got an email from microsoft connect, im in!

Congratulations!

Over the next few weeks you will be given the opportunity to experience all the great new features which will be available soon on Xbox, but you get to see them before the rest of the world.

But no update yet, they are rolling it out.

Just got an email from microsoft connect, im in!

Congratulations!

But no update yet, they are rolling it out.

I got the update last night but still no email! :laugh:

FOund it all to be pretty decent, the Zune Movie thing looks interesting, but how long do you "rent" the movies for?

It's the same as the previous video marketplace, 14 days unless you hit play then it expires in 24 hours from the time you hit play. You also have the option to buy movies in HD or SD as well. I rented Apollo 13 last night in HD and it was a 10gb download. :D

I am interested in seeing how the facebook pictures integration works. Supposedly (Tiger Woods 10 has it built in already) allow you take a screenshot from in game and it will auto post it on your facebook due to this update.

No its not out and thats the point. Why does MS keep adding services only two countries in the world are able to use.

I understand they can't make it free for other countries, but that's what they have paid subscriptions for. People who have an XBL and a Last.fm subscription should be able to use that feature, but instead they lock us all out.

I'm starting to wonder more and more why we even have to pay for gold, all the good features aren't available here.

We have to pay ?59.95 a year for gold that's a ****load more then folks from the US have to pay and we still get shafted. Hell they should give us more features since we are paying more.

If they can't give us the same features the US gets, then they could at least lower the Gold subscription fee.

Somebody obviously doesn't understand how complex a process it is get media based services out in the rest of the world. Media content owners/distributors are ****ing ######.

I do agree that $60US for Live should not immediately mean 60Euro but Microsoft is hardly the only company that does that.

It has nothing to do with it being to expensive, i'm happy to pay 60 euro's a year, but don't you think its a bit unfair that they keep releasing features only one or two countries in the world can use.

I'm sure it has something to do with licensing agreements.

Somebody obviously doesn't understand how complex a process it is get media based services out in the rest of the world. Media content owners/distributors are ****ing ######.

I do agree that $60US for Live should not immediately mean 60Euro but Microsoft is hardly the only company that does that.

Sometime in the future. all music and movies/tv will be globally licensed and not have individual licenses for every country and city state in the world. and when you license it you can distribute it anywhere in the world....

Well I'm hoping that''ll happen some 50-60 years down the road (anything less would be optimistic :p)

and damn, mail but no update... oh well, back to FM3