BUG - Unable to change MAC address In Windows 7 32bit

Maybe in 4 or 5 months when SP1 hits, we, the ignored and forgotten may actually be able to connect to the internet........

For the time being, im just sitting back in XP and watching the bug list for windows 7 grow.

If theres any justice, MS has finally signed their own death warrant with yet another hurried and bug-laden product.

Hmm how does one close a thread so those who like the sound of their own ego driven voices cant add any more ridiculous comments?

Please don't act like you're the "innocent informer" helping the confused masses. You came here to start a flame war, and that's what you got. If you were truly trying to inform people, you would have cut out the pointless diatribe of your original post and provided some links to support your "information".

That said, everything works fine over here.

• 4 weeks later...

From the inf file of the win7 beta driver on the tp-link website

I show

HKR, Ndi\params\NetworkAddress, ParamDesc, 0, %NetworkAddress%

HKR, Ndi\params\NetworkAddress, default, 0, ""

HKR, Ndi\params\NetworkAddress, LimitText, 0, "12"

HKR, Ndi\params\NetworkAddress, UpperCase, 0, "1"

HKR, Ndi\params\NetworkAddress, optional, 0, "1"

HKR, Ndi\params\NetworkAddress, type, 0, "edit"

From that I would assume you can just change in config of the driver.. Now need for any 3rd party tools or editing the registry.

thanks for msj BudMan, can you create for me? and share me link ok?

Note: I try editing registry but it didn't change on windows 7 but it have change on xp and vista

Edited by Jack Can

Create for you?? Just download the driver from the tplink site.. and then look at the config

http://www.tp-link.com/support/download.as...amp;m=TL-WN422G

Here is an example of where you change the mac in a nic driver config.

Do a properties of your wireless card, click config - then in advanced look for the network address and set it to the mac you want to use. without : or - in it

post-14624-1262119432.jpg

the OP is just ignorant and stupid beyond belief

First he bases his comment of win7 being 'bug laden' based on his crappy PC not working right, when other ppl on this very forum have it working.

Secondly, he talks like an over egotistical 12 year old who thinks hes smart. The problem is hes totally wrong and doesnt get it.

Seriously kid, go cry to mommy because you got banned off a site and cant change your IP.

When we say "Change" we means "Spoof", ok?

Every-other O.S. let you change it.

Let me list some of then:

1 - Me, as a win7 owner, can't access internet at my college because there is someone else (I don't know who) with the exactly same mac (the internet there is open, no needs to register), everytime I try to connect it's take a long time to connect (dhcp fails) and access internet.

2 - Study proposals: not now, but 2 years ago I had a "homework" that's was to simulate a mac clone and study it's problems and what can be done to prevent it (I study computer science, and had a network class).

3 - Some ISP assign the IP with MAC, and if you have two pcs (but not connected at the same time) you have to a) buy a router or b) clone your mac on both pcs (very expensive that last one, uhn?)

4 - Any another? Ah yes, "hackers" loves it. So yes, use WPA2 or some other security way to protect against they.

That's the usefull of changing mac, and micro$oft decided to deny all of those because of "security" - so I think, the only S.O. who can't change it's mac is Win7... very, very security way.

Uh, buy a dam router. If you can afford two pc's, you can afford to spend $50 on a router, stop being cheap and lazy.