Tired of waiting...

i agree, posters like him need to open there eares and close that mouth so the eares are fully open to listen and must think of what they heard instead of hearing what they want to hear and if they can't do that then they should not post.

Really? Please tell me which of the claims in my last post you dispute. Be specific.

i agree, posters like him need to open there eares and close that mouth so the eares are fully open to listen and must think of what they heard instead of hearing what they want to hear and if they can't do that then they should not post.

It is like they are begging to be on everyone's ignore list.

All Win7 installers are the same, with certain versions hidden due to the presence of an ei.cfg file in Sources, which can be removed using Vlite and recompiled into ISO to burn to DVD. Just copy installer files to desktop, remove file and recompile into ISO using vlite, or run Upgrade from Setup file.

Choose your correct version and install. When your Upgrade kit arrives, attempt to insert key. If fail, then you only need to run a Repair install over itself to trick the installer into thinking it is an Upgrade version to correspond to key.

The Win7 DVD is mostly driver complete, with newer drivers/Updates coming in during install if you keep plugged to ethernet, then others via Windows Updates. Any drivers missing in Device manager can be found on your computer model's Support Downloads web page. Or wait for the apps/drivers CD for missing drivers or favorite apps.

Here is a popular legal source for Win7 and Vista installers for those who have a legal license key as you do/will:

<Snipped>

Edited by Anaron

Here is a popular legal source for Win7 and Vista installers for those who have a legal license key as you do/will:

Technically those are private links that someone ripped from the online store. They are internal links for paying customers of the online store, who paid to download and use it. It's not a free for all, and just having a product key does not make it legal. These links are usually deleted by a moderator for that reason.

I also like that you're suggesting that the possibility that you might get a Windows license in the future gives you the right to preemptively obtain the product. That's a new one.

Any "official" links to download Windows 7 are intended for paying customers. It isn't meant to be used by the general public. Anyone who posts such a link will be dealt with accordingly.

Technically those are private links that someone ripped from the online store. They are internal links for paying customers of the online store, who paid to download and use it. It's not a free for all, and just having a product key does not make it legal. These links are usually deleted by a moderator for that reason.

I also like that you're suggesting that the possibility that you might get a Windows license in the future gives you the right to preemptively obtain the product. That's a new one.

Notebook Review is a legit site which claims MS specifically allows the Vista and now Win7 downloads link there.

When manufacturers began enforcing sponsors bloatware by refusing to provide clean copies of the OS, tech enthusiasts had to find an installer to do a clean reinstall. Better a legit site than a torrent.

You deliberately misrepresent my post where I was trying to help a person pre-install who is waiting for their manufacturer's Upgrade Kit to arrive, to say instead that I am "suggesting that the possibility that you might get a Windows license in the future gives you the right to preemptively obtain the product."

We have numerous machines here awaiting Upgrade Kits. We use the Win7 DVD to pre-install the Upgrade, then when the keys arrive insert them one-by-one, successfully in every case.

Neither the manufacturers nor MS argue with this, only the forum anklebiters.

Edited by gregrocker

Notebook Review is a legit site which claims MS specifically allows the Vista and now Win7 downloads link there.

When manufacturers began enforcing sponsors bloatware by refusing to provide clean copies of the OS, tech enthusiasts had to find an installer to do a clean reinstall. Better a legit site than a torrent.

It doesn't matter if you consider the site itself "legit," the links are not. I certainly understand why people would want a clean image, but that doesn't change anything. We all want things.

You deliberately misrepresent my post where I was trying to help a person pre-install who is waiting for their manufacturer's Upgrade Kit to arrive, to say instead that I am "suggesting that the possibility that you might get a Windows license in the future gives you the right to preemptively obtain the product."

Nope. That was exactly what you said. The guy has no Windows 7 license. None. That means that even if you were to argue that having a license allows you to download it (it doesn't), he'd be out of lucky since he doesn't have a license at all. He won't get the license until he receives Windows 7, and then he'll have the media as well. That you can preemptively obtain and install Windows (a claim you just repeated) prior to obtaining the license is nonsense.

You say Microsoft "doesn't argue with this," but I'd bet Santa's left testicle that you've never inquired about the legality of doing this.

That you can preemptively obtain and install Windows (a claim you just repeated) prior to obtaining the license is nonsense.

Nonsense? It was done a half dozen times here since release date, and all those machines have activated Win7 manufacturer's Upgrades now.

Again, the only people who wouldn't see this as an able workaround are anklebiters.

Yap on.

Edited by gregrocker

Nonsense? It was done a half dozen times here since release date, and all those machines have activated Win7 manufacturer's Upgrades now.

Uh, the fact that the activation succeeds doesn't make it legal.

Uh, the fact that the activation succeeds doesn't make it legal.

You must have missed that all of the manufacturer's Upgrade Kit pre-installs done are now fully activated with the legal key locked to that machine.

So what is not legal, doody?

You must have missed that all of the manufacturer's Upgrade Kit pre-installs done are now fully activated with the legal key locked to that machine.

So what is not legal, doody?

Downloading and installing Windows 7 when you do not have a license. If you order the upgrade, you do not have a license until you physically receive the update.

The fact that the activation still succeeds is completely irrelevant. The activation utility obviously can't know that you didn't have a license when you installed it.

You seem to be under the impression that it's legal just because it's possible. This is not the case, and I repeat my request for evidence of your claim (post #56) that Microsoft gives you permission to download and use Windows before you have a license.