Halo Reach Thread

For all of you who some how got the game a day early, I hate you. I hope your 360 explodes after you put the Reach disc in the drive.

blink.gif :|

I'm sure you don't need reminding, but anything you earn today will disappear tomorrow so effectively, enjoy it while it lasts. :p

Bungie said they'll reset EVERYTHING to 0 tomorrow on launch. Well, in MP anyway as far as I read.

I just checked, and not shipped yet from Amazon for me, it just says in the process, and it still lists tomorrow as my arrival date (I have Prime).

So far amazon is only 50% at getting me games on the release date. I do not order from them often, but the 2 games I have, they totally missed release date delivery on the one game by a few days, and the other game came on release day. So will see what happens here, but I am supposed to get it tomorrow. Doesn't really matter what time for me as I have to work all day and actually will be putting in some OT, but I could see not being a happy camper if it did not come until 6 PM and I was home waiting for it.

Ahh, thanks bud. I'm showing 'Shipping Soon' myself. I preordered just 2 days ago. They charged me just a little over a buck for 'release date' delivery. It's still showing an ETA of 14th. We'll see.

I'm sure you don't need reminding, but anything you earn today will disappear tomorrow so effectively, enjoy it while it lasts. :p

Bungie said they'll reset EVERYTHING to 0 tomorrow on launch. Well, in MP anyway as far as I read.

I hope it's only MP stuff - SP stuff is a pain to get back :angry:

Glad a developer finally decides to do that (Y)

I read SP as well providing your playing on a live account.

Dhan: awesome wallpaper!

Ahh, thanks bud. I'm showing 'Shipping Soon' myself. I preordered just 2 days ago. They charged me just a little over a buck for 'release date' delivery. It's still showing an ETA of 14th. We'll see.

I'm in the exact same boat. I hope it doesn't turn out to be the fail boat... :no:

My copy turned up earlier today. Played a couple of games online (got owned) and played up to the end of the second mission of the story mode.

Seems good so far.

With regards to the stats. I've read that Bungie have already reset people's stats, so anyone that gets the game today should be ok.

http://www.gamerzines.com/xbox-360/news/halo-reach-stats-already-reset.html

Times like this is why I like living in a small town that is juuuuust large enough to have a Gamestop that does midnight releases.

ODST midnight release had maybe 100 people at 12 so I'm expecting no trouble getting my pre-order quickly.

What the heck are those gorilla things that you first see at Eposz? with the big bloody axes :/ The axe is an amazing weapon - has a ground area effect :D

Brutes?

I'll be playing it religiously.

Probably not with yanks though, I start uni this week and it's an important year for me. No late nights sadly.

Wonder how long that will last :p

I'm in the exact same boat. I hope it doesn't turn out to be the fail boat... :no:

I just got notice from Amazon. Shipped via FedEx with ETA of tomorrow. So far so good. They have yet to fail an ETA with me.

I went to BB at 10am, there's already three people lined up...

Wow.. We had people line up outside the mall @2 pm. By 4, 16 people were lined up... Tonigts gonna be fun and I live in a city of 70k. That's not big at all

I've never played halo online. I'm mainly a bad company or cod player online. What should I expect?

pretty much the same. lol.. :laugh:

mine shipped amazon prime, overnight out of Harrisburg PA couple hours ago, will get my Legendary Edition tommorow :)

mine shipped amazon prime, overnight out of Harrisburg PA couple hours ago, will get my Legendary Edition tommorow :)

Bethlehem, PA here.

What is messed up is on Amazon's tracking page, it says delivery estimate of the 15th, so right away I got all heated, but when I check the UPS site, they say tomorrow, so will have to see.

I do see Amazon got rid of the $20 credit for preordering COD Black Ops now though. Instead they have some limited edition art cell, or so they claim, so I will still order it since it will cost me $40, but I was hoping for another $20 credit, and I am sure I was not the only one with this plan, that is why they changed it.

Oh, I also forgot to remove it from my Gamefly queue, so I know I have it on the way from them as well. :laugh: