Halo Reach Thread

I'm really enjoying the new maps. Anchor 9 keeps reminding me of a hybrid between Elongation and Rat's Nest, strange chemistry but fun to play. Tempest, while not the most interesting of maps, reminds me of a combo between Relic and Containment which is most likely why I enjoy it greatly for objective game types. Slayer isn't too bad either on the map but honestly CTF is where it shines. Lastly, Breakpoint is still iffy to me. It is a combination of being glad that I no longer have to choose Spire by default in Invasion but it also just doesn't really impress me as a level. It has cool, intricate pieces with a nice outdoors section but the map seems to be a little unfocused. Either way, overall I enjoy the new maps and they are definitely making me play a bit more than before.

I'm really enjoying the new maps. Anchor 9 keeps reminding me of a hybrid between Elongation and Rat's Nest, strange chemistry but fun to play. Tempest, while not the most interesting of maps, reminds me of a combo between Relic and Containment which is most likely why I enjoy it greatly for objective game types. Slayer isn't too bad either on the map but honestly CTF is where it shines. Lastly, Breakpoint is still iffy to me. It is a combination of being glad that I no longer have to choose Spire by default in Invasion but it also just doesn't really impress me as a level. It has cool, intricate pieces with a nice outdoors section but the map seems to be a little unfocused. Either way, overall I enjoy the new maps and they are definitely making me play a bit more than before.

I agree with everything you said, but I don't care at all for Breakpoint. It's a nice map just for snipers, but every other type I've played it on (still haven't got it for invasion -- grr...) was boring. I can't imagine enjoying it more than Boneyard (my favorite) or Spire (second) on invasion.

• 2 weeks later...

Straight from Bungie:

bungiestats.jpg

Pretty cool stats there. I didn't even realize there was a medal for getting ten kills quickly. I've never seen somebody get one, and I certainly haven't received one myself. Come to think of it, I've never witnessed anything beyond Killtrocity. That said, I have definitely contributed a decent number to the DMR total ;).

I have got 10+ kills quite a few times. You do it in firefight on corvette at hardest level and set yourself to invincibility mode. Take out the rocket launcher and fire away at the swarms of ai. This is an achievement.

I have got 10+ kills quite a few times. You do it in firefight on corvette at hardest level and set yourself to invincibility mode. Take out the rocket launcher and fire away at the swarms of ai. This is an achievement.

Perhaps in your head :p

Ahh, I see. I've never played Firefight. I didn't know that the multi-kill medals were also accessible in there. That said, it would be pretty damn impressive if somebody managed to pull off the Killionaire medal in a competitive game ;).

I saw someone with the rank of "Hero" yesterday, and my goodness was he horrible. We played Invasion, and he did nothing until the Banshee spawned and then spawn camped the entire game. I also saw someone who had a 2.99 K/D ratio, and he camped the sniper on every map we played and sucked in actual combat. It wasn't like he would wait every once and a while for it to spawn -- he'd sit on top of the spawn site all game, every game, and then he too would just snipe the spawn spots. It's one thing to camp a spot that's vital to the game's mode, it's another thing entirely to just spawn camp.

Luckily, these guys seem to be the exception in Invasion, not the rule.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry if anybody has mentioned this before but I've only just gotmy hands on the game.

First, it's a great game, just getting through the single player at the mo, I'm on the last mission and my god is it fustrating. I thought that Emile was there to assist you. Everytime I've attempted the final mission he has just stood there doing nothing, it's near on impossible for me to take on three Hunters all by myself :( I've tried to restart the mission so many times and I can't even get to that part anymore. He just disappears off the map and it's really, really fustrating :( I've actually given up playing at the moment, it's that bad.

Sorry to rant, but I needed to vent :p Also has anybody else had this problem, just off to google now

I honestly don't remember that mission, but I recommend Youtube-ing it to find a video. Are you talking about the part where there's a Wraith and some Hunters? If so, you can get by them pretty easy by staying far back and sniping (with your DMR -- there should be plenty of ammo for it around). That's how I got past that part on Legendary.

I saw someone with the rank of "Hero" yesterday, and my goodness was he horrible. We played Invasion, and he did nothing until the Banshee spawned and then spawn camped the entire game. I also saw someone who had a 2.99 K/D ratio, and he camped the sniper on every map we played and sucked in actual combat. It wasn't like he would wait every once and a while for it to spawn -- he'd sit on top of the spawn site all game, every game, and then he too would just snipe the spawn spots. It's one thing to camp a spot that's vital to the game's mode, it's another thing entirely to just spawn camp.

Luckily, these guys seem to be the exception in Invasion, not the rule.

I usually see those kind of people AFK during a match of Firefight :no:

I've been hammering the multiplayer as of late. Anybody still playing?

Not lately, but I'll be back to it at some point, haha

I usually see those kind of people AFK during a match of Firefight :no:

I doubt this guy does that. He just spawn camps the entire freaking game like no other. It's annoying as hell.