Halo Reach Thread

Dont worry i feel your pain. On neowin mostly on my phone now because im barely home and im just too fast for autocorrect.

so I believe your an hour behind me, evne then im game if you are.

Larry you too. Munky how about you? Sethos!? You even getting this game?

I'll be playing it religiously.

Probably not with yanks though, I start uni this week and it's an important year for me. No late nights sadly.

The way I'm reading there guaranteed to have a minimum of 20 of each at each store. So it could be they do have extra editions or they only have 20 of each in the first wave of games to give out.

But shouldn't they fulfill the pre-ordered ones? I mean that's kind of their guarantee of pre-ordering. I'm pretty sure there is more than 20 preorders for a game with this magnitude. I'm just trying to think through this reasonably... as I said, I'm not getting the Legendary.. so I just want the limited. But Probably if there is still a copy of Legendary I'll probably pick it up.

Any other thoughts on this guys?

But shouldn't they fulfill the pre-ordered ones? I mean that's kind of their guarantee of pre-ordering. I'm pretty sure there is more than 20 preorders for a game with this magnitude. I'm just trying to think through this reasonably... as I said, I'm not getting the Legendary.. so I just want the limited. But Probably if there is still a copy of Legendary I'll probably pick it up.

I was lucky enough to get the game in advance through a retailer's warehouse. (never played the Beta).

The polishing they did on the game amazes me. From the menu to the in-game overlay text... it's all made with perfection in mind. I haven't tried Multiplayer yet but I am more than impressed with the campaign. I already went through 5 chapters in co-op and then I realised that there was an acheivement (150) for finishing everything alone... started from scratch and I don't mind going through everything again, at all !

You won't be dissapointed guys !

I was lucky enough to get the game in advance through a retailer's warehouse. (never played the Beta).

The polishing they did on the game amazes me. From the menu to the in-game overlay text... it's all made with perfection in mind. I haven't tried Multiplayer yet but I am more than impressed with the campaign. I already went through 5 chapters in co-op and then I realised that there was an acheivement (150) for finishing everything alone... started from scratch and I don't mind going through everything again, at all !

You won't be dissapointed guys !

Glad you are enjoying it before us all (Y)... but I'm not sure why you quoted me.. you didn't really answer me or anything :unsure:

does the game come with a gold trial?

dont have enough money to get the game AND a gold sub.

Yes it does, 2 days Gold trial included. Along with a in-game recon helmet redeemable code. (regular edition of the game).

does the game come with a gold trial?

dont have enough money to get the game AND a gold sub.

XBL Gold is free for all silver members between 17-24 Sept, I think. Check the dates, you won't need gold sub to play online in that period.

anyone else??

Called my bestbuy to verify and they said those 20 are for extras / not pre orders. Also said pre orders are always fulfilled and they would never advertise something like this if it wasn't extras.

So "technically" its confirmed to me by my bestbuy. I say for reassurance just call your local bestbuyand find out.

I have my system + legendary reserved at work and I'm going to midnight release so I'm not worried.

Called my bestbuy to verify and they said those 20 are for extras / not pre orders. Also said pre orders are always fulfilled and they would never advertise something like this if it wasn't extras.

So "technically" its confirmed to me by my bestbuy. I say for reassurance just call your local bestbuyand find out.

I have my system + legendary reserved at work and I'm going to midnight release so I'm not worried.

Thanks Buddy. :).

Larry you too. Munky how about you? Sethos!? You even getting this game?

Despite not being fond of Halo or the actual gameplay, looks like I might be getting it after all.

Getting it fairly cheap and even co-op is always worth the money, even in crappy games.

Despite not being fond of Halo or the actual gameplay, looks like I might be getting it after all.

Getting it fairly cheap and even co-op is always worth the money, even in crappy games.

Yeah I know what you mean, like in resistance, didn't really like it, co-op was a laugh though :D

Guys I am going to be at the midnight launch for this game at the GAME Store in Oxford St. London this is a very big store for those of you who don't know. This being the first midnight launch I have attended I wanted to ask what is a reasonable time to get there to ensure that I at the very least get a position towards the front of the queue and guarantees me a copy of the game? My initial plan was to get there for 10pm but a friend of mine made me a little uneasy about that saying people would be there much earlier so I am now thinking 8pm? What do you guys think is the best time to get there?

im gunna lineup midnight tomorrow for this at my local bestbuy

i dont have gold though :( do you think that reach will come with a 48 hour gold trial or month free? i dont want to make a new account -but i know thats one way of getting gold free for a month

im gunna lineup midnight tomorrow for this at my local bestbuy

i dont have gold though :( do you think that reach will come with a 48 hour gold trial or month free? i dont want to make a new account -but i know thats one way of getting gold free for a month

Yes it does, 2 days Gold trial included. Along with a in-game recon helmet redeemable code. (regular edition of the game).

The question was just posted a page ago :laugh:

Getting it from ebgames.com those sob's always mail on time never early, So I think I'm getting on 14th around noon :cry:. I hate waiting in line for hours on end and when I return home so tired that I barely play anything and just go to sleep.

I've finished it already, I thought it would be longer :/

Got it 3 days before launch in Aust for AU$99. lol. Got it at a Toys R Us... my friend went to get it the next day but they took it off the shelf. I guess I was lucky :D

I guess they realised that it wasn't meant to be on the shelf since it still had the "STOP! DO NOT SELL BEFORE THE 14th SEPT..." Sticker on it... But they still handed it over to me. Greatness.