Halo Reach Thread

Fair enough guys, you can deal with the moaning if it comes your way because people don't have the time to sift through pages of a topic.

Look at it this way, you don't see news sites have one headline for a game and only ever add to that headline/article, people feel the same on the forums, if something big is announced it's better off in it's own topic for easy discussion.

I'm not pulling any of this out of my ass, it's coming from experience from the amount of official topics me and Munky used to make.

You know, you can edit the OP to add more information, screenshots, videos, etc. :|

Only if you're a subscriber, which yes Boz is, but not everyone is who makes official topics. Normal members abilities to edit topics "time out" eventually.

I have to say I agree with AB here and I know Larry was in favour of it too back when he was the GH mod. Although at times I wish we had official topics earlier than the run up to launch, it was decided by the majority they wouldn't be created before then and that's what I know I've stuck to.

Unless Boz is up to managing the OP and adding the information into the first post, making it easy to find things as they are announced, this topic should be renamed imo and left until closer to release when all the info can be collected into one post.

This isnt meant to insult anyone at all but......

**** this........When will we see Halo 3 for PC?

Never? Reach is the last game Bungie are working on in the Halo series (so they say). So unless MS pan off the port to another dev or it's handled in-house, you may as well buy a 360 and play the game already.

Never? Reach is the last game Bungie are working on in the Halo series (so they say). So unless MS pan off the port to another dev or it's handled in-house, you may as well buy a 360 and play the game already.

It may be the last game but that doesnt mean a port cannot come.

It does if they are too busy on another project. Halo 3's money has been made, if you were in charge of one of the largest developers would you direct your funding to a game which came out 2 years ago and those who really wanted it have now played it? Or put it towards the future of your company and maximising the sales on a new product...

Yup, exactly ;)

But never say never, someone else can always handle a port. Just don't expect any polish & enjoy the long wait.

You can play them with a keyboard and mouse on the 360, just don't expect to be at an advantage online. It pretty much maps the controls from the analogs and it's restricted in the same way via the settings.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9fzM6FlZRM.swf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9fzM6FlZRM

You were never promised any more Halo games on the pc, so I don't understand the resentment.

Considering they ported 1 and 2 to the PC, it's pretty logical to expect 3.

That's just me. And then you think about how sloppily made H2 Vista was, and you wince at the thought of H3 being a PC port.

H2 was sloppy but i enjoyed it as entertainment, i am not much of a critic. Moreover i dissagreee with the typical answer of "lets make profit" and **** everyone else.

While i was never promised a halo3 for pc, i would argue that halo was first made for pc/mac and ms got the better of it and released it as xbox launch game. None the less, some must agree that consoles are just a gimmick as they do not have real gaming value. Pc's are scalable (excluding constant updates which again i can argue it lasts as long as a console). Strategy games can and will never work on consoles, as with FPS since you have auto aim and what not is just meh .

Again, Reach will be an awesome game with stellar graphics but the fact that PC users are singled out makes no sense at all (except for grittiness)

And the topic is beginning to nose dive, so I'm not gonna continue that discussion :p

If you want to play Halo 3 you know what to do :p As for Halo 2 being a sloppy port, that was because it wasn't handled by the "core" Halo team. They were busy on Halo 3. You can expect the same if H3 is ever ported, or worse if someone else ports it.

You can play them with a keyboard and mouse on the 360, just don't expect to be at an advantage online. It pretty much maps the controls from the analogs and it's restricted in the same way via the settings.

Off topic but I think it's relevant for those who want it as a PC game. Halo Reach will undoubtably have excellent multiplayer so at least those who can afford it and want to game PC style could use this as a good guideline.

That Mouse/Keyboard adapter for Xbox 360 is crap. The one that actually works amazingly well is Xim360. It uses a wired controller (you have to get a specific model 002-006), they add a chip that makes it a USB hub and they map any combo of keys/mouse buttons to the Xbox 360 controller buttons. Using Xim360 is exactly like using a mouse/keyboard on PC version. But it's not cheap. It's $160 for controller, installation of the chip and software. If you send your controller, they will install it for you and that costs $150. But from what I've seen it looks absolutely sick. It's exactly the same as playing on PC.

Xim360 in action (Xbox 360 and PS3 versions are available as far as I know)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4I2_7dUAU.swf

Edited by Boz

consoles are just a gimmick as they do not have real gaming value.

Now that the official trailer is out and a beta is coming, I think it's fine to open a topic with all the official info in one location instead of 10 different reach topics filling the board.

Anyways, that aside, if the trailer is anything to go by, gfx wise, then the new engine should be very nice.

I was really shocked on how much I really enjoyed the SP in ODST. I am looking forward to what they do with Reach. The Spartans are a crack unit and seeing them wiped out is going to be a great experience for the player.

Off Topic.

Does it mater when a topic is made? Some people on this board have far too much time on there hands :p

I was really shocked on how much I really enjoyed the SP in ODST. I am looking forward to what they do with Reach. The Spartans are a crack unit and seeing them wiped out is going to be a great experience for the player.

Off Topic.

Does it mater when a topic is made? Some people on this board have far too much time on there hands :p

That too much time usually involves me and Munky creating awesome looking official topics, not skimpy looking things ;)

Plus I was just feeding back what me and Munky got our hands bitten off for in the past. Official topics almost got scrapped completely due to all the complaining people didn't have time to read through to find information in our topics because we created them months early when information on the games was still largely unknown. What you'll find now is people will create individual topics for news pieces on Reach then people who visit this topic will moan they're dupes, to which the topic creator will moan they don't have time to read through 60+ pages, and Boz can't be around 24/7 to update post 1 as quickly as others will find news on other sites and create topics. Then what you end up with is a handful of "official mini topics", this one and the others posted individually - As I can tell you the mods will not be merging individual topics as dupes, it's them that largely agreed as well official topics this early aren't that helpful for finding info.

So you gotta admit making a topic almost a year in advance is a little early, it will probably almost, or even reach 100 pages by the time the game is out for discussion on the game itself. We kind of almost came to an agreement an official topic is really for discussing playing the game, not so much for posting large pre-release news articles.

Edited by Audioboxer

Can we cut this crap already? The thread is already 3 pages long with completely irrelevant bickering by you and then some OMG WHEN WILL THEY PORT H3 guys. :s

Can we cut this crap already? The thread is already 3 pages long with completely irrelevant bickering by you and then some OMG WHEN WILL THEY PORT H3 guys. :s

Which is one of the reasons we don't have these topics, because it's just 10's of pages of crap :p

The prophecy is coming true >.>

I like at least some structure around the GH to adhere to, have a dummy to suck on if you don't!

Which is one of the reasons we don't have these topics, because it's just 10's of pages of crap :p

The prophecy is coming true >.>

true!

So, when will they port Halo 3?

Please post in the [Official]When will they port Halo3? thread that will be started a month before it is ported. :p

I like at least some structure around the GH to adhere to, have a dummy to suck on if you don't!

You made your point in the first post. Do you really need to repeat it for every post that disagrees with you? Yeah, structure is good - I am with you on that*. But what's the point of derailing the topic like this? If you don't like a thread, don't post in it. Report the thread if you think it is inappropriate.

*I agree with your/Munky/Larry's thinking but then Boz's point is somewhat valid. May be we should start doing [Official]We still don't know **** about <insert name here> for all games. :D