Halo Reach Thread

You quoted after I changed the typo (not to note).

You've been around the Neowin scene long enough to understand when one needs to make it nice and clear to other's that it is his opinion alone and if you haven't where's the rock? I wanna join you. :laugh:

You said "IMO (not PERSONAL OPINION here people)"... did you mean "note:" instead of "not"?

You said "IMO (not PERSONAL OPINION here people)"... did you mean "note:" instead of "not"?

He meant "note", it was a typo.

Space would be a problem. The game already uses the entire DVD space without CGI cutscenes. They would probably need at least double the DVD space to fit Halo Reach in 1080p. Not gonna happen.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Textures get compressed either way, so be it 720p'esc textures or higher I don't think space is an issue. It's more about performance and framerates. If the game can't run smooth at 1920x1080 then you'll just have to stick to 1280x720 to get those golden 60 frames per second that everyone wants.

[/size]

:laugh: Should've known Sethos would get his panties in a knot. The difference: you were pointing out an obvious typo. I was wondering why he would contradict himself, not knowing it was a typo.

:laugh: Should've known Sethos would get his panties in a knot. The difference: you were pointing out an obvious typo. I was wondering why he would contradict himself, not knowing it was a typo.

Excuses, excuses :rofl:

I need an Xbox 360, now. :(

The price is right, but if you want it mostly just for this then best to wait for the LE that will come with the 250GB and so on. Or maybe by then the 250GB will be sold on it's own so it wouldn't matter. Who knows. They could then have something even bigger for the LEs.

I actually overwhelmed by all the changes that I have seen in that ViDoc alone :|

I have always loved Halo and I cannot wait to beta test it again :D

My only fear about the beta is that I will again like the Beta better than release.

i doubt the multiplayer component will look as nice as the campaign stuff being show

I don't see why not? The single player levels are pretty big from what we've seen, and MP will be like that or a bit smaller depending on how many players they can get on there. The point is, there's not, from the looks of it, a huge difference in the scale of the levels that MP has to be scaled back to keep performance.

My only fear about the beta is that I will again like the Beta better than release.

And that was the case for Halo 3? Why? I did not notice a difference tbh.

I don't see why not? The single player levels are pretty big from what we've seen, and MP will be like that or a bit smaller depending on how many players they can get on there. The point is, there's not, from the looks of it, a huge difference in the scale of the levels that MP has to be scaled back to keep performance.

Yeah Halo 3's campaign and multi were pretty much the same as far as I recall.

The price is right, but if you want it mostly just for this then best to wait for the LE that will come with the 250GB and so on. Or maybe by then the 250GB will be sold on it's own so it wouldn't matter. Who knows. They could then have something even bigger for the LEs.

I'll wait until Halo: Reach is released. Maybe they'll have a bundle of some kind. :)

And that was the case for Halo 3? Why? I did not notice a difference tbh.

- tripmine

- weapon balance (carbine was more effective)

- map layouts (weapons/vehicles)

- vehicle mechanics

All these were better in the Beta.

The more I see of Halo: Reach, the more I'm reminded of Halo: Combat Evolved. I enjoyed Halo: CE and Halo 3, but I loved the former more-so than the latter. And if this game is anything like it, then I'm going to like it a lot.

The more I see of Halo: Reach, the more I'm reminded of Halo: Combat Evolved. I enjoyed Halo: CE and Halo 3, but I loved the former more-so than the latter. And if this game is anything like it, then I'm going to like it a lot.

Well I know for sure that one thing won't be the same between CE and Reach. No long, neverending library of d00m levels! :laugh:

Well I know for sure that one thing won't be the same between CE and Reach. No long, neverending library of d00m levels! :laugh:

The ViDoc shows a level that sounds like Truth and Reconciliation (snipers, spartans, night time, cliff side walk) :laugh: you never know.:p

I'll wait until Halo: Reach is released. Maybe they'll have a bundle of some kind. :)

I think i can safely say that they will have a bundle. most likely multiple types. I can also safely say that i will be buying the most expensive one. :D