Halo Reach Thread

He isn't saying "the game sucks in my opinion". He is makiing an objective judgment that the game sucks from his opinions. The game has no clear problems, therefore it isn't a bad game but a game he doesn't like.

I'm sorry, what? How can my posts, representing my opinion be anything besides that? Where did I claim to be speaking on behalf of someone?

Oh, so we're back to the rave a few years back when we had to tag everything with "imo" or else we would be speaking on the behalf of entire nations? C'mon.

AND to something more relevant, anyone having problems with Bungie's Reach page? Uploaded a few screenshots earlier and a video, only one screenshot up that gives me an error and no video to render.

Got the game today finally! Woot!

Popped that bad boy in, did the install, unlocked the armor, designed my guy and hopped into the campaign. I can't wait to do my review for this game. So far, the game is just ****ing amazing. The single player (so far) is THE best SP of all the Halo's to date. Finally we get some decent cut scenes, some actual acting, open environments, silky smooth game play.

The multiplayer is probably the best multiplayer on console to date as well. I can't believe the same company responsible for ODST turned around and made this diamond. Features are endless, no lag, excellent detection, NAILED the maps, FORGE....the best.

Time to get back to the goods!

He isn't saying "the game sucks in my opinion". He is makiing an objective judgment that the game sucks from his opinions. The game has no clear problems, therefore it isn't a bad game but a game he doesn't like.

Yes he is. That's what we all say. Something is bad or good based on judgement we give it. You see it has no clear problems. Sethos sees otherwise. I see otherwise. I'm sure other see others will see like you and other will see worse or better than both of us.

And I'm not sure what you mean with your analogy. Some people can eat the same bread their entire lives and never get tired of it. To others it can get pretty bland quickly. To me, Halo is a bread I can eat forever regardless of it changing or not. That may just not be the case for Sethos. I'm also not lecturing you, I'm giving you the options available. My background is pretty FPS heavy to (Goldeneye, Battlelfied 1942/2/Bad Company), Counterstrike CS1.6 and Source, Half Life 1/2, Quake III and IV, UT2k4, FEAR 1/2 and all the Halo games and I like all of them for the specific reasons. I think I have yet to run into a shooter I really absolutely think was a BAD game. Yet still I disagree with your observations and find them an exaggeration.

I find it an exaggeration that you have played so many FPS and didn't find one that was bad. You see what I did there? I used my opinion to counter your opinion. That makes me right in my eyes and wrong in yours. Case closed.

And just in case it isn't obvious, this post is IMO.

Finished the game this morning.. lol I liked it.. but it did seem shorter than Halo 3.

For those too lazy to click :D

:laugh: "Boom"Dizzle. :laugh:

I'm sorry, what? How can my posts, representing my opinion be anything besides that? Where did I claim to be speaking on behalf of someone?

Oh, so we're back to the rave a few years back when we had to tag everything with "imo" or else we would be speaking on the behalf of entire nations? C'mon.

AND to something more relevant, anyone having problems with Bungie's Reach page? Uploaded a few screenshots earlier and a video, only one screenshot up that gives me an error and no video to render.

IMO, it's still best to use IMO because people get ****y over the smallest things (IMO) even when it's just a difference of opinion. :p

Just finished it on Normal. Not too difficult. Probably took me 7 or so hours. I loved all of the throwbacks to the original Halo game. Now for a break (been playing 4 straight hours) and then to MP.

has anyone figured out how to unlock more helmets? I know there are more than 13. According to This site there are 20 helmets..

Captain, Major and LT Colonel. Those are the pre-req for ones I haven't purchased. Most helmets require you to purchase whatever was before it before you can get it.

Anyone else have trouble unlocking "They've Always Been Faster"? I did what it said and the achievement didn't unlock.

Did you try it on "Easy"? I tried "Keep it clean" on easy and it did not unlock, I had to do it on Normal.

The achievements require at least Normal difficulty. When you choose the Easy difficulty it says that achievements won't be unlocked.

Dunno if its been mentioned, but...

Microsoft Game Studios VP Phil Spencer just announced at the company's TGS press conference that Halo: Reach made $200 million on its first day at retail. We know that's not much of a stretch for you all to imagine, but it seemed like an important facticle to grasp. If most of those copies were sold at the $60 MSRP, that's about 3.3 million units.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/09/15/halo-reach-grabs-200-million-day-one/

Well, Boz, I guess we're just going to have to disagree, because I didn't think any of the previous Halo games even had a good storyline.

What, and this one did? The original Halo was great. The whole thing was wrapped up, it was compelling yet simple, full of twists...Halo was an enigma the player was there to solve. The game was interesting. Okay, so Halo 2 wasn't as good but it was still good, and everything got a bit messy with Halo 3, but the stories in the past three were much better than Reach. Reach

had boring characters, no twists in a story everyone knew, and not enough happened

After thinking about the story for a day, has anyone made sense of the term

"latchkey"

?

I only know it from the term

"latchkey child"

which means a child who is given a key to his home so he can gain access to it because both his parents are likely to be at work when he finishes his school day.

I'm guessing they used it because the

"Forerunners"

were the "parents" and the humans were the "child" needing access after they were gone?

Saying "it sucks" to me isn't very opinionated. It sounds like a definite decision and judgement, which isn't objective in the slightest. I don't mind people saying they don't like the game but that isn't how you were saying it at all. I can't immediately assume it is nothing but an opinionated statement when you are saying it in such a definite matter. I'm not asking for an "in my opinion" every three seconds. Just a less hostile statement of that opinion. Or at least the addition of some certain phrases that may make it more apparent that you aren't making a definite judgement such as "to me" or "for me" or even "from what I've played". I can only go from what is typed.

Saying "it sucks" to me isn't very opinionated. It sounds like a definite decision and judgement, which isn't objective in the slightest. I don't mind people saying they don't like the game but that isn't how you were saying it at all. I can't immediately assume it is nothing but an opinionated statement when you are saying it in such a definite matter. I'm not asking for an "in my opinion" every three seconds. Just a less hostile statement of that opinion. Or at least the addition of some certain phrases that may make it more apparent that you aren't making a definite judgement such as "to me" or "for me" or even "from what I've played". I can only go from what is typed.

So I was being too definitive? What.The.F

So I was being too definitive? What.The.F

You were making an opinionated statement in an objective manner. There is bound to be problems. :p

Does anyone's opinion really matter? The game has sold amazingly well, there's loads of people playing online and professional and amateur reviewers alike are all gushing over it. You can't please all of the people all of the time.

I'm not really all that into the Halo series - I've only played Halo CE, ODST and Reach and have never read any of the books but I'm more than happy with the purchase :thumbup:

Oh and to those thinking the Halo series ended right here? Are you kidding? Maybe if Reach bombed in the ratings it would but I'm more than certain MS will resurrect the series at some point. Maybe an MMPORG or maybe they will invent a new enemy for humanity to face - maybe the Forerunners will return. It'll happen.