Games you regret buying

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. I read review after review, talked to friends and was actually impressed. Got it installed, hated the controls and the whole storyline never got to me. Uninstalled and never looked back. :p

Worms XBLA.

It was so gimped, especially when they brought out a proper Worms Armageddon game not long after ?_? Testing the water with poor quality *****.

Not long after? :huh: Worms 2 Armageddon was released more than 2 years later after Worms 1 on XBLA.

Testing the water :laugh: Made me laugh.

i bought tekken 6 and i have yet to open it but my top vote would be nba2k10 for the PC. multiplayer has basically never worked for the pc and the developer seems to have no interest in fixing this issue.

Modern Warfare 2. It was fine when I first bought it because I put up with it's flaws just to enjoy the game.

Now there are far too many hackers, it constantly drops me into nearly completed games on the maps I hate, and there are no dedicated servers and no choice as to what map I want to play.

Solution? I stopped playing the game altogether. Now I just enjoy Bad Company 2 (which sometimes gets on my nerves when I manage to kill, and get killed by the same person). But overall, I enjoy the game far more than Modern Warfare 2, it's much more tactical and the graphics are far superior when maxed out.

Borderlands and... Fallout 3

Borderlands for PC, first the port forwarding fiasco, short DLCS that cost too much, game browser still doesn't show LAG/Ping to server, just not fun after the first time...

Fallout 3... don't get me wrong I love this game as what it is but it also isn't, it really isn't Fallout, it feels more like Oblivion mod.

Bethesda got the voice acting all wrong, poor soundtrack, wrong choice of colours and far too many holes in story.

The graphical engine doesn't help either when you first put your power armor and it look like a costume made from gray rubber.

They got the ending all wrong the first time and tried to patch it up with a DLC, that just shows you of how bad their direction was.

When you compare Fallout 3 to proper RPGs like the ones made by Bioware, you realize how poor of a story and content Fallout 3 really had, on it own it isn't a bad game but when you think of what it should have been, it just nothing special.

FIFA 10 (PC)

GTA IV (PC)

Lazy ports of great console games.. why are PC gamers ignored like this?? realmad.gif

One thing you never ever do is buy a FIFA game for PC, EVER

Guitar Hero 5 and Halo 3 ODST. I managed to return Halo 3 ODST to GameStop because it was used but am still stuck with GH5

GTA IV. Runs on "Medium" only on NASA's workstations.

No need for a super rig if you are going to stare at stars all day. :laugh: [/joke]

Too many to list I think.

But one example would be.

supreme commander and Alone in the Dark I think.

actually I dont regret buying them, I regret receiving them as a gift lol.

modern warfare 2

halo 3

obviously i dont like games The Sheep like

So, if a game is popular because people enjoy playing it, they are part of The Sheep?

none. i always read bunch reviews and opinions from many people before buying. i dont buy a lot of games anyway. only the really popular ones.

So, if a game is popular because people enjoy playing it, they are part of The Sheep?

I think Guyro may be a bit of a different kind of lamb.

Battlefield Heroes

After spending over $100 dollars in arms and other stuff, the game now is just too boring. The same maps all the freaking time.

Grid

what was wrong with Grid??

Need for Speed Shift .

another good game, what was wrong with this one??

Dirt 2, very repetitive game. Not very many tracks to race on...no snow or rain.

yet another good game, at least this post had a reason why they didn't like it. However, even with out snow this a great game.

grid. i bought it on a steam deal a few weeks back and even though it only cost me £3.74, i still feel like i was robbed. :(

what is wrong with this game, I wish people would say why, they don't like these games " I was robbed", what for £3.74!! your having a laugh.

what is wrong with this game, I wish people would say why, they don't like these games " I was robbed", what for ?3.74!! your having a laugh.

GRID wasn't a bad game, it was just really boring. Some people just don't like driving games - I used to love them, but for some reason I think they're really dull nowadays. Somethings missing from them... Burnout Paradise had it. Coolness, I think that's what it is. :p

Luckily I really cannot add much to this thread. Ever since it has been introduced, I have used GameFly, so I pretty much always rent now with the option to buy. Has been that way for a good 3 years now.

So I really cannot think of any game recently I regret buying.