Cleaning Up The Community

Believe me, it's him - I got a heap of evidence against him, some presented to the staff and a bunch that hasn't.

Present the rest?

In the mean time there is always that big ole' ignore button.

Believe me, it's him - I got a heap of evidence against him, some presented to the staff and a bunch that hasn't.

Why do you care so much?

Also, what did Comic Book Guy do to get banned?

Present the rest?

In the mean time there is always that big ole' ignore button.

The ignore button still makes his threads show up in LFA as far as I know, plus it will still annoy me he is allowed to keep posting.

And I won't bother presenting any more, they know it's him, just seems like there's something shady going on.

Then use the REPORT button , if it is that important to you. PM the Admin do something.

Complaining about it in this thread it will not do anything. :whistle:

It'll get the attention of the staff, then they can either address the issue, contact me, ban me or ignore it.

That opens up more options than just sitting idle by.

Edited by Sethos

It'll get the attention of the staff, then they can either address the issue, contact me, ban me or ignore it.

That opens up more options than just sitting idle by.

It will get more attention by the staff by following the proper procedures. :) But do what you want.

If we have SOLID proof that someone is a dupe, we will ban them right away, until then, no matter how suspicious they may seem, we allow them to continue posting, and they will slip up eventually. Unless a member is doing harm to the community (in which case, they will receive warnings as usual), then it's better to be safe than rush to ban and get it wrong.

If we have SOLID proof that someone is a dupe, we will ban them right away, until then, no matter how suspicious they may seem, we allow them to continue posting, and they will slip up eventually. Unless a member is doing harm to the community (in which case, they will receive warnings as usual), then it's better to be safe than rush to ban and get it wrong.

DaveLegg, I am a dupe of Neobond.

Sorry for the hassle, time for you to crack the whip now.

I agree with what you're saying though, some people do just genuinely post alike...

You do have solid proof or as good as in this case.

I have been part of 'hunting down' several duplicate accounts from the same person in the Gamer's Hangout a long time ago now - The evidence we found wasn't all that conclusive but enough to let the staff piece together the puzzle and give the member in question a ban. This time around, the amount of evidence pointing to this guy being exactly the same person when it comes to writing style, where he lives ( town ) and even both the accounts registering on another forum, while one was banned ( That was also banned here ) The other one popped up in the exact same month - So he even made a duplicate account on another forum which he posted about on Neowin.

This is about 1000 times the evidence we've had against other duplicate account members who got the ban, yet this guy gets the free-pass card?

So yes, I do agree with the fact you need some evidence and all that but in comparison to previous bans and the amount of evidence towards the guy it puzzles me to no end how he is allowed to stay - I know most of the staff members have an IQ high enough to see logic in the evidence I know has been presented.

But I know this is all a bit hush-hush and me venting it in public won't get my anywhere either so ... I'm dropping it.

Thread cleaned and reopened.

Please keep on topic.

Discussion and intrigue about other members is not really appropriate for this thread.

This.

We are happy to consider any evidence presented to us of any members having dupes.

If you present some evidence and nothing happens, it does not seem logical to withold further evidence.. but anyway discussion of all that stops here please as it is not the purpose of this thread.

Paypal has nothing to do with this. A members Profile would show the number of thanks he/she received and the number of thanks that this member gave other members. This is not a pay for help forum.

Seems the /s is obligatory? :whistle:

Hey,

I just got one question, for ex I got 40% and got days of restriction what will happen after that? Am I gonna stick with the 40% forever or it's gonna be removed/decreased after a while.

I know that it decreased after 6 months of good behavior before this post, is it still like that?

Yes.

Thanks for your replay! :)

Just a general question to the staff, are there any other talks going on and should we expect any other announcements about this topic from you guys and gals soon or in the near future?

I'm just curious after how long the topic has gone on for and some of the ideas passed around.

Generally we announce things as soon as the majority of us have come to a decision on them, so if you are waiting for an announcment on something specific, its quite likely that its still being discussed :p

We dont usually give out ETA's on decisions etc because that just leads to things being rushed or members being dissapointed.

So just keep an eye out ;)

Just a general question to the staff, are there any other talks going on and should we expect any other announcements about this topic from you guys and gals soon or in the near future?

I'm just curious after how long the topic has gone on for and some of the ideas passed around.

Yes

^Er, no. :whistle:

Thanks for replies guys, sorry I might have worded that wrong (I know I said near future, but that was just a casual 'drop in'), I wasn't fishing for an ETA, just wondering if the staff were actively discussing things further from what's been brought forward in this topic, that's all.

And I have my answer :)