New Gran Turismo 5 scans show night racing and boxart

100_7229.jpg

The February 2010 had an exclusive 10 pages article about Gran Turismo 5 and a GT Planet user posted the scans on their forums. Here's what we learned:

- Deformation for every car in the game although race cars will see even more damage

- First screens of GT5's night racing

- 1,000+ vehicles, all with modeled interiors

- Up to 16 players online

- Indy cars and tracks will be included

- Head tracking is reconfirmed and it's for use during racing

- Multi display is back (using 3 PS3's for a wider view)

- HD uploads to YouTube

- Weather

- Night racing for all tracks

- All cars will have cockpit view (the 170 premium are the ones on which the interior will also damage - the rest only external damage)

- Night & Day cycle and weather effects on all tracks

- Damage (visual and mechanical)

News Source: GTPlanet.net via n4g

100_7230.jpg

More images at the source!

Sounds and looks awesome! :D

Assuming they still have the endurance ones and day/night + weather effects means it'll change during the race then, awesome (Y)

Or at least you hope so.

It'd be really amazing if they used the Dynamic time on your PS3 like the Dynamic themes:

With my addiction to Little Big Planet, I bought this in a heart beat.

Some more scans, can't get better yet, but I iz Audioboxer, I shall bring ye the big scans sometime (**** I should be away buying the mag myself the GT nut I am :rofl: )

100_7231.jpg

100_7232.jpg

100_7233.jpg

100_7234.jpg

- Deformation for every car in the game although race cars will see even more damage

- First screens of GT5's night racing

- 1,000+ vehicles, all with modeled interiors

- Up to 16 players online

- Indy cars and tracks will be included

- Head tracking is reconfirmed and it's for use during racing

- Multi display is back (using 3 PS3's for a wider view)

- HD uploads to YouTube

- Weather

- Night racing for all tracks

- All cars will have cockpit view (the 170 premium are the ones on which the interior will also damage - the rest only external damage)

- Night & Day cycle and weather effects on all tracks

- Damage (visual and mechanical)

That list is just :drool: That's what you get for 5 years in the making, haters be gone.

Now we know what 170 premium damage meant, 170 cars will also have damage inside, which will obviously be the rally/nascar cars.

Thats the one thing I wish Forza 3 had, night driving, I love it :(

Sounds good though, lets hope they don't drop anything from that list at the last minute!

I only see one small screen of night driving in replay mode, am I missing something or is there more pages?

I hope the rain on the windscreen is good looking as realistic, as it was in games such as Colin McRae '05 or DiRT 2 (well, the water splashs).

Thats the one thing I wish Forza 3 had, night driving, I love it :(

Sounds good though, lets hope they don't drop anything from that list at the last minute!

I only see one small screen of night driving in replay mode, am I missing something or is there more pages?

More pages but no one has scanned them properly.

As usual the noobs buy the magazines then take cell phone shots on Nokia 3310's from 20metres away.

As usual the noobs buy the magazines then take cell phone shots on Nokia 3310's from 20metres away.

The 3310 has a camera? :drool: ;)

The 3310 has a camera? :drool: ;)

Obviously not it was just a referrence to how retarded half the world is when they get ahold of something people want to see/read.

Especially if it's game footage, some 4 year old child holds the 1990's handicam.

One thing I'm wondering is online impact, 16 players at 1080p/60FPS, are we going to see some visual downgrades or what? Especially if we're talking 16 @ WRC/Nascar, those are the modes with removable car parts and more destruction going on which = more particles/effects on the go.

Ever seen one of those nasty pictures where some bloke who's jacked off over some panties, a dirty picture or whatever? Expect my GT5 contribution soon.

Can't wait :shiftyninja:

Great list of features, as for will multiplayer get a downgrade, I think maybe in the scenery loss of assets maybe. In terms of framerate and resolution I'd expect it to stay the same. Cannot wait for this to arrive., looks like the fight between GT5 and F3 won't be as close as people expected.

huh... using 3 PS3's to do widescreen? how's that supposed to work...

It's been done in Forza before, you just need 3 monitors/TVs and 3 PS3s, then you have a wider angle of view - Essentially removing the need to use an analogue stick/headtracking to look out your side windows.

Ever seen one of those nasty pictures where some bloke who's jacked off over some panties, a dirty picture or whatever? Expect my GT5 contribution soon.

Damn man. Damn. That's all I got, damn.

It's been done in Forza before, you just need 3 monitors/TVs and 3 PS3s, then you have a wider angle of view - Essentially removing the need to use an analogue stick/headtracking to look out your side windows.

does the head tracking unit only sense rotation, or does it sense movement as well? as in, does the camera move around the cockpit if you move your head...

Just awesome (love those images of the SLS AMG), when this actually arrives I shall probably fork out for a PS3 (Y)

Radish?

does the head tracking unit only sense rotation, or does it sense movement as well? as in, does the camera move around the cockpit if you move your head...

What?

The insides of the GT5 cars are 360 viewable, you just need to use the analogue sticks, with the motion camera you can use your head - However it's already been explained a slight move of the head will correspond to a much greater move on the TV, it has to work like that, people can't

a) Practically turn their head 90 degrees to look out of a window, as well you need to see the TV

b) It would get tiresome and annoying swinging your head about like a mad man

The 3648x2736 images in the gtplanet thread (see OP) are perfectly readable