Submit your Neowin Scene here!

Guys remember you can NOT use copyrighted images, so no OS's or characters or images that have anything copyrighted.

KoL's work is amazing as usual, but those are his images and he owns the copyright to them

These probably won't be accepted due to copyright, but I'll give it a try regardless:

Windows 7 (With Neowin.net)

Win7NP.png

Win7N.png

Windows 7 (Without Neowin.net

Win7P.png

Win7.png

And just for the lolz...

.NET Compact Framework Team

FailP.png

Fail.png

Here are a few more I did with Seasons included. Some members wanted to see them. Here is the Download link.

I don't know if any of the images are going to be used but at least they have a few from me to choose.

Simply stunning. (Y)

I like the usage of seasons as scenes. Especially winter, when the Christmas theme is enabled. :)

Ok after re-reading what I posted, the way it reads is wrong. As Giga said I was just stating that those images Kol posted were his and he was giving permission to use them, unlike some of the others being posted. I just didn't type it out correctly.. It was a case of hands typing before the brain caught up :)

There's some good ones here, hopefully it'll include some of bruNo_'s, for those of us that like it sleek, clean, elegant and non-distracting (unlike some of the ones posted).

Most of KoL's are worthy too. :D

:(

And some of my fractals aren't nice? Gee thanks.. _sniffle__by_Zikes.giflonely2.gif

*hugs* for Minifig.

It's nothing personal, I'm sure, but KoL is just that good. In any case, I do like some of the fractals.

OT: Kol I can never view your DA page. The hyphen in the url always makes it fail :(

I remember reading something about that ages ago.

Something along the lines of the hyphen is invalid, but the people running deviantart at the time had no idea since Windows allows it, so they allowed it as well.

Awesome work everyone :) This new NW version is going to look awesome :D.

If I may make a suggestion to the mods, however, it might be good to take this idea a little further and let us skin the backdrop of the entire site. With the new "forced fixed width", the backdrop looks a little plain for people with widescreen monitors. I'd suggest doing something like the Twitter homepage:

NW:

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=243058

Twitter:

31282662.png

As you can see, Twitter looks a lot nicer and less plain. Combining the background with the customer header would look REALLY slick!!

Neowin≠Twitter.

Let's keep it that way.. Shall we? Please?

For bandwidth allocation reasons?..

I mean we can't have huge images in the desktop thread.. I don't think they'll allow us to have custom images for the site background.

I say be happy with what we've got with the fact that custom headers are coming... and more.

Here are some I made.

<Snipped pics>

Very nice (Y)

Uh you didn't make this buddy, you ripped this off from Kol on DeviantArt. I have had it set as a wallpaper on my Mac for weeks now.

http://-kol.deviantart.com/art/Bokeh-116165739

Busted but nice try though!

*facepalm* How can you not notice that Kol is posting his own work... Did you even look at the usernames?

Maybe Neobond can make us an area where we Artsy types can discuss headers and stuff more so we don't cloud this area with ideas and etc.

"Artsy" types don't stretch images :laugh:

"Artsy" types don't stretch images :laugh:

I didn't stretch any images, they're contorted when they're reframed around the border.

It's a simple mistake.

Anyway I submitted quite a few that are aren't "stretched".

Here are a few more I did with Seasons included. Some members wanted to see them. Here is the Download link.

I don't know if any of the images are going to be used but at least they have a few from me to choose.

Very nice submission guys. Damian OS are pretty cool. You should add a Vista/7 one.

Thanks KoL for the Seasons Scene :D Those will be my default if selected!