[Official] Mass Effect 2

Playing as a hard guy is much harder than playing as a good guy. i dont mean difficulty of the game, but emotionally :p I know its a game, but still!

Yeah, I had the same feeling when I tried to do a renegade playthrough. I was trying to boost my renegade gauge as often as possible (

because you need one of the two gauges to be high for certain conversations later in the game

), but certain things just made me say "this is horrible, and I'm a bad person".

I guess I'm just too soft :).

I loves ME1, and Me2 .... shadow broker dls was the most enjoyable of the dlcs ... but ...

am I the only one that thinks tali is ok but Liara ... oh man, she is the bomb ... in shadow broker i almost had an orgasm seeing her in my loft on the ship ....

(on a side note, by mistake i slept with jack ... but dumped her ... though she is cool actually ... miranda is ok too, had her for a coffee in my first playthrough)

also, i find myself going out with either garus, grunt or samara i wish legion was a bit more powerful

also, i find myself going out with either garus, grunt or samara i wish legion was a bit more powerful

Thane and Miranda, both with heavy warp are the only team members needed when dealing with harbinger ;)

I have a question: I had Miranda loyal to me and wanting to sleep with me, then I did Jack's mission and afterwards Miranda and Jack were having a fight. I took Jack's side because Miranda was being an idiot, so Miranda's loyalty dropped so she's not loyal anymore and she won't talk to me at all. How do I get her loyalty back?

I have a question: I had Miranda loyal to me and wanting to sleep with me, then I did Jack's mission and afterwards Miranda and Jack were having a fight. I took Jack's side because Miranda was being an idiot, so Miranda's loyalty dropped so she's not loyal anymore and she won't talk to me at all. How do I get her loyalty back?

You can't, you should have done Jacks loyality mission once either of your paragon or renegade points were high enoughso that one or both of the paragon/renegade options became available.

You'll no longer be able 'romance' Miranda. She will also die in the suicide mission so don't pick her to be a leader, and it's not a good idea to pick her for your squad if you yourself want to survive

You can't, you should have done Jacks loyality mission once either of your paragon or renegade points were high enoughso that one or both of the paragon/renegade options became available.

You'll no longer be able 'romance' Miranda. She will also die in the suicide mission so don't pick her to be a leader, and it's not a good idea to pick her for your squad if you yourself want to survive

If I'm not mistaken, if you keep playing and get your paragon / renegade high enough you can still regain her loyalty by going and talking to her. I took Miranda's side, but if I go down to talk to Jack, I have greyed-out options (my paragon isn't high enough yet) that should work to get her back.

If I'm not mistaken, if you keep playing and get your paragon / renegade high enough you can still regain her loyalty by going and talking to her. I took Miranda's side, but if I go down to talk to Jack, I have greyed-out options (my paragon isn't high enough yet) that should work to get her back.

Yup, you are indeed correct. I had that happen to me in my second playthrough (not with Miranda and Jack, but with the other argument that occurs later in the game), but once my Renegade stat was high enough, I was able to smooth things over and regain the offended character's loyalty.

My best advice would be to focus on one stream (paragon or renegade) and get it has high as possible, so that you can smooth things over before it's too late.

I think I was partially wrong. I got my paragon completely full, still couldn't get Jack loyal again. However, I completed the game and still got through with everyone surviving. Just don't use Jack on any of your squads, and leave Garrus, Zaheed, and Grunt in your reserves for the final battle. That should make the final team strong enough that everyone survives (assuming everyone else is loyal).

on an unrelated note:

motivator01a30e77c7ac7dc6cc2280c313.jpg

from the mass effect wiki : It is possible to regain the lost loyalty of a squad member with another Paragon or Renegade test later. However, the team member whom Shepard does not support will no longer respond to romantic overtures, even if their loyalty is later regained. Losing the loyalty of one of the team members will not result in the loss of their respective special power, nor the Commander's access to it through the "Advanced Training" research project.

Holy crap "insanity" is a bitch sometimes. Especially Kasumi's loyalty mission, since it's just the two of you (playing as a Sentinel with Reave added).

Random comment.

Just started Mass Effect 2 on PC. Personally think is way better than ME1. Combat is more than just "use some powers and FPS the rest". This time it is more like "use powers and shoot at the same time".

Though, so far the pace of the game is like "Okay, we are possibly going to be wiped out, but we will seek random unstable people and deal with their troubles before we deal with the small matter of species extinction". And oh, Bioware is o discreet about when there is a battle. I see a lot of crates, and a random supporting wall with explosive crates. Can it possibly be a battle, no cannot be!

Holy crap "insanity" is a bitch sometimes. Especially Kasumi's loyalty mission, since it's just the two of you (playing as a Sentinel with Reave added).

Tip: use Kasumi's Shadow Strike on any heavy mech to move its attention away from you ..then just blast away

Tip: use Kasumi's Shadow Strike on any heavy mech to move its attention away from you ..then just blast away

Pretty much what I did. Stayed in cover, used overload on shields on all enemies, used her shadow strike to finish them off.

Ok, this is getting too awesome.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/114/1148798p1.html

Film Composer Clint Mansell to Score Mass Effect 3

Clint Mansell, composer of such classic motion picture scores as 'The Fountain' and 'Requiem For a Dream' dropped the news that he is writing the musical score for the last chapter in BioWare's epic Mass Effect trilogy in an interview with The Quietus about his latest film, 'Black Swan'.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/114/1148798p1.html

Clint Mansell, composer of such classic motion picture scores as 'The Fountain' and 'Requiem For a Dream' dropped the news that he is writing the musical score for the last chapter in BioWare's epic Mass Effect trilogy in an interview with The Quietus about his latest film, 'Black Swan'.

That's awesome. It sounds like Bioware is pulling out all the stops for ME3. This year just keeps getting more and more exciting for gaming :).

Oh, and props to those of you who played ME2 on Insanity. I was too scared to try, lol. I might do a Hardcore playthrough at some point (I plan on doing a ME1+2 playthrough at some point), but I think I'll stop there :).

Oh, and props to those of you who played ME2 on Insanity. I was too scared to try, lol. I might do a Hardcore playthrough at some point (I plan on doing a ME1+2 playthrough at some point), but I think I'll stop there :).

If you just want to get the insanity achievement on ME2, play as the soldier class ;). But, starting from a lvl 1 character on ME1, Insanity actually has a meaning ..regardless of class.

Mass Effect 3 couldn't come sooner. As a gamer, I dont think i've ever been more excited for any other game as much as ME3.

November can't come quick enough.

http://xbox360.ign.c.../1148798p1.html

So will the ending where earth gets blowed up real good feature a montage with lux aeterna playing?

I was hoping Jack Wall would work on Mass Effect 3. He was a great composer. As for Duncan Jones, I definitely enjoyed listening to his work in movies like Moon and Pi.