I'm the only one who don't like the new theme?

Finity definitely didn't feel the same when we had to go back to it temporarily. Atlas is much better.

Noo, please don't lose interest - You're such an active member.

laugh.gif

I really like the new theme - it's got a much smoother look than Finity, particularly on the news page.

Finity definitely didn't feel the same when we had to go back to it temporarily. Atlas is much better.

+1

I liked Finity, but Atlas is just so much better. Going back to Finity was like going back to Win XP :D

• Like 2

With any change there will always be those that donor like it whether it is the theme or just a single button

I'm a bit of a minimalist, so I do miss some aspects of the old theme, such as the more compact look of comments (avatars are a form of bloat imo, despite their uses), simple boxes, and less liberal use of gradients. I'm also not really liking the "Online" strip next to usernames--it strikes me as too invasive, given the dimensions and colour. I also think it's inconsistent to not also have an equivalent "Offline" tag.

EDIT: Ok, after just a few minutes of use, I think the use of gradients is really too much. It gives the forums an unecessarily chunky, rounded, and bloated feel. This is a classic case of "just because you can, doesn't mean you should". But like I said, I'm a minimalist, so you may not agree.

Edited by Turbonium

Noo, please don't lose interest - You're such an active member.

It's posts like this that put less active members off. The fact that you have a higher post count than another member does not give you the right to talk down to them for doing nothing more than expressing their opinion.

• Like 1

It's posts like this that put less active members off. The fact that you have a higher post count than another member does not give you the right to talk down to them for doing nothing more than expressing their opinion.

Ok.

I'm a bit of a minimalist, so I do miss some aspects of the old theme, such as the more compact look of comments (avatars are a form of bloat imo, despite their uses), simple boxes, and less liberal use of gradients. I'm also not really liking the "Online" strip next to usernames--it strikes me as too invasive, given the dimensions and colour. I also think it's inconsistent to not also have an equivalent "Offline" tag.

I do hate the online strip. It looks cheap and tacky, and the red color clashes with the entire site.

the new site/design is really good. Although i agree the red online strip is ugly. It would look better as green (a better representation of online) or even better, just a green circle.

I love the new design. I wasn't a huge fan of IPB3 from the beginning, but the Atlas/IPB2 hybrid that Timan made really helped ease the transition.

the new site/design is really good. Although i agree the red online strip is ugly. It would look better as green (a better representation of online) or even better, just a green circle.

I agree with you.

Once you get used to the theme, and all the new features, it really is better. People dont like change, its a natural habit but after some time youll love this theme...