I'm the only one who don't like the new theme?

A smaller/fixed width will make the forums look a lot much better (ex. 1050px)

If you're using Firefox, you can just install the Stylish add-on and use one of the userstyles created for Neowin to change the width from fluid to fixed. This is what I currently use since I don't like fluid themes and prefer a 960px grid. :)

I like the new frontpage, but was unsure of the forums. I did not like how small the fonts were and how they made it harder to read. I have grown used to it and the only thing I don't like is the lack of a shortcut to active posts on the FP. It's annoying how I have to click twice instead of previously clicking once.

there are features i liked about the old, that this new one doesnt have! im giving it 2 more days, and if i still dont like it, im OUT!

there are features i liked about the old, that this new one doesnt have! im giving it 2 more days, and if i still dont like it, im OUT!

What are you referring to exactly? So far it has everything I want.

I dislike the "about the author" section when looking at a thread. If I really wanted to know about the person, I would seek the info out. I'd much rather have the most recent posts back in its place.

post-105406-12644245212152_thumb.jpg

i miss the link that below the Last Community Activity Posts As you can see, there used to be a view button, so it went straight to it, i know it small and nothing, but was simple and easier to get it.

post-105406-12644247637134_thumb.jpg

The other problem i have is between the ads and lastest post was a section that would show all the last actived posts, that would update every so offen. i like this cause now i have to click the "View New Content" and most times i end up clicking the Mark All Items Read button. Thats about it for now.

I dislike the "about the author" section when looking at a thread. If I really wanted to know about the person, I would seek the info out. I'd much rather have the most recent posts back in its place.

We never had the recent posts in that space on articles.

The other problem i have is between the ads and lastest post was a section that would show all the last actived posts, that would update every so offen. i like this cause now i have to click the "View New Content" and most times i end up clicking the Mark All Items Read button. Thats about it for now.

That's coming back and called mini-spy.

It's posts like this that put less active members off. The fact that you have a higher post count than another member does not give you the right to talk down to them for doing nothing more than expressing their opinion.

Amen!

We never had the recent posts in that space on articles.

That's coming back and called mini-spy.

mm interesting, ill wait around to see this. any ETA on this?

The new theme is pretty nice, overall better than Finity, but there are a few points I would prefer changed.

1. The "Online" tag, as mentioned before. Regardless of design, it should be green or neutral in colour. Red shouts "Offline" to many people. Glad that it is going to be changed.

2. Unsure if this is merely a problem on my side, but MultiQuote should change colour when I click on it to indicate the post is "quoted". Currently, it doesn't on my side. Using Firefox 3.5 on Win 7 x64 here.

3. Still slow on my side. As mentioned earlier, hopefully it will pick up after the bots and scripts have done their job. Miss the old forums speed.

4. Prefer to have the Location info back on too.

5. Having some frequent log-out issues. Have cleared cache and cookies, but it still happens sometimes to me.

6. While I understand the idea behind the sentence just below Fast Reply: "We can't account for ... ... breaking the rules.", I think that having that at the bottom of every page is somewhat unpleasant to the eye and foruming experience. Perhaps a button to enable quick reply could be added to show the current "Fast Reply" box, a la Finity, thus the message would only be seen if someone wishes to post a quick reply.

Of course, to balance the above, I would like to state my likes:

1. Colours are light and easy to read. Like the gradients, rounded corners and generally clean look.

2. I like the light green quote-box as I simply use the default Blue theme and it fits in nicely. Is multiple quotes within a quote-box still possible?

3. Many choices for colouring the forums. More would be welcomed!

Edited by Shokus

I preferred it some years ago when you could select a skin colour (I like green) and it stayed the colour you selected.

I selected green and everything is still grey and blue.

Im not fussed about the theme, it's still pretty standard Neowin fare, my main issues are with IPB3. Ive never liked it.

Im sure that it's got loads more features, but the profile section for members is just far too complicated - Id love a 'lite' version that has all the fat trimmed off it.

:)

you must be the proud of neowin

Oh yeah.... I am..... You might be using IE and I know that new Neowin theme dont look that great in IE.

You will see the difference in chrome and FF.

One thing I really do miss though is it showing poster Location. Honestly I didn't even think it mattered until it was gone, but I find myself with A LOT of topics/posts thinking well I wonder if thats UK only, or something similar. I would REALLY like to see Location under your avatar return

4. Prefer to have the Location info back on too.

I can see location information within each thread perfectly fine. It's underneath the avatar and other user details... or was this missing for a few days and been re-added? :blink: