Steven Spielberg's "Falling Skies"

Falling Skies from Wondercon:

The first clip involved two men, a father and son played by Noah Wyle and Drew Roy, running through a post-apocalyptic city setting ? destruction, fires, guns firing, lasers blasting. They escape through an alley and connect with a big group of people. An alien spacecraft flies over them and drops a bomb on the city behind them that leaves a really impressive explosion. The clip was very impressive from a television stand-point ? it looked very high budget and cinematic.

The second clip shows them trying to break in to rescue the children who have been kidnapped by the aliens and are being used ?for alien purposes.?. The kids have some type of alien device on the back of their necks which somehow controls the children. The aliens, who are sporting cool looking mech suits try to stop the recovery mission.

Another clip shows a normal day in the life of these survivors. Moon Bloodgood plays a pediatrician helping some of the injured. She ask Noah what they?re plan is and he says ?Retreat, regroup, return, revenge.? I have a theory that the involvement of Bloodgood or Summer Glau in a movie or television project usually means its going to be a failure. I hope not in this case.

Here is what I learned about the show:

* The show starts 6 months after the alien invasion, which makes it a bit different than most of these types of alien invasion stories.

* The time period was chosen to deal with the human drama of figuring out how to deal with life after the invasion.

* They have also said that the series will feature no flashbacks. We will not see the invasion itself in the series.

* The aliens aren?t hidden or obscured. The aliens have six legs and strange tusks. I?m wondering how much it will cost the production to create computer rendered alien creatures for each episode.

* The world is depleted, all electricity is gone, communication is dead. An electric magnetic pulse is activated when the Aliens attracted, so every device with a transistor doesn?t work and the survivors need to make do with whatever they could create.

* Not only is the technology gone but the military has been taking out ? leaving moms, fathers and kids to fight/run.

* Robert Rodat, who wrote the screenplay for Saving Private Ryan and The Patriot wrote the pilot episode.

* We are not told why the teens are taken but that they are targeting an age range os 12-18.

* We were given the first 12 pages of a Falling Skies comic book which fills in what happened in the time between the invasion and the television series. 4-page segments will be posted online, and the whole thing will be released as a graphic novel this Summer.

* Originally the show was titled Concord, a reference to the American Revolution. And the show has some similarities, as common men called into these roles or survival.

* Two survivors are going through a girls room, Drew Roy?s character and his love interest. We see a moment shared between them before Noah Wyle?s character opens the door, interrupting their kiss.

* We were told that one scene will be released on TNT.tv at a later time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Falling Skies already renewed?

TNT's alien-invasion drama Falling Skies, executive produced by Steven Spielberg and starring Noah Wyle, doesn't premiere until June 19 but the network and producer DreamWorks TV are already looking ahead to a potential Season 2 with the hire of Caprica co-creator Remi Aubuchon as executive producer/showrunner.

Source: Deadline

http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/05/falling-skies-already-preparing-for.html

• 5 weeks later...

The Walking dead but with aliens?

Not going to be shown on FX HD in the UK until July, gonna have get it via some other means :whistle:

The Walking dead but with aliens?

Not going to be shown on FX HD in the UK until July, gonna have get it via some other means :whistle:

everytime someone illegaly download a series god kills a puppy.

everytime someone illegaly download a series god kills a puppy.

everytime one of you records a show to your dvr a show is cancelled.

One thing that really bugged me were the "sponsored by blah blah for limited commercials" but there we were having 3min of commercials every 7min (except at the 1 hour point). It also bugged me that right when it would go to break they would show a clip of what is gonna happen after the break, that actually really ****ed me off. That all said, I did enjoy the first episode and will continue to watch it... I just hope they stop with the "preview commercials".

everytime one of you records a show to your dvr a show is cancelled.

/win

I thought it was fun...but yeah it dragged at times and I can't see it doing very well once people get bored

:laugh: is this series a joke? Now, for real, did steven spielberg produces this or just the 1st episode, which was really bad. Bad acting and effects :laugh: A non sense series. First they gonna get their son/brother then they dont :laugh: Get from the six legs and crappy animatronics/bad CGI.

It was bad and boring. And that was the 1st episode. I guess only the director gonna watch the next episode, with luck :laugh:

From what I read on IO9, they have seen the first 7 episodes, and it gets better, but starts a little slow, I assumed they wouldn't blow up the whole budget in FX, and besides some hiccups, I found the episodes really enjoyable. ps: anyone though of Pope as a more "hardcore" Sawyer? :p

From what I read on IO9, they have seen the first 7 episodes, and it gets better, but starts a little slow, I assumed they wouldn't blow up the whole budget in FX, and besides some hiccups, I found the episodes really enjoyable. ps: anyone though of Pope as a more "hardcore" Sawyer? :p

yeah like GoT I didn't like the first episode but it got considerably better

@Gutierrez some hate there? :rofl:

Aside from some bizarre twists, I really enjoyed the two episodes.

I really liked the part about the alien's mechs and why they made them 2-legged instead of 6-legged. When it comes to aliens, the "why" stuff always fascinates me.

I really liked the part about the alien's mechs and why they made them 2-legged instead of 6-legged. When it comes to aliens, the "why" stuff always fascinates me.

Yeah I liked that part as well, nice detail.

It's something I found extremely retarded about Avatar: Every single big creature on Pandora evolved with six legs, but for some reason the Na'vi have only two legs and two arms. #Fail