Steven Spielberg's "Falling Skies"

I watched the pilot and I want that 40 minutes of my life back!

Will be surprised if this show makes season two.

don't be mean, it's not bad. i'd like to find out why the skitters came to Earth and what happened before the war/why they attacked. at least i'd like to find that out.

don't be mean, it's not bad. i'd like to find out why the skitters came to Earth and what happened before the war/why they attacked. at least i'd like to find that out.

you probably wont.. it will get axed before they start giving us answers.

This show is worst than v, which i kept watching in the hope they would work to make it better like the original series, until they came with the stupid human soul extraction machine, then i give up.

Judging by the early previews for the show, we'll see some flashbacks of life before the Skitter invasion.

Anyway, the last episode was pretty good. The show is becoming darker and that's how it should have been to begin with. I can't wait to see the next episode. :)

Again put my vote in for this show just being well... boring. I'm watching it because it is at least watchable and somewhat enjoyable. I feel like i'm watching lost or something. Theres nothing really moving along. If they start doing flashbacks i'm gone...

I think its the nature of a show like this, you can't end it and you can't progress it. The humans won't win. Its not a mini series. The show will go on with drama as the main focus. Just as they throw in this

subplot of the guy harvesting children to the aliens

, just felt so expected. I knew when watching the last episode

something wasn't right with this new character from the start, and just sighed.

I entirely expect to see this become a main feature of this series. Little sub plots that give you the idea of moving on and learning tiny tiny details each episode. Its lost with aliens!

Don't even compare this to Lost. Lost is one of the greatest shows of all time and this is ok at best.

This episode was much better, they actually gave you answres while providing some new and close up details about the aliens. its a shame theres only 8 episodes. just not enough to get much going. i hope they show this attack they were talking about. the show is still quite predictable and i hate these side stories. blah to charecter development.

It's meh. OK for something to watch while chilling with a cold brew in the summer heat. The endings are particularly bad: no cliff-hangers = no motivation to watch the next episode.

I watched only the first episode and never touched it again, i love Science Fiction however, this was just horrible.

I watched only the first episode and never touched it again, i love Science Fiction however, this was just horrible.

Judge A Song of Ice and Fire by its prologue and people would call you the world's biggest idiot.

I'm surprised at what we've learned in the last episode and I'm also glad the show is finally getting the 'post-apocalyptic alien invasion' feel right. I had to stop drinking my cup of milk when I saw the

new aliens (and again during the peephole scene).

It was also interesting to find out that the

Skitters (and their masters) are using Earth technology to construct their weapons and structures. Also, it was nice seeing Karen again. I think she's incredibly attractive.

Don't even compare this to Lost. Lost is one of the greatest shows of all time and this is ok at best.

Did you really just label Lost as one of the greatest shows of all time? Ugh comments like that make me lose faith in the human race. Lost was utter nonsense and a classic example of a show being stretched out long past its sell by date. As for falling skies it might not be the best show out there but in the sea of reality shows and other crap on tv it makes for a fairly enjoyable 40 each week.

I'm surprised at what we've learned in the last episode and I'm also glad the show is finally getting the 'post-apocalyptic alien invasion' feel right. I had to stop drinking my cup of milk when I saw the

new aliens (and again during the peephole scene).

It was also interesting to find out that the

Skitters (and their masters) are using Earth technology to construct their weapons and structures. Also, it was nice seeing Karen again. I think she's incredibly attractive.

Damn you Anaron, now I have to watch it now. >.< :laugh:

not a bad finale, if i must say. you can tell that this show doesn't have a huge budget and that they have had to make air time sacrifices on battle scenes and the cg scenes. I do find it cheesy that the squad that was sent out was attacked and yet Tom was able to fire off one missile and do that much damage to their base.

Also maybe I didn't catch this in the first episode, but did the invasion take out all electronic devices like an emp? they have generators, not sure why they couldn't use more advanced radios?

not a bad finale, if i must say. you can tell that this show doesn't have a huge budget and that they have had to make air time sacrifices on battle scenes and the cg scenes. I do find it cheesy that the squad that was sent out was attacked and yet Tom was able to fire off one missile and do that much damage to their base.

Also maybe I didn't catch this in the first episode, but did the invasion take out all electronic devices like an emp? they have generators, not sure why they couldn't use more advanced radios?

You nailed it.

Also, I've got a theory, which is sort of the combination of stuff I thought of & stuff my dad did. Okay, so you know how the harnessed kids actually turn into Skitters? Maybe all the Skitters were originally human. In fact, maybe they're the slaves to those tall aliens, being mentally forced to do whatever the tall aliens want like the harnessed kids. &, maybe the current generation of Skitters is dying off, so the tall aliens need human children to serve as the next generation. Thus, as slaves, they might be forced to follow these orders: "Use whatever means you can necessary to kidnap the children & don't worry if the entire human population dies in the rampage."

Is that possible? Or am I crazy?