Steven Spielberg's "Falling Skies"

I must admit I find the show a little wearing, the pace is very slow and the characters feel under developed; I'll give it till the end of the season to turn itself around. I'm sure they'll explain more later...

I'm feeling the same, watched 5 episodes last night (not cuz it was so great but cuz i was bored) and it just kinda dragged along. I guess i'm giving it hope that it will pick up, i kept thinking oh the next episode it's gonna BLOW! Nope, same old.

Now compare that to something like FlashForward - may not have been the best show but even after the first episode you were like WHOA - WTF happen? Can't wait to see the next episode!

I must admit I find the show a little wearing, the pace is very slow and the characters feel under developed; I'll give it till the end of the season to turn itself around. I'm sure they'll explain more later...

Hopefully now that they're done with the botched rescues (of his kid at least) they can move on to something else unless they pull something where all the harness kids are psychically called back and they have to do it again pinch.gif

It's not amazing but it's definitely enjoyable. I find it a bit weird that it always ends on a positive note. Also, I find it odd that they don't come across more aliens. For a race that killed 90% of the human population, they seem to have low numbers.

Maybe there's a ton in the mothership or something. Apparently with the way the humans fight and them apparently only needing naps under bridges and watching kids collect scrap metal, they don't seem to need to do much else.

So far, I'm bored with the show... to slow for me...

(Y)

I watched the pilot and haven't bothered with it anymore.

This show is like Walking Dead meets Terminator Salvation (even the lead reminds me of the Bale) but way more boring than either of those. I really want to get into it but some bits just bug the hell out of me (that religious girl needs to die, and soon). I love the aliens and the fact that the actors are usually interacting with a real "thing" and not talking to a blue screen (*cough* V *cough*) is refreshing, however. I'll probably keep watching to see where it goes just because I have nothing better to do.

have to say im bored of this, its just seem to been dragging on... luckily its airs now, if it had started in October i know i would have had to stop watching has there will be loads more better shows i follow.

It's not amazing but it's definitely enjoyable. I find it a bit weird that it always ends on a positive note. Also, I find it odd that they don't come across more aliens. For a race that killed 90% of the human population, they seem to have low numbers.

If you wipe out all major population centers on Earth from low orbit you already got rid more than half of the human race. I'm guessing the 90% was a figure of speech rather than literal, since there would be no way of knowing for any of the survivors how many people are left. Global commutations are down. I think they also explained that while some aliens were left behind on Earth the motherships actually moved off.

But yeah it has this Disney-ish goody goody feeling to it because there's always something positive going on. I also agree that this show is dragging on. For some reason there doesn't seem to be a red line, no real goal, no objectives, etc. It's just about surviving. I'm not entirely sure that's enough for a TV series. :/

This show is like Walking Dead meets Terminator Salvation (even the lead reminds me of the Bale) but way more boring than either of those. I really want to get into it but some bits just bug the hell out of me (that religious girl needs to die, and soon). I love the aliens and the fact that the actors are usually interacting with a real "thing" and not talking to a blue screen (*cough* V *cough*) is refreshing, however. I'll probably keep watching to see where it goes just because I have nothing better to do.

I agree with you there but noooo leave the religious chick alone. She's like the only eye candy in that show and we all know every show got one. Normally guys watch shows for sci-fi/action aspects and if none of that exists there's the hot chick. If you take that away there's basically nothing left cuz there's basically no action in this show. It's so sloooooow and even when there's some action it's like bang and it's over. They go talk about it as one other poster mentioned!

I agree with you there but noooo leave the religious chick alone. She's like the only eye candy in that show and we all know every show got one. Normally guys watch shows for sci-fi/action aspects and if none of that exists there's the hot chick. If you take that away there's basically nothing left cuz there's basically no action in this show. It's so sloooooow and even when there's some action it's like bang and it's over. They go talk about it as one other poster mentioned!

:x

Saw the first couple of episodes and I couldn't get into it....it is missing a certain je ne sais quoi....

Same Here I actually stopped after the third episode, this turned out to be all HYPE without no BITE!

I'm glad the show is finally leaning more towards the dark side. It's a nice change from the goody-goody appearance it had in previous episodes. To me, the characters felt a little too content with their situation. I'd like to see more emotional episodes as well as more info on the Skitters (e.g. where they came from or why they came in the first place). For an alien race with such advanced technology, they seem to like going around without any weapons (aside from mechs).

How bout her?

Jessy-Schram-photo-001.jpg

:blush:

stop calling her religious girl, she's Seychelle Gabriel and she's super fine, i love her. she can't be written out! and you want to tell me Moon Bloodgood isn't eye-candy enough? come on, she's hot.

as for the show, i'm getting more into it and the story is smarter than it seems, i.e the skitters may have more of an agenda than originally thought, they may not be the big baddies after all, the humans may have brought part of the disaster on themselves etc etc. i'm not saying it's an incredible show, but i had low hopes for it yet it's not bad. very much a Jericho feel to it, and i liked Jericho. plus the War of the Worlds reference last episode really had me laughing out loud, well done.

Again put my vote in for this show just being well... boring. I'm watching it because it is at least watchable and somewhat enjoyable. I feel like i'm watching lost or something. Theres nothing really moving along. If they start doing flashbacks i'm gone...

I think its the nature of a show like this, you can't end it and you can't progress it. The humans won't win. Its not a mini series. The show will go on with drama as the main focus. Just as they throw in this

subplot of the guy harvesting children to the aliens

, just felt so expected. I knew when watching the last episode

something wasn't right with this new character from the start, and just sighed.

I entirely expect to see this become a main feature of this series. Little sub plots that give you the idea of moving on and learning tiny tiny details each episode. Its lost with aliens!

How bout her?

snipped

:blush:

She was the original hottie. The new blonde now that's all tough and all that is ok too but not as cute. Moon is definitely a hottie in a Milf kinda way but the other girl, whatever Neo says her name is - is also cute to me. I know not everyones cup of tea but eh, she's working it for me. :D

She was the original hottie. The new blonde now that's all tough and all that is ok too but not as cute. Moon is definitely a hottie in a Milf kinda way but the other girl, whatever Neo says her name is - is also cute to me. I know not everyones cup of tea but eh, she's working it for me. :D

I want her back. She was soo hot. (not like my gf would like to hear that. LOL).

Well after the last episode, I'm pretty much done with the series. It's predictable and boring. Maybe it'll pull a stargate universe and actually start to gain some momentum, but lets hope it doesn' take 2 seasons like SGU did. If they manage to get to that point then I'll come back and look at it.

Again put my vote in for this show just being well... boring. I'm watching it because it is at least watchable and somewhat enjoyable. I feel like i'm watching lost or something. Theres nothing really moving along. If they start doing flashbacks i'm gone...

I think its the nature of a show like this, you can't end it and you can't progress it. The humans won't win. Its not a mini series. The show will go on with drama as the main focus. Just as they throw in this

subplot of the guy harvesting children to the aliens

, just felt so expected. I knew when watching the last episode

something wasn't right with this new character from the start, and just sighed.

I entirely expect to see this become a main feature of this series. Little sub plots that give you the idea of moving on and learning tiny tiny details each episode. Its lost with aliens!

Actually you can progress it and end it, if it is planned. Planning is the key part here. Babylon 5 did it in a beautiful way. There was always a sub A plot and a sub B plot, and every episode had little things that progressed the story. At first glance, especially in season 1, you could have the same reaction you had with Fallen Skies. But with Babylon 5 the plots were carefully done with each season having a major theme to the story. Watch it over and over again and you will see little things that added up to be major parts to the story 3 or 4 yrs down the line. The key was that the story was already laid out for the writer and he controlled it.

Now with Fallen Skies, Spielberg can certainly maintain the control of the writing as JMS did with Babylon 5. You can actually see it with several clues and hints to the overall plot line. What are the Mechs? Why use them? Why the hive mind? Why did they attack? Why are they acting as mothers to the children? Each episode answered a bit, confirmed clues, then asked more questions.

We will have to wait and see if Spielberg has a planned arc for each season. I suspect he does considering his other works like Taken.

did someone call Moon Bloodgood a MILF? what the...she's like 35, and i'm not sure she even has kids! She is super hot though.