Steven Spielberg's "Falling Skies"

You nailed it.

Also, I've got a theory, which is sort of the combination of stuff I thought of & stuff my dad did. Okay, so you know how the harnessed kids actually turn into Skitters? Maybe all the Skitters were originally human. In fact, maybe they're the slaves to those tall aliens, being mentally forced to do whatever the tall aliens want like the harnessed kids. &, maybe the current generation of Skitters is dying off, so the tall aliens need human children to serve as the next generation. Thus, as slaves, they might be forced to follow these orders: "Use whatever means you can necessary to kidnap the children & don't worry if the entire human population dies in the rampage."

Is that possible? Or am I crazy?

I think the skitters are other aliens the tall aliens had harnessed.

This looks like it''s going to be a one season wonder.

Actually it was renewed for a 2nd season a month ago.

As much as I like the show; I found the ending a little underwhelming. I don't know it if was me or what but I didn't see any of the final battle. I was left scratching my head wondering if Comcast messed up and skipped a segment or what.

it really shows they're running with a made for television budget, really slow finale, let's hope they pick up the pace for the new one

One of the things that kept me watching this episode, Maggie in a tanktop showing her tattoos and with a machinegun, now that's badass :wub:

FallingSkiesInline_1312763977.jpg

I do find it cheesy that the squad that was sent out was attacked and yet Tom was able to fire off one missile and do that much damage to their base.

Also maybe I didn't catch this in the first episode, but did the invasion take out all electronic devices like an emp? they have generators, not sure why they couldn't use more advanced radios?

Maybe you missed the WHOLE point of the last ep was that the squad that was sent out got ambushed as the aliens knew they were coming, because the civilians at the school used the transmitter to block the alien radio communications it sent all the aliens retreating and they were too busy going back to their base to notice 2 little guys standing in the streets.

The reason it did so much damage is because that the structure is made from earth based materials.

Yes they used an EMP to take out the electronics, sure they could use more advanced radios but maybe they couldnt find any as rioting and looting has picked most places clean which is why they built their own out of old technology.

One of the things that kept me watching this episode, Maggie in a tanktop showing her tattoos and with a machinegun, now that's badass :wub:

FallingSkiesInline_1312763977.jpg

That ****es me off so much! If you have an EOTECH on your firearm, you take off the front post sight of your M16. Also Moon Bloodgood was the reason I'm still watching...kind of a slow pace for me but I don't mind it.

I think the show will have a stronger budget in season 2. But seriously, a whole year till the next season. Everyone will have forgotten about this lack luster season 1 by then. I thought the finale wasn't too bad. I didn't enjoy how they wasted time by just throwing in some random cue conflict. And the ending wasn't a very good cliff hanger.

I didn't really understand why he decided to go into the alien ship. I mean what can really be accomplished by that? They didn't care when the black kid gave up all the information to the skiders, nor did they want him. Why not just re-harness him? So then you have Ben, where they say hes undergoing a transformation. And Noah is just like oooo gotta save my kid, let me go fly on the ship. I expected a little bit more action on the skiders bullets front. But the last part where they launched a rocket into the base. I thought that was cool.

I wans't a fan of the ending and it sucks it will be a whole year before starting all over again with a slow start and no answers. Hope theres more than 10 eps in season 2.

Preferred V, at least it had some balls and (much) unintentional humour (Nothing to do with *cough* Morena Baccarin, Elizabeth Mitchell, Laura Vandervoort *cough*).

Pope was the only remotely interesting character.

Did anyone expect the ending? I certainly didn't see it coming. In a way, I liked it more because of that. It reminded me of the X-Files.

• 2 weeks later...

Up to ep 7 or 8 in the UK but can't see any reason to carry on watching, quite disappointing. It's just way too slow. 5 episodes focused on rescuing Ben, then 3 episodes focused on the guy that made a deal with the skitters storyline.

• 7 months later...

I really hope they drop that Christian-family-values-let's-always-do-the-right-politically-correct-thing-preachy undertone. Almost everything from Steven Spielberg seems to suffer from this though.

Glad it is in for a second season so they can close it.

That ****es me off so much! If you have an EOTECH on your firearm, you take off the front post sight of your M16.

I bet some soldiers don't know this too. Because I seen it here on deployment!. AHAHA

• 4 weeks later...

W T F is this man?!!! ...

they cancel stargate and bring this crap and a bunch of other crap ... someone kick some in the teeth fro this shait ..... F U for doing this ...

now quick release the 10 episodes so I can see them through utorr...NetFlix

It's a terrible show... you are not missing anything...

I watched the first few episodes and wished I didnt...

For some reason people favor brainless cheesefest of a show rather then an actual series with an interesting story line..