13-04-2010. New MacBook Pro's Released

I don't think it's clever, I think it just stupid. I had never see newegg website closed because of new products updates. It is really unprofessional.

Thank you for that in-depth analysis from a marketing genius!

I expected that nothing was going to happen with this. I have always found it odd that they need to take the site down to add content. I fully understand it for actual maintenance.

Regardless of your opinion Apple does this to update the store with anything. It's a routine process so those thinking it's a waste of time just set their expectations too high. :p

Why, is the Apple store special in that it sells computers and accessories.....oh wait.....

Yes, but very few. They have about 15 core products, when Newegg has thousands, so an update has a larger impact (and they close the store to help market that).

Newegg probably adds and removes more products than the apple store stocks every week.

Also how many people does this actually affect?, **** all.

Yea, I'm surprised too.

even if apple were to release core i5, i7 notebooks today, do you think it is a good idea to buy it right away?

As a rule, you should not buy any apple product at launch. Wait at least 2 months! Does the 27" imacs remind you anything?

even if apple were to release core i5, i7 notebooks today, do you think it is a good idea to buy it right away?

As a rule, you should not buy any apple product at launch. Wait at least 2 months! Does the 27" imacs remind you anything?

So true. Never be the first to buy a new product.

But 2 months later they'll be rumors of newer products! /fail

exactly! two months later, all other manufacturers would have moved to a some new other technology while we wait for apple to update their products, again...

Dunno why people feel compelled to make topics about the Apple Store everytime it goes down. More often than not, the store is updated with less exciting products, like Aperture 3.

Also benefits the consumer in the end...

Go to the Apple Store wanting to make a purchase and find out it's down. Generally means a refresh or new product is coming.

Apple Store comes back up, the item you want was refreshed and you save yourself the headache and frustration of having to cancel an order.

No, that'd be a fail. They closed down the entire stores page to update a listing of a software. Which means no one could buy a macbook, and ipod, etc, which are much more expensive and will generate much more money than the software would.

No, people will have made their minds up and just re-order later. That Aperture software actually costs more than most iPods.

Also apple only "update" for major products, not every accessory. Although I'll be honest, I've never heard of the Aperture software before :laugh:

Yes its stupid to take the store down but its also because they need to change the option on all the BTO configurations. You can have Aperture preinstalled on any mac.

I wasn't going to buy one of these, but I do have one of the first generation Core i5 27" iMacs and couldn't be happier. I'm not having any problems (not even the "yellow screen" thing; that or I'm just not anal enough to notice it), and Apple will fix any problems you have anyway.

• 2 months later...

Now that the Store is down again. Are we going to get MacBook updates this time? unsure.gif

Hmm I along with everyone here hope its the new macbook pro but a thought just came to my mind. Could it be the iPad 3G and world wide launch of iPad? The only thing I feel is against that thought is that they did say late April.

Considering this is the biggest rumour that seems to be the most valid at the moment, it seems very possible.

From Appleinsider: Additionally, the new line may include three different types of screens options: Glossy, High Resolution Glossy, and High Resolution Glossy with Anti-Glare.

What is a High Resolution Glossy Screen with Anti-Glare? unsure.gif