13-04-2010. New MacBook Pro's Released

They did the same to the low-end iMacs. Oh well...

Apple is probably jumping directly on the LightPeak bandwagon by 2011.

Meh, its probably a discussion for another thread. LightPeak boasts all these crazy fast speeds, but my reaction is always "meh". To me its just another port for highly specialized devices (much like Firewire 600 and eSATA is, today). I would rather have something a little slower, but stays consistent with the port configuration and backwards compatibility.

This is kind of off topic a little bit, but I got my new macbook pro today from amazon (I just got the base model 15"). Anyway, I'm getting everything set up, and one thing I'm trying to find, but can't is boot camp. I was told by my co-workers that it should come with it, but ummm, where do I find it at?

Edit: I found it. Didn't know it was already installed in the utilities folder lol.

I bought a refurb. Saved myself $180. Same warranty as the brand new ones. I talked to people on the phone, and email. They both told me it's a good chance I got one thats never been used. Since the new ones are out. It was ordered this morning, shipped today, I get it tomorrow says fedex. It was to be 3-5 days. hahahahaha. I am only like three hours from where it shipped from in PA.

you will love it.. i love mine 2.66ghz c2d :D

Got the base 13" MBP. Not worth the A$400 (US$300) for a minor CPU upgrade and pathetic HDD upgrade to me. I'd rather save the money and get another iPad. :laugh:

Should I stick in my OCZ Vertex? :devil:

you will love it.. i love mine 2.66ghz c2d :D

The first one that they sent me, had to get sent back...Stuck/dead pixels...The replacement comes monday before I goto work. I didnt get to play with it for long before it was back in the box, and at fedex.

The first one that they sent me, had to get sent back...Stuck/dead pixels...The replacement comes monday before I goto work. I didnt get to play with it for long before it was back in the box, and at fedex.

Hope the next one is a good one :)

Let us know what ya think too

I shall. I am really hoping that its perfect out of the box, or I am sending it back and saying **** it, and getting a refund, and going into the store and buying new.

Caved in and upgraded to the 15" base model. Made no sense to get a Core 2 Duo in 2010. Also, lots of bugs with bootcamp is fixed with the current update. Almost 100% seamless now.

It JUST came. I was kind of worried at first because the box on top was cracked. Opened it up, the box that has the power cord, and apple stuff had a mark on it. Checked out the MBP, its fine... works good.

It JUST came. I was kind of worried at first because the box on top was cracked. Opened it up, the box that has the power cord, and apple stuff had a mark on it. Checked out the MBP, its fine... works good.

congrats! :)

:woot:

I can't keep up with nVidia's GeForce model numbering... how does the new one compare to the 9400M/9600M in the last gen Mac Book Pros?

Take Apple's benchmarks with a grain of salt, I suppose, but here: http://www.apple.com/macbookpro/performance.html

Edit: Actually, weird, I don't see benchmarks for the new 15" and 17" graphics processors (probably because the Intel HD graphics is a slight step down from the 9400M, though the discrete chip should be a big step up). The 13" MBP graphics benchmarks are at the bottom of the page, though.

For those of you that have the new macbook pro and have installed Windows 7, have you been able to update the nVidia drivers for the GT 330M? I tried installing the newest drivers (granted, they're from late last month, but the GT 330M is supposed to be supported), but I get an error saying that it couldn't find any compatible hardware for the drivers. This is kind of annoying, as I like to keep my drivers updated.

For those of you that have the new macbook pro and have installed Windows 7, have you been able to update the nVidia drivers for the GT 330M? I tried installing the newest drivers (granted, they're from late last month, but the GT 330M is supposed to be supported), but I get an error saying that it couldn't find any compatible hardware for the drivers. This is kind of annoying, as I like to keep my drivers updated.

Nope. It says no supported drivers found or something similar. I'm not sure why too.

• 3 months later...

I dont know if anyone noticed, but I was going through the website, clicked on LED Cinema display and

http://www.apple.com/displays/

"Coming September". So they didnt announce it today, but they made the changes on the store? Or am i late to the game? I know it was predicted, but I didnt see "And Cinema Display Update announced, Due September" with the iMac and Mac Pro headline. So idk.

But, yeah. I was just looking. Cool thou.

I dont know if anyone noticed, but I was going through the website, clicked on LED Cinema display and

http://www.apple.com/displays/

"Coming September". So they didnt announce it today, but they made the changes on the store? Or am i late to the game? I know it was predicted, but I didnt see "And Cinema Display Update announced, Due September" with the iMac and Mac Pro headline. So idk.

But, yeah. I was just looking. Cool thou.

Yeah, it's mentioned in the other thread. They're discontinuing the 24" and 30" models.

I'm thinking of picking up at 15'' Macbook Pro next week which goes for AUD$1,799 and if I want the hd screen its an extra $100.00.

My question is this - having never owned an Apple product like this; are Apple due to refresh their Macbook lineup? And how easy is it to dual boot with Windows 7?

I need something to replace my Asus netbook which is causing me no end of hassle at the moment...

I'm thinking of picking up at 15'' Macbook Pro next week which goes for AUD$1,799 and if I want the hd screen its an extra $100.00.

My question is this - having never owned an Apple product like this; are Apple due to refresh their Macbook lineup? And how easy is it to dual boot with Windows 7?

I need something to replace my Asus netbook which is causing me no end of hassle at the moment...

Where'd you find the 15" for so cheap? It's $2199 retail and only $2099 with student discount. :D

The next update may be somewhere in September to November but it would be a minor spec bump.

It's easy to dual boot using bootcamp. Just a word of warning, I've managed to go through quite a few (9 in total) of the i7 15" MacBook Pros and every single one of them has an issue with Windows. Its something to do with the graphics card/driver which causes it to hang. My advice would be to avoid it until Apple fixes it if you intend to use Windows as your primary OS. The issue also occurs on OS X for a number of users and some theorize it is the switchable graphics that is the cause.