[OFFICIAL] Fable 3 Details & Discussions

Yesterday i won this.

(Funny thing is i don't own a Xbox 360 :D)

Does anyone know what that USB Kinect wrist-thing is?

If i connect it to my pc it shows us up as a 2GB USB flash drive with some kinect-game folders in it but does it do something else once connected to a 360?

post-287862-12902389718984.jpg

post-287862-12902390880613.jpg

post-287862-12902392319883.jpg

Seriously, the first one with The Lost Chapters is by far way better than Fable 2 & 3, seems each one is more disappointing than the previous one, gameplay and story wise. Will not pre-order anymore Fable unless I read some good reviews.

Yesterday i won this.

(Funny thing is i don't own a Xbox 360 :D)

Does anyone know what that USB Kinect wrist-thing is?

If i connect it to my pc it shows us up as a 2GB USB flash drive with some kinect-game folders in it but does it do something else once connected to a 360?

zomg want!

The Kinect folders are probably demos

• 2 weeks later...

Chunky Fable III title update deployed

Lionhead has deployed a title update for Fable III on Xbox Live.

It fixes numerous problems. Butler Jasper won't abruptly shut his trap when you visit the Sanctuary, after all, the voice of John Cleese can't have come cheap - might as well hear it. Of course, John Cleese has been in a BioWare game before - can you remember which one?

This title update also hopes to prevent save game corruption as well as boosts general game performance and frame rate, which can be particularly choppy in same-screen co-op.

But not all hiccups have been remedied, and Lionhead asks that you please continue to be patient.

"While we make every effort to include as many upcoming changes in our patch notes as possible, please be aware that some changes are unintentionally omitted. Where possible the title update will be retroactive, meaning if you've already experienced the issue in your game it will now be resolved. This is not applicable to all solutions," the developer wrote.

Full fix-list below.

But first, Eurogamer plays 15 minutes of Fable III.

Major Fixes

Sanctuary: Fixed numerous issues whereby Jasper would stop talking or whereby the world map would become unusable

Quests: Tabletop: The Hobbes may not spawn in the last area causing the player to be unable to progress

Quest: Tabletop: Online multiplayer: Player host is unable to vault off platform to Hobbe area

Quest: Tabletop: Player can become stuck behind some rocks

Quest: Tabletop: After defeating the hollowmen in the room with the lever the player is unable to progress

Quest: The Masquerade: Player can become trapped in Reaver's mansion.

Quest: The Masquerade: Player can fall out of the world

Quest: GNOMES PART 1: Player can break script

Live: The players fall out of the world (FOOTW) when transitioning from Shifting Sands to The Veiled Path

Crash: Mourningwood guards audio

Crash: During the quest "Peace, Love and Homicide"

Minor Fixes

General improvements to performance and frame rate

World: Online multiplayer: Fast Travel area does not extend from end of level the "The Hole" to go to Mistpeak Valley

World: Player can fall out of environment in Mistpeak Valley while in combat

World: After proposing marriage, Bowerstone Castle cannot be selected as family home.

World: If client repairs a house, the house goes from renting out to living in

World: Player can become stuck during Castle Battle after vaulting over sandbags near burning cart

World: Bowerstone Industrial: Player can fall off the world

World: a fix for existing or future FOOTW situations

World: Online multiplayer: No Particle Effects on Host Screen after Marrying another Player

Live: Orbs do not always show up

Live: Online multiplayer: Fixed an issue with sliding host in the sanctuary

Live: Fixed several issues relating to gifting and receiving gifts in local and online coop

Quest: Tabletop: Breadcrumb not leading to Demonic Chickens

Saves: Fixed a few issues that could cause a corrupt save game slot

World: Driftwood: Hero can become stuck inside of tree

World: Shooting a crate creates a duplicate crate

World: Black chicken in castle gardens flies straight up into the air for several seconds when kicked

Speech: Japanese: Reaver is missing VO in one quest

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-12-01-chunky-fable-iii-title-update-deployed

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
John Cleese has been in a BioWare game before - can you remember which one

What is, Jade Empire?

Will fire this up tonight if I can finish the storyline on Mafia 2. I think I'm suffering from OverGame at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

It's painful to admit we can't yet answer any questions on the PC version of Fable III... Hopefully soon we can spill the beans!

Can someone tell me what exactly stopping them from releasing ANY info about the PC version, after such long time since their delay announcement (that didn't had any info about the game either)?

Completed the game and am now in the process of doing the boring grinding to get the achievements I have missed (books, gnomes etc)

I probably wouldn't even bother but my gf loves the game and it keeps her quiet and I get some achievements while playing co-op.

Only ones I probably won't even attempt to get are the collecting all weapons and clothes.

• 3 months later...

Going to be released on Steam on launch too (May 17).

Citing the importance of giving customers as many choices as is found throughout the Fable franchise, Microsoft Game Studios and developer Lionhead have announced that the PC version of Fable 3 will be available on both the Games for Windows Live Marketplace and Steam at launch.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/68188/fable-3s-pc-debut-available

Now which one to choose: Witcher 2, or this one :laugh:

im pretty stoked on this game coming to PC. i LOVED the first two so im really happy im going to be able to play this soon. plus i hear you can get 30-40 hours out of this game if you don't rush which sounds pretty sweet to me!

• 4 weeks later...

they toke forever to release secessor to fable TLC PC

and now we get this dumbedown B****** :( this sum it up

feel like hiting my head into a wall

This isn't the successor to Fable TLC, Fable 2 is technically and they haven't released it on PC.

This isn't the successor to Fable TLC, Fable 2 is technically and they haven't released it on PC.

doesn't change the fact that gameplay got alot worse

make me went to go back and play through TLC

F3 is so dumbeddown it sound like it is made for 5 year old kids!

No XP system

No health bar

magically teleport back to room

and No-mini map

seriously Lionhead?

• No XP system
  • No health bar
  • magically teleport back to room
  • and No-mini map

In order:

• Guild seals
  • Not a bar exactly, but a CoD style health level. It's just different.
  • It's the menu system. Is that also 'magical'?
  • There is a map, but I agree it's not a lot of use.

• 5 months later...

Having rented this game this time last year and enjoying it mainly for simplicity and the art style of the game Ive only now decided I will probably buy it discounted (feeling it did lack content based on reviews and friends), mainly posting and prompted because I just bought the Traitors Keep Quest Pack for 50% off (under 300 MS points) as part of the 10 years of Xbox anniversary sale.

• 4 weeks later...

Well seeing as I am the only one updating this thread: had to make a new character, skipped all side quests i did on my brothers console to do later, wanted to get to the DLC i paid only 2.50 for. So far I like it, again as Fable is very streamlined this much is expected but I justdis clockwork and just left the keep!