[OFFICIAL] Fable 3 Details & Discussions

Got the CE on release date. Took two vacation days. Just finished my first two "days" as king. Game is awesome so far.

Got the CE on release date. Took two vacation days. Just finished my first two "days" as king. Game is awesome so far.

Dang, you went through the game fast.

Dang, you went through the game fast.

Main story is very short. The entire game is short. I'm already at 795GS, I'll have all the books/keys/gnomes (all of have like 10 left and I just started to use the guide) shortly. Still a great game. Loving it!

Only decision I regret making as queen, is the drinking one. Every town has multiply people stumbling the streets and throwing up. It's trashy.

ok where do i get the sword from that comes with the best buy preorder :/

In the 'main' sanctuary room there is a small section where you get gifts from townspeople, friends, etc... You have to walk up to it and open each gift and one of them should say Inquisitor Sword by Lionhead.

In the 'main' sanctuary room there is a small section where you get gifts from townspeople, friends, etc... You have to walk up to it and open each gift and one of them should say Inquisitor Sword by Lionhead.

nope not there yet

ok how do i view active quest :/ looked in the manual but i see nothing

Loving this game also, but i keep noticing i'm having troubles blocking with my hammer in melee - I'll hold X but instead of blocking it does not seem to register and i just sit there, and there's no quick way to block with the hammer so it's useless unless i anticipate damage - in which case it's usually easier to just zap em quickly with magic or get blows in before they can react.

nope not there yet

ok how do i view active quest :/ looked in the manual but i see nothing

Gee, Lionhead and their 'no menus' design lol. To view the active quests go to the world map and press Y to view your current active quests =]

Gee, Lionhead and their 'no menus' design lol. To view the active quests go to the world map and press Y to view your current active quests =]

yea it just opened for me and i get my sword after i wtfpwnd the bandit leader

Finished the main storyline, last night. Seemed very short. I think, if I played straight through the main story without doing any side quests (of which I did many), it would have taken me maybe 3 1/2 hours and more than a third of that seemed just to be cut scenes. Was this slightly unsatisfying to anyone else?

Fable II seemed a bit more gratifying, and certainly seemed more of an open world, whereas this one seems to focus a little too strongly on just the main story, for my taste. They don't have anything--as far as I've seen--like the Crucible, or the Troll killing quests, or the statue posing quests. Just a lot of "Can you find my buried treasure?", "Can you take this to my friend in another town?" type quests. I also don't like that there's no longer a health or XP bar of any sort. There's no way to tell the virtual time. The world seems incredibly small. There isn't a large variety of characters. There are apparently very few choices in wardrobe and hair (I'm a girl, and I love to shop--give me a break). And something that really tweaked my cookie is that there's apparently no indicator on the map as to where you are, so navigating is a bit of a hassle.

I do, however, love the Sanctuary and the map graphics. Very neat way of doing it. I also like the way they handled the jobs a bit more.

Also, I kept all of my promises which killed almost everyone, and now that the story is over there's basically nothing to do but a handful of side quests. None of the shops are open because there's no one to run them, there are no townsfolk walking around to interact with, absolutely nothing but those side quests which I have to actively search my map for, since they aren't all over the place. On top of that, there wasn't really any sort of real payoff at the end for whatever path you chose to take. It just kind of ended, all of the main characters disappeared, and everyone is gone with apparently no way to repopulate the towns. I can only imagine that they're planning on butt-loads of DC in the near future.

I'm generally not such a critical player (except when it came to Saints Row II) and I really want to love this game as much as I loved Fable II, and maybe once I give the multiplayer mode a go I will. Right now, though, the game seems very unfinished and literally only a fraction of the previous game.

But I'll give it a few more weeks.

Dang....other people on forums are saying it's taking them twice as long as Fable 2, and so much more to explore.

Well hopefully I'm missing something, then. There's maybe one or two towns that I haven't opened up yet, but other than that it seems I'm pretty much complete. And I didn't spend that much time playing.

I'm going to restart tonight, I think, and hopefully find something I've missed.

Has anybody beat the game as a guy? I'm only missing the King's Suit for the "Fashion Victim" achievement and I can't find it anywhere in-game. I'm thinking you only get if your a male and vice versa with females with Queen's Suit.

Just need ya to gift to me, achievement unlocks and I'll gift it back. :)

Finished the main storyline, last night. Seemed very short. I think, if I played straight through the main story without doing any side quests (of which I did many), it would have taken me maybe 3 1/2 hours and more than a third of that seemed just to be cut scenes. Was this slightly unsatisfying to anyone else?

Fable II seemed a bit more gratifying, and certainly seemed more of an open world, whereas this one seems to focus a little too strongly on just the main story, for my taste. They don't have anything--as far as I've seen--like the Crucible, or the Troll killing quests, or the statue posing quests. Just a lot of "Can you find my buried treasure?", "Can you take this to my friend in another town?" type quests. I also don't like that there's no longer a health or XP bar of any sort. There's no way to tell the virtual time. The world seems incredibly small. There isn't a large variety of characters. There are apparently very few choices in wardrobe and hair (I'm a girl, and I love to shop--give me a break). And something that really tweaked my cookie is that there's apparently no indicator on the map as to where you are, so navigating is a bit of a hassle.

I do, however, love the Sanctuary and the map graphics. Very neat way of doing it. I also like the way they handled the jobs a bit more.

Also, I kept all of my promises which killed almost everyone, and now that the story is over there's basically nothing to do but a handful of side quests. None of the shops are open because there's no one to run them, there are no townsfolk walking around to interact with, absolutely nothing but those side quests which I have to actively search my map for, since they aren't all over the place. On top of that, there wasn't really any sort of real payoff at the end for whatever path you chose to take. It just kind of ended, all of the main characters disappeared, and everyone is gone with apparently no way to repopulate the towns. I can only imagine that they're planning on butt-loads of DC in the near future.

I'm generally not such a critical player (except when it came to Saints Row II) and I really want to love this game as much as I loved Fable II, and maybe once I give the multiplayer mode a go I will. Right now, though, the game seems very unfinished and literally only a fraction of the previous game.

But I'll give it a few more weeks.

No clue how you figure it's only 3 hours. My character glitched out (awesome) and is falling through the world, i've been playing my 2nd character for about 5 hours now and skipping most cut scenes and i'm not yet at part 2.

No clue how you figure it's only 3 hours. My character glitched out (awesome) and is falling through the world, i've been playing my 2nd character for about 5 hours now and skipping most cut scenes and i'm not yet at part 2.

yea my first toon glitched at 3 hours in this is my 2nd and im at about 6 NO idea how they think 3 hours

Are you spending any time on side quests, too?

I bought the game on the release date (about 7:30 that evening). I played for maybe a half hour to an hour that night, but didn't get to really dive into it until the next afternoon after work; I finished the main quest line that night. I played for more than 3 1/2 hours, obviously, but I spent a lot of time on side quests, earning money through jobs and exploring for different clothes and hair styles. I detached from the main quest for a few hours, and I played for maybe a total of 8-9 hours before the main quest was complete. So, my estimate is that, taking out the time I spent on side quests and exploring, and if I were doing the bare minimum for the main quests, it'd have taken me about 3 1/2 to 5 hours to complete.

Regardless of the exact time it took, it seemed awfully short to me. I'm not the type of person to like to rush through a game/campaign and I don't get to play all afternoon/evening every day, so it generally takes me at least a week or two to complete one--and that's the way I like it. I finished this one pretty much the first day I owned it, without trying to rush through it, or spend the entire day on it.

That's just my experience with it.

I've started a new character, and will be playing through, again.

Hopefully I'll have people left in my towns, after this one.

And by the way: I do like the game. It's enjoyable. And I would recommend it to other people (including you, Pupik). After Fable II and probably from spending so much time in Oblivion lately, it just seems to have fallen quite a bit short from my expectations.

I have seen upwards of 22 hours, but not all quests completed.

I'm around 30, but i'm also 2 achievements shy of having the full 1k. If I had a guide for all the collectibles from the get-go and didn't search myself, could probably have done everything up to this point in 20 or less easily. It's not a long game to beat. Fun however.

Edit: Fable 3 full GS!

2nd on TA and 18th on MGC.

Amazon haven't sent me my code yet. But apparently it's a bit broken, it doesn't actually keep any of your personalisation and just makes a random person.

Plus I have no idea how to get my kingmaker gold into the game. I link it to my account but it doesn't seem to have worked...

I'm really enjoying the game but that Max Payne style bullet time shooting thing is REALLY annoying as gameplay doesn't seem to stop. :[

Enemies will keep coming at you and attacking you when you can't see any of the action.

Has anybody beat the game as a guy? I'm only missing the King's Suit for the "Fashion Victim" achievement and I can't find it anywhere in-game. I'm thinking you only get if your a male and vice versa with females with Queen's Suit.

Just need ya to gift to me, achievement unlocks and I'll gift it back. :)

You're going to have to trade with someone over Live to get the King's suit or play another game and trade with yourself. I've been working on multiple guides (for multiple games) so my progress in the game is almost to that point to be able to trade it for you (and then back) unless someone else does before I'm there.

Edit: Nevermind, while reading other replies afterwards you said you now have all 1k gamerscore in the game. :)