WWDC Summary

i'm more excited about Panther now!!! my god... the new Finder is just awesome!!! Expose... with mx500, Expose is.... i'm speechless... :woot:

i wish i had gone today and gotten that developer edition of panther...and the free iSights! lucky ######...

It all looks good, and it seems apple was smart to go to IBM. Though one thing I want to see is how the G5 fares against the Athlon 64. Since they both would be the most similar of the chips between x86 and ppc.

It all looks good, and it seems apple was smart to go to IBM. Though one thing I want to see is how the G5 fares against the Athlon 64. Since they both would be the most similar of the chips between x86 and ppc.

could be a reason why apple only compared the new machines to pentium...perhaps the athlon comes close...im sure it still gets owned though

I would probably see that happening, but it would be nice to know exactaly how the benchmarks were done, whether the programs were recompiled for 64bit for the mac or not, which would make a huge difference. Now if those were 32bit, I'm really impressed. Now I just have to get some money for a G5, stupid college

:(