Darkside enabled on the forums

I do not know if this is intentional behavior but I cannot change to the Darkside (forum) theme without logging in. It works fine with the News page.

This is by design.

Ignition is made by Neowin just like Atlas. But Atlas on the forums is strict. Why? Because IPB is a server software they use and it is not made by them. If they want to change the work it works, they introduce hacks. More and more hacks will cause Neowin to have trouble during an IPB upgrade. Upgrading IPB last time was very difficult. Now you must log in because it is one of the features of being a member, just like a blog is a feature for a subscriber. So it could be impossible without a hack or it could be they want you to become a member. Either way, Ignition is made by them and so they can make it work the way they want it to without hacks. So it was designed to work without logging in. Take into note, Ignition is designed to change it's look without refreshing the page, you cannot do that on the forums because skins work differently on it. It may look the same but it is functioning completely different from Ignition.

Bout time! :P

Awesome work, been the only thing bugging me since Atlas was released, the lack of consistency and a dark theme on the forums (Atlas Black just wasn't dark enough for me).

EDIT: The blush smilie seems to have been missed (white background).

When posting a reply the emoticons box is not working for whatever reason (not a major problem for me as I virtually never use emoticons past the autoparse ones), worked fine in the other themes (Opera 10.10).

Wow nice job! Thanks for working so hard on the forums Mod team :)

I love the option to change the theme right on the front page too, great feature (Y)

Hi, I made a stylish script for Darkside, so you guys can tweak away at stuff I've already set. It's kinda neither here or there.

I started the script before it was updated, so there may be things in here that don't actually need to be here. Enjoy.

.. Or not.

@namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("www.neowin.net") {

/* **** BELOW ARE TWEAKS FOR ZE POSTBIT! **** */

/* alter quote boxes so they are more like comments on neowins main page */
p.citation, div.blockquote { border: 0 !important; background-color: #232323 !important; color: #888 !important; -moz-border-radius:5px 5px 0px 0px !important; }
div.blockquote { border-top: 0 !important; }

/* Darken the 0 reputation box */
span.zero { background-color: #222 !important; }

/* Darken the font for positive rep */
.positive { color: #222 !important; }

/* darken the attachment background colour */
#attach_wrap { background-color: #010101 !important; border: 1px solid #333 !important; color: #888 !important; }

/* **** BELOW ARE TEXTAREA/EDITOR TOOLBAR TWEAKS **** */

/* Darken the textarea toolbars (as in, the background of the bold, italic, underline, etc bit on the reply boxes) */
ul.toolbar, #fast-reply_showall_bar, #fast-reply_showall_bar { border: 0 !important; background-color: #444 !important; }

/* remove the borders around the toolbar icons (bold, italic etc) */
.rte_control, .rte_button, #editor_fast-reply, .ips_editor { border: 0px !important; }

/* change the hover state for the toolbar buttons (mouseover to make it go darker dammit!) */
.rte_button:hover, .rte_control:hover { background-color: #444 !important; }

/* alter the colours and the emoticons button for the editor sidebar (this tweak is a bit weird...) */
#fast-reply_sidebar { border: 0 !important; }
#fast-reply_showall_bar { padding-bottom: 10px !important; }
#fast-reply_sidebar input { border: 0 !important; color: #333 !important; padding-left: 8px !important; padding-right: 8px !important; }

/* **** BELOW ARE FULL PAGE SPY TWEAKS **** */

/* green spy colours */
.row222 { background-color: #182d1e !important; }

/* red spy colours */
.row22 { background-color: #2d1818 !important; }

/* **** BELOW ARE USER PROFILE TWEAKS **** */

/* User profile link colours (About Me / Topics / Posts etc) */
.tab-bar a { color: #ccc !important; text-shadow: #000 1px 1px 0px !important; }
.tab-bar a:hover { color: #111 !important; text-shadow: #aaa 1px 1px 0px !important; }

/* Fix the bright colours in user profile, and a few other tweaks i didn't really want to do */
.posted_info { background-color: #232323 !important; color: #6e6e6e !important; padding-top: 5px !important; }
#tab_topics h4 { padding-bottom: 6px !important; background: url('https://www.neowin.net/images/atlas/darkside/bar_bg.png') repeat-x top left !important; color: #aaa !important; }
#tab_posts h4 { padding-bottom: 6px !important; background: url('https://www.neowin.net/images/atlas/darkside/bar_bg.png') repeat-x top left !important; color: #aaa !important; }
.post_body { background-color: #1b1b1b !important; color: #bbb !important; border-bottom-width: 0 !important; }

/* **** BELOW ARE BLOG TWEAKS **** */

/* colour the tab at the top and the post background */
.blog_top_tab, .comment { background-color: #111 !important; }

/* re-colour hose vile greeny border thingies */
.comment { border-color: #363636 !important; }

/* tone down some more border colours */
.entry, .noheaderbox { border-top-color: #232323 !important; }
.entry_header { border-bottom-color: #565656 !important; }

/* change the colour of blog entry titles and the 'hover' colour too */
.entry_header a { color: #999 !important; }
.entry_header a:hover { color: #653334 !important; }

/* **** BELOW ARE MY OWN PERSONAL TWEAKS **** */

/* **** Delete them if you want, as they may reduce 
 	usability in favour of cosmetics **** */

/* centre align and force fixed width. Note: this will seriously screw up blogs, so don't bother unless you don't use blogs */
#ipboard_body { width: 990px !important; margin: auto !important; }

/* this will hide the whole 'active users' thing at the bottom untill you pass your mouse over it. Voila! Not really recommended but it's cool */
div#active_users .name, div#cal_bdays { display: none !important; }
#board_statistics:hover div#active_users .name, #board_statistics:hover div#cal_bdays { display: inline !important; }

/* Hide all the blinding font colours (Removes most font colours though - so subscribers lose orange, admins lose purple etc. Everyone will be standard blue. A few other nasty font-colour related things happen too, so... use wisely!) */
span { color: inherit !important; }

}

Where do we go to enable themes?!?! I looked all through my User settings and can't find it!

RottGutt

Top right hand corner of the page there are 3 coloured circles, click those and choose the theme you want.

The only issue I'm seeing is on the Fast Reply box... The emoticon icon has some white pixels around the sides that clash against the dark background.

emoticons.png

The only issue I'm seeing is on the Fast Reply box... The emoticon icon has some white pixels around the sides that clash against the dark background.

emoticons.png

So what do you get when you actually click that? I get this... same as Avogadro

grab.png

...empty :( <--as you can see, manually typing the face is no-go either.

So what do you get when you actually click that? I get this... same as Avogadro

grab.png

...empty :( <--as you can see, manually typing the face is no-go either.

I should have mentioned that doesn't work for me, either.

I am guessing they're disabled because of the white halos (an example of which is you're seeing on the toolbar button). Or theres some addon the guys need to install to make it work on a new theme.

*shrug*