Neowin iChat Buddies :D

its quite odd having this many mac users on my list now and only 2 are listening to any music lol

Wicked, How can you tell people are listening to muisc :blink: is there some way of knowing what iTunes is playing?

I'd like to know the same thing. I just added all the names to iChat, and Synerage is listening to Seal, weelilcat is 'quiet' and mac15mac is 'off'.

How do you add this functionality?

Ok, I'm in.

AIM: Jack31081

PS - Is there a way to make buddy groups in iChat, so I can keep all these names straight?

if you are wanting groups, go to View>show groups, then make whatever group and drag the names into it

i take it ichat is an instant messenger for macs??

shame it doesnt work on windows based pcs

ill stick with irc it works with macs and pcs

uh the uneducated

ichat is an AOL instant messanging client but its built into Mac OS X. Its a mac app but its an AIM client so it works with all your PC versions of AIM. its a simple thing

I'm a mac user, to be honest, iChat sucks (I can't pass judgment on iChat AV, but this one sucks hardcore) Switch to Proteus.

i think iChat is pretty good, i like the interface a lot. i wish ICQ (Mac) looks like this..

nooooo i've been found listening to "The Simpsons" !!!!!!!!! :cry: lol

Oh and may I add....... WickedKitten seems to be a bit of a Sugerbabes fan :x :rofl:

Edited by danbalsh

Well I'll be using a pc for the next month...or until the G5 comes out. So if you'll still have me, my aim is chaddwyk. my .mac is chadrs@mac.com. I, of course, won't be on .mac anytime soon, but you can find me on aim all the time.

i forgot with iChat A/V we can make buddy groups...makes things a lot easier. BTW, i did try proteus and it was giving me lip about not being able to connect...and doesnt it cost money?

i forgot with iChat A/V we can make buddy groups...makes things a lot easier. BTW, i did try proteus and it was giving me lip about not being able to connect...and doesnt it cost money?

if you go and manually reinput your connctions again it should work. And as of yet there is no set time period nor any limitations to the free version (apart from popups) this may or may not change in the future.