Neowin iChat Buddies :D

It doesn't support other protocols. I just have too many people that I talk with on MSN so iChat is out for me. :(

It's the same for me, just replace "MSN" with "ICQ" :)

iChat is very simple, looks BETTER IMO than Adium, and works! I have forced ALL my buddies onto AIM from MSN, and its great. I really don't think i'd want much more from iChat, because them it becomes bloated like AIM, if i want stocks and shares, i'll look them up, WHY would i want it @ the bottom of my buddylist?! ... I See no correlation between the two!

iChat is very simple, looks BETTER IMO than Adium, and works! I have forced ALL my buddies onto AIM from MSN, and its great. I really don't think i'd want much more from iChat, because them it becomes bloated like AIM, if i want stocks and shares, i'll look them up, WHY would i want it @ the bottom of my buddylist?! ... I See no correlation between the two!

Yep, the AOL software is crap and bloat ware :(

I would like to see MSN support in iChat 2.0 Final though :p

Yep, the AOL software is crap and bloat ware :(

I would like to see MSN support in iChat 2.0 Final though :p

I believe that if iChat had MSN support I would make the switch from Proteus. It would even be enough for them to allow it to handle plugins so that someone could write a protocol plugin for it. I really like the software, especially with the new AV, but I just can't see having two instant messenger apps on my machine of one of them doesn't even allow me to talk to half my contacts. :no:

I just send feedback to Apple about multiple protocols. If any other people would like to send feedback, it would encourage Apple to include it. :happy:

I just send feedback to Apple about multiple protocols. If any other people would like to send feedback, it would encourage Apple to include it. :happy:

Let us know if they reply and what they say. (Y)

Let us know if they reply and what they say. (Y)

They don't reply to "suggestions", but they apparently take what their customers say, on board ... maybe we should all do it?! :p

They don't reply to "suggestions", but they apparently take what their customers say, on board ... maybe we should all do it?! :p

Yes, go, go, go. Spam their suggestions server with requests for multiple protocols in iChat. :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

The thread revival..but hey I don't remember putting my SN here. A good chance for fellow old/new neowin mac heads to chat..

So here is my SN in ichat: evilwayvos

Oi, old topics shall be made anew! My AIM (and consequently iChat SN is "tehr0bbage".

• 4 weeks later...

XxiNickxXx - iChat AV Tiger Video/Audio conferencing available. :)