Mini spy enabled again & FAQ

Well the mini spy is back, after extensive changes to the code, we hope that it is now ready for primetime.

A few changes, please review the image below for how it now works:

post-2-12670896157427_thumb.png

Note: You will see topics appear in the mini spy more than once, as this now represents "active" topics as well as the latest contributions to the board. This is by design! It will also never be 10 entries, we dropped the ability to expand it to 10 due to the fact that we have a full spy now, mini spy does exactly what it is intended for, a reduced full spy.

You can now completely disable the mini spy, to re-enable it go here: https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=forums scroll to the bottom for 2 options:

- Disable mini Spy, clear the checkbox to re-enable it (if you disabled it from the forums).

- Filter non-technical Forums, select the checkbox to hide any non related tech posts (or safe for work mode).

post-2-12670896180401_thumb.png

Enjoy! Here's hoping it stays for everyone now.

I've disabled the mini-spy but it still shows up on /forum/index - bug?

Worth noting that I am stuck on IE6 here.

Edit* And now it is showing up everywhere. Tried changing my settings, I disable, click "Save settings" but when the page refresh. The option to Disable mini-spy is still without a check?

It's probably IE6, maybe Redmak can fix it, I'll ask.

Cheers, not really a huge issue. Considering I do most of my surfing at home on IE8/Chrome. It is just the stupid work boxes *kicks PC* that have IE6 on.

Ok , here's a weird thing... When AdThwart is Enabled , Mini-spy showes up for like 2 sec and becomes hidden after that. Disabling AdThwart fixed the problem , it treats the Mini-Spy as it's an ad !

Ok , here's a weird thing... When AdThwart is Enabled , Mini-spy showes up for like 2 sec and becomes hidden after that. Disabling AdThwart fixed the problem , it treats the Mini-Spy as it's an ad !

Pretty sure Neowin devs designed it like that. Their line of thinking is "if you are going to block ads on Neowin, then you can't have access to one of the most coolest features, ever!". Obviously not in that childish tone of voice :D

• Like 1

Yeah, you lose such privileges by using an ad-blocker on Neowin. :p

I love the refinements guys. I would like a way to collapse it as well as remove it though *nitpicky*. :p

Could you add laser powered missiles to it also :p ?

Maybe Redmak can put one in. Neowin could always do with laser powered missiles.

... How would that even work? *questions own existence*