CANADA WINS GOLD 2010 Olympic Men's Hockey

Quote from Kandahar Afganistan: "CANADA AND USA... BROTHERS IN ARMS, [bUT] NOT ON THE ICE"

From a group of talented players, to a bonafide team, Canada clinched the gold medal in men's Hockey on 28 Feb 2010 against the United States of America.

With a hot start 12:50 in by Winnipeg native, Jonathan Toews -- Canada pulled ahead 1-0

Leading 2-0 after 32 minutes of hockey, the US showed signs of increased life and managed to bring the tally up 2-1.

For the first 7 minutes of the third period, Canada held off the American onslaught with both teams making a solid effort to score.

Player tension obviously running high with scuffles following nearly every whistle; Canada was beginning to look like they were ready to crack under constant American pressure.

With a breakaway chance by Canada's Sidney Crosby at 3 minutes left of regulation play, the stands erupted in uncharacteristic Canadian patriotic pride and continued at pace for almost 2 minutes until the American last ditch time out at 1:17 remaining. Both coaches, furious with ambition detailed their last ditch efforts for domination. With a face-off in the Canadian zone and the American's with an empty net, the fever pitch inside the arena reached boiling as American, Zach Parise tied it up 2-2 with 24.4 seconds left.

Canada regained composure during overtime with Crosby scoring the game winner. What an epic finish for an epic game.

Huge hits, perfect plays and and overall great hockey, both sides played hard. Almost evenly matched in skill, this game was won on heart and National Pride.

Those in attendance for this historic event include: Prime Minister Harper, William Shatner, Vince Vaughn, Michael J Fox, and numerous other celebrities.

(Brian Donohue posted to Neowin)

Give it up for Canada, what a game! I was on the edge of my seat the entire time.

Catch the highlights where ever you watch your sports coverage. I use www.ctvolympics.ca

Our Father, who art in GM Place, hockey be thy name.

Thy will be done, GOLD to be WON on ICE as well as IN THE STANDS.

Give us this day, our hockey sticks, and forgive us our penalties, as we forgive those who crosscheck against us.

Lead us not into elimination, but deliver us to victory,

in the name of the fans, CANADA, and the HOLY PUCK.

AMEN!

• Like 2

Was an exceptionally good game, I feel honored to have watched it. Though I was on the edge of my seat for Team USA, I have to say, good game Canada.

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo 14 golds and this one is icing on the cake :D

GO CANADA :D

OP, you posting this from Afghanistan?

Negative, no longer a Forces member, but obviously still support our troops... I saw the sign they were holding up, that's where the quote's from.