CANADA WINS GOLD 2010 Olympic Men's Hockey

yeah and those shows have intelligence written all over them...

no one wonder you don't like hockey, not smart enough to keep up with it.

Hold on now, not smart enough to keep up with hockey?

Surely you jest.

troll-web1asd.jpg

That has to be the worst 'don't feed the troll' image, ever.

MSPaint FTW?

Really? When the USA wins a medal, I typically don't go out in the streets and start chanting 'F***' the other country.

Exactly, and neither do I when Canada wins...

I am so sad I missed the game. Was with a ex working things out and was on a walk and heard screams and chants everywhere around me. I was not in toronto at the time so it seems everywhere at that moment everyone lept put of their seats and cheered. Heading back on a via rail train back to toronto now I bet the streets are still packed with people.

Im trying to recall the last time i ran out of my house yelling "**** ( insert country name here)" after the US won a gold medal. Thats just pretty sad to see a host country get caught doing that.

:no:

Some people seem to think this happened after Canada won the gold medal game.

Look at the date it was posted. This happened way before the game today.

Hold on now, not smart enough to keep up with hockey?

Surely you jest.

That has to be the worst 'don't feed the troll' image, ever.

MSPaint FTW?

it was a joke, i mean it's not like fox needed to put a glowing streak on the puck so american viewers could follow the action or anything ;)

i googled it...

Thats a pretty big bunch of douchebags..

Im trying to recall the last time i ran out of my house yelling "**** ( insert country name here)" after the US won a gold medal. Thats just pretty sad to see a host country get caught doing that.

you know that video was done before the game right? and you are actually taking the example of what a few people did to represent an entire country? really, this coming from an american who's country's entire image was tarnished by ONE man...

Way to handle it with class, Canada

Above link has NSFW language

In our defense, these people were most likely drunk and it was just after we LOST to Team USA on the 22nd. Take a look at the date the clip was posted. Not saying that makes it right, but perhaps a bit less distateful than if it were to have happened today.

I am so sad I missed the game. Was with a ex working things out and was on a walk and heard screams and chants everywhere around me. I was not in toronto at the time so it seems everywhere at that moment everyone lept put of their seats and cheered. Heading back on a via rail train back to toronto now I bet the streets are still packed with people.

im just saying... but if you're girl is making you miss the biggest hockey game in recent memory, she's not worth keeping...

im just saying... but if you're girl is making you miss the biggest hockey game in recent memory, she's not worth keeping...

QFT x over 9000

Some people seem to think this happened after Canada won the gold medal game.

Look at the date it was posted. This happened way before the game today.

Oh you're right. Haha, didn't even notice that.

And didn't a major news network in the US make fun of Canada one time?

Remember the massive scale of the riots after the Lakers won the first of their three-peat championships. I don't remember ever thinking those rioters were representative of the city. It's going take alot more than a group of drunk douchebags to ruin my mood.

Remember the massive scale of the riots after the Lakers won the first of their three-peat championships. I don't remember ever thinking those rioters were representative of the city. It's going take alot more than a group of drunk douchebags to ruin my mood.

thats pretty much it.... americans like to pick up more dirt because they are sore losers :) ( thats what i've gathered from this thread.... how many times have has this happened before and suddenly it representive of a whole country because the us lost.... oh please :rolleyes: )

btw, here they count the top medal country by most gold where as in canada and us it is by most medals in total...i found that interesting...

How about we find some videos of Americans being "racist, rue etc...." post it and call them out oh it?. Geez we are happy about the win, some people do dumb **** get over it; you should be happy your team got so far... geez....

Best game I've ever seen!

Wow so epic, I'll NEVER forget that game and where I was when Crosby scored.

That game was legendary!!

Press release from CTV:

Oh Canada!! 16.6 Million Watch Team Canada Ignite a Nation

– 14.3 million watch Closing Ceremony as Vancouver 2010 comes to a close –

Vancouver, BC (March 1, 2010) – It was an epic game that delivered an epic audience. Yesterday’s gold medal Men’s Hockey game has become the most-watched television broadcast ever in Canadian history, with an average audience of 16.6 million viewers. Nearly half of the Canadian population watched the entire game on average, while 80% of Canadians watched some part of the game (26.5 million). The game aired live on nine television networks in eight languages via Canada’s Olympic Broadcast Media Consortium.

“Crosby scores! Sidney Crosby! The golden goal! And Canada has once-in-a-lifetime Olympic gold!,” called play-by-play announcer Chris Cuthbert as Canada clinched its record-breaking 14th gold medal. “These Golden Games have their crowning moment.”

Additionally, the 2010 Winter Games Closing Ceremony becomes the second most-watched broadcast ever, as 14.3 million viewers said goodbye to Vancouver 2010. A total of 24.5 million watched some part of the broadcast.

Detailed ratings summary to follow.

About Canada’s Olympic Broadcast Media Consortium

Canada’s Olympic Broadcast Media Consortium is a unique relationship between leading media conglomerates CTV Inc. and Rogers Media Inc., which together provided unprecedented coverage and consumer choice in English, French and multi-languages on multiple platforms for the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games. The partnership will continue for the upcoming 2010 Paralympic Winter Games and the London 2012 Games of the Olympiad. Official brands include CTV, TSN, RDS, RIS Info Sports, Rogers Sportsnet, OMNI, OLN, V, APTN, ATN, CTVOlympics.ca, RDSolympiques.ca, The Globe and Mail, Corus Québec and select Rogers radio stations across the country.

An average of 16.6 millions Canadians watched the game. A total of 26.5 watched part of it. That is for 33 millions people living here.

That is very impressive numbers.

Wow I just can't believe the amount of people that watched that game!

I also can't believe I made it into work today! haahha

Like it wasn't enough Crosby against Miller tomorrow night, way to go Crosby :p.

Just a thought here about the Russian, they were one of the favorite in this tournament, I hope they got their lesson... (team play) I was really disappointed by this team. And god I hate this player Kovalchuk hopefully this guy will go in the KHL next Year asking for money if it's money you want then go away learn how to play as a team! selfish player.

An average of 16.6 millions Canadians watched the game. A total of 26.5 watched part of it. That is for 33 millions people living here.

Yes it is. Canada should be proud.

I'm Andrew Lyle, and I approve of this thread!

(Y) Awesome game by Team Canada!

Press release from CTV:

Yeah, 26.5 million people. For a country that's usually quiet and not really patriotic - until the last few weeks anyway - this is outstanding. :p