USB storage coming to Xbox 360?

I guess they are forcing you to buy their sticks? but yes.. it would be if this is true.. again I don't know. I read it over once and I was like oh ok.

Most things posted on XBL tend to be complete ****. I wouldn't worry about it.

Now if only I could use a cheap wifi adapter then I would defo buy a 360, still on the fence :p but the temptation is getting stronger :devil:

Now if only I could use a cheap wifi adapter then I would defo buy a 360, still on the fence :p but the temptation is getting stronger :devil:

You can do that.

You can even bridge it with a laptop & use ICS if you like.

I can use any wifi adapter??? I have a n based one lying about.

I don't want to use my laptop when I wanna go online etc..

I have an old wifi router, but doesn't support WPA2 so I can't use that as an access point on my current wifi.

I can use any wifi adapter??? I have a n based one lying about.

I don't want to use my laptop when I wanna go online etc..

I have an old wifi router, but doesn't support WPA2 so I can't use that as an access point on my current wifi.

No you can't use a standard wireless adapter, you can however use 2 old white BT homehubs :) can sometimes get them pretty cheap on ebay.

Any ethernet adapter. Not USB adapter.

USB = requires drivers, the ethernet devices are self-sufficient but will require you to configure it.

Tbh you're better off just buying a MS adapter. I saw the Wireless N adapter for £35 the other week from Sainsburys. Saves you all the trouble of these work-arounds and "it just works".

(or if you don't have a Sainburys near you, http://www.shopto.ne...tor%20New.html)

What's so off putting about that? Faster than the PS3 wireless adapter ;) :p

lol just because its n doesn't mean faster, your only as fast as the download from servers :p But you know that :rolleyes:

Every now and then I get the urge to buy a 360 but having to pay for "extras" puts me off. Live membership, hard-drive (if I didn't get elite version) and wireless adapter. But somehow I imagine I'll get a 360, somehow. Winning one would be ideal :D

Well I am a Networking & system support student, I'm pretty sure I knew that :p I even dream of Cisco, it's quite alarming really lol.

I meant faster for local streaming.

I guess they are forcing you to buy their sticks? but yes.. it would be if this is true.. again I don't know. I read it over once and I was like oh ok.

It worked for me with a 16gb play.com branded one. I'm not sure how the price of one of theirs compares to other brands though.

Well I am a Networking & system support student, I'm pretty sure I knew that :p I even dream of Cisco, it's quite alarming really lol.

I meant faster for local streaming.

Yeah if your router supports it, otherwise more costs :(

Yeah if your router supports it, otherwise more costs :(

That too. N routers are pretty cheap nowadays. At least compared to what they were :p

I have a 160GB HDD here and when I put that in an enclosure and format it and stuff (it's from an old Sky box), if I plug it into my 360, will it only use 16GB of it and I can use the rest, either via partitioning of the drive or will it mess it up and format it to 16GB?

Sorry I meant it as does the Xbox 360 support NTFS now or only FAT32?

It formats the drive to FATx, the file system the 360 uses. It's not a case of using any file system you like now.

So if I give it this 160GB drive it'll just format it all to xFAT, or format it to 16GB with xFAT, or partition it- but the latter isn't possible, is it...

Your Q I'm uncertain of, I think you'll need to experiment a little unless someone else knows the answer. You can have up to 32GB of space with this update. Whether or not a partition HDD will work is unclear.

Major Nelson's blog said it'd use as much space as possible & then free the rest of the drive for anything else iirc.

You will then be able to configure how much storage to use on the device, up to 16 GB. The remaining space on the flash drive will be accessible by your PC or Mac.

and then

The system won?t just configure the device once it is connected to the console. You?ll need to head to the memory area in system settings, select your USB Device, and choose from Configure Now (Format and Configure the Full Device), or Customize (you can choose how much memory you want configured for Xbox360 from the free space on the device.)

So perhaps you can format 16GB and then another 16GB after that. Only one way to find out?

Your Q I'm uncertain of, I think you'll need to experiment a little unless someone else knows the answer. You can have up to 32GB of space with this update. Whether or not a partition HDD will work is unclear.

Major Nelson's blog said it'd use as much space as possible & then free the rest of the drive for anything else iirc.

and then

So perhaps you can format 16GB and then another 16GB after that. Only one way to find out?

HarryHill_fight-1.jpg

I was under the impression that it was 16GB per device.