Gundam Discussion Thread

Loving that MS-09 Dom - Custom Build a lot! Also Blitz Gundam looks pretty great as well!

21.png

Source: Gundam Papercraft: Delta Gundam

This one looks REALLY great! :o

11.jpg

Source: HGUC 1/144 Sazabi - Customized Build

So does this Sazabi Customized Build. This one looks really epic! :o The added details are gorgeous and really makes the suit look like a MG/PG Gunpla. That's some serious talent!

11631-3.jpg

http://gundamguy.blo...x-3-custom.html

1.jpg

The Keikyu Corporation announced that their Grand Pacific Le Daiba hotel in Odaiba, Tokyo will begin offering a Gundam-themed room for customers to stay in beginning June 29. The room is being offered in collaboration with the Gundam Front Tokyo entertainment complex located near the newly rebuilt 1/1 Gundam statue.

The "Room-G Special Type" suite features an Earth Federation-themed living room and and Zeon-themed bedroom, totaling 84 square meters (about 900 square feet) of space. The room will feature Gundam art on its walls, as well as Gundam-themed chairs, room keys, towels, and more. Visitors staying in the room will also be able to order from a special Gundam-themed room service menu. While the room and hotel are located near the 1/1 Gundam statue, it will not be viewable from the room.

2.jpg

The room will cost 26,000 yen (about US$330) a person if it is reserved for two, and 25,000 yen (about US$317) a person if it is reserved for three. Up to three individuals may stay in the room at one time, and only one-night stays in the room can be booked.

The hotel is also offering a "Room-G Standard Type" room plan, where parts of a standard 42-square-meter (about 450 square feet) room are arranged to be Gundam themed. The Standard Type room will cost 13,500 yen (about US$171) per person per night when reserved for two, and 12,500 yen (about US$158) per person per night when reserved for three.

Each room will also come with tickets for the Gundam Front complex. Reservations for the rooms will open June 11.

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Link works now though, forgot a tag :)

Loving that Crossbone Gundam X-3 a lot! Also, that hotel room looks nice to visit sometime, haha :p

Another great papercraft! Look at the details in this one:

34.jpg

Source: Gundam Papercraft: RX-93 Nu Gundam

Well, that's proper stupid if you ask me :p Though I can see it's fun to have for people who'd like to make a diorama with Gunpla.

^You have, it is zgmfxg's version of the Mk-II AMURO RAY CUSTOM. Other people had posted their version as well.

That Strike Freedom Gundam is pretty awesome! :D

That Mk-II and RX-78-2 are both looking gorgeous! Same goes for that Marasai. Too bad that Shamblo is only 1/144. I'd love to have it if it was bigger and had more details.

This Zaku-II looks pretty great as well:

2a.jpg

Source: Yasuo Ohtagaki's Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt Mechanics File 001: MS-06 Zaku II

One thing I might note is that it's pretty cool that Yasuo Ohtagaki is writing Gundam Thunderbolt. He's the guy behind the great anime "Moonlight Mile" as well.

^Same, though I much rather see "Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin" at the moment :p

I'd love to see a documentary about how they've build that 1/1 RX-78-2 :D

Too bad that the post to that Jegan doesn't exist anymore.

Also, Sinanju Stein looks very sexy:

20120609210329717.jpg

Source: 1/100 Sinanju Stein - Custom Build from Dengeki Hobby @ 51st Shizouka Hobby Show 2012

I had seen it before but only in drawn pictures of course. It could be seen as the "brother" unit of the Unicorn Gundam because they both are based off of the combat data taken from the Sazabi and RX-93 ? Gundam.

It's a pretty nice custom though. I don't see an MG release in the future though since it's not featured in any anime. Though it is featured in a video game.

I would've loved to see an anime about the development of these mobile suits and the testing. Kinda like "Advance of Zeta", an anime where they test prototype units and where you see them building them and talking about them etc. Kinda like the manga "Outer Gundam" but with nicer mobile suits and a story that's actually cannon and whatnot.

Well I don't think they will do that, sure it can be included in the anime, but I can't see them basing a whole story on building prototype mobile suits. Formula for Gundam anime series : War-> Needs Soldiers->Soldiers-> Advanced Tech-> Mobile Suits->Gundam.