Gundam Discussion Thread

Very happy with Gundam Unicorn Ep. 5, not much happened in the episode but it was a good one none the less. Now back to catching up on Gundam Age.

^Don't spoil it just yet though, haha. Still waiting for a proper 1080p release. The 1080p release should be out soon with subs because they've posted the RAW files today.

@Razorwing: I take it that you missed it on GundaGuy's blog? :p I've seen it there earlier today.

MG 00 Raiser - Painted Build

Also, this one looks pretty cool:

01.jpg

Source: RG 1/144 Gundam Mk-II [QUATTRO VAGEENA CUSTOM] - Painted Build

^ Yeah I might've missed them. haha. Gotta link to other sites aswell! I'm gonna wait for the 1080p English dub for UC.

^DUB?! Oh my god, you're missing out on some awesome voice acting :p What other sites? Also, did you check my PM?

^Don't spoil it just yet though, haha. Still waiting for a proper 1080p release. The 1080p release should be out soon with subs because they've posted the RAW files today.

@Razorwing: I take it that you missed it on GundaGuy's blog? :p I've seen it there earlier today.

MG 00 Raiser - Painted Build

Also, this one looks pretty cool:

01.jpg

Source: RG 1/144 Gundam Mk-II [QUATTRO VAGEENA CUSTOM] - Painted Build

I watched the 1080p jap/eng dub release

You mean you watched it with the English dub or did you use the original Japanese audio?

I rather watch it in Japanese as that's the way I watch all my anime. Plus I just love Japanese voice acting.

Also, if you'd watch Gundam Unicorn with the English dub you're also missing out on a key element that's actually part of the whole story in this OVA, which is Full Frontal's voice. It's the same as Char's voice.

Japanese with english subs but the version contained the english dub.

Hm, I haven't seen the 1080p version with English subs yet by the subgroup who released the previous episodes. I got the previous from BSS and hopefully they'll release episode 5 soon as well.

Yeah, I've found it. Might as well watch that one then. Damn, and I wanted to watch the first 4 episodes tomorrow, LOL! I guess that'll be 5 then.

Well that was awesome. Can't believe we have to wait a long while to see

Riddhe to pilot the Banshee to most likely fight Banagher in the Full Armor Unicorn

. But overall, it was a slow one. I expected a bit more action.

I couldn't wait with watching episode 5 so I decided to watch it just now, lol.

I loved this episode a lot! Was awesome to see Kai back and being his devious self! :D And Bright finally had more screenplay which I was looking forward to. He really learned from Amuro and Kamille. Also, the way Full Frontal entered the scene was epic as well. His actions of episode 5 made him look even more like Char.

I'm kinda bumped that Riddeh is now the enemy as I kinda liked the character. Though I'm glad to see Marida is back in her "master's" hands. He's more a father to her that master though which is great.

The things covered up by the spoiler tags does mean that the 2 remaining episodes are going to be pretty epic.

^That's one awesome paint job. Seen it earlier today. He's also using a proper display "case" for it.

Honestly, I believe 00 Raiser is the sexiest Gundam of all time, besides the fact that I have a huge fascination with the Freedom & Justice.

There was one that really got to me, because I don't think it was even mentioned as a Gundam, the Hyaku Shiki, and honestly, that baby is gorgeous!

Come to think of it, which do you guys like more? The Zeta or the Double Zeta? The face on the Zeta is vicious to me!

^Hyaku Shiki indeed isn't a Gundam. Delta Gundam is it's predecessor and was further developed into Hyaku Shiki. The story goes that they where having issues with making it a transformable mobile suit. The frame of the Gundam wasn't strong enough. So they scratched the idea of making it a transformable Gundam and further developed into a non-transformable mobile suit named Hyaku Shiki.

I like the Zeta WAY more then the ZZ Gundam as the Zeta Gundam isn't as bulky. And the whole Zeta Gundam just looks way better as it still looks like a Gundam and not like a super robot (if you know what I mean).

I also have a weakness for Freedom Gundam though I like Infinite Justice Gundam more than Justice Gundam, haha. Also, 00 Raiser looks great but it doesn't even get close to how sleek the RX line looks. Though, that's just my opinion :p I have a huge weakness for the RX line.

Makes sense! I once looked about the Hyaku on wikia, but I wasn't legitimately sure on its title when it looks exactly like a Gundam, considering that it does look like a pimped out Zeta.

lol I have a thing for the exotic Gundams, a fetish for fast ones like 00 actually!

RX models are definitely gorgeous, most mobile suits in the UC timeline are the most respected and original.

Other than that, I've actually been watching each Gundam movie and show straight from the first season as the wikipedia lists them. Right now, I'm currently watching Victory Gundam! :D

^Nice! Then you're up for some good viewing pleasure!

The Hyaku Shiki does share similarities with Gundam. The only huge difference are the eyes which are more Zeon-ish. You could go here for some proper Gundam info: Gundam Wiki

Haha, too each there own :p I also like fast Gundam but there's just something about the RX line that grabs me. The rawness of them and the way they look.

I've started rewatching Gundam as well and I'm past the half of Zeta Gundam. I'm only rewatching the UC Gundam though. And after that the remastered version of Gundam Wing.

I wish they're bring back such stories like the ones from Universal Century but set in a different universe of course. Now it's all 1 series set in 1 universe. They need to make new series based on 1 universe like they did with Universal Century.

Honestly, I believe 00 Raiser is the sexiest Gundam of all time, besides the fact that I have a huge fascination with the Freedom & Justice.

There was one that really got to me, because I don't think it was even mentioned as a Gundam, the Hyaku Shiki, and honestly, that baby is gorgeous!

Come to think of it, which do you guys like more? The Zeta or the Double Zeta? The face on the Zeta is vicious to me!

^Hyaku Shiki indeed isn't a Gundam. Delta Gundam is it's predecessor and was further developed into Hyaku Shiki. The story goes that they where having issues with making it a transformable mobile suit. The frame of the Gundam wasn't strong enough. So they scratched the idea of making it a transformable Gundam and further developed into a non-transformable mobile suit named Hyaku Shiki.

I like the Zeta WAY more then the ZZ Gundam as the Zeta Gundam isn't as bulky. And the whole Zeta Gundam just looks way better as it still looks like a Gundam and not like a super robot (if you know what I mean).

I also have a weakness for Freedom Gundam though I like Infinite Justice Gundam more than Justice Gundam, haha. Also, 00 Raiser looks great but it doesn't even get close to how sleek the RX line looks. Though, that's just my opinion :p I have a huge weakness for the RX line.

Zeta looks better in every way. I wouldn't compare the RX series to the 00 series. It's just it's no match. 00 has technology way past the RX line.I mean comeon, GN drives vs your normal booster drive? lol.

We weren't comparing technology, only looks. Why compare Gundam in terms of technology when it's actually all about the looks of them? :p

Oh. thought you were. lol. I like most Gundam designs except from the Turn A series and the Fighting Gundam series. Not to mention AGE-1 Normal. yuck.