Gundam Discussion Thread

A real looking model of a GN Drive would indeed be awesome :p A real working GN Drive wouldn't be possible though, as we'd need to go to Jupiter to be able to make a real one. Otherwise it would be a pseudo-solar reactor like the ones from the Thrones, etc :p [/nerd]

Though a 1/60 model of it wouldn't be too bad. Even with the rotating flywheel and a green light coming off of it would be awesome. Though I wouldn't want to hear the same sound coming off of it as 00 Gundam 1/60's GN Drive

After seeing that Gundam 00 Qan[T] face, it made me realize that the MG 1/100 version doesn't have the black parts on his mask. Kind of a bummer tbh as it looks pretty awesome.

So, do you have any suits in mind to get in the near future?

A real looking model of a GN Drive would indeed be awesome :p A real working GN Drive wouldn't be possible though, as we'd need to go to Jupiter to be able to make a real one. Otherwise it would be a pseudo-solar reactor like the ones from the Thrones, etc :p [/nerd]

Though a 1/60 model of it wouldn't be too bad. Even with the rotating flywheel and a green light coming off of it would be awesome. Though I wouldn't want to hear the same sound coming off of it as 00 Gundam 1/60's GN Drive

After seeing that Gundam 00 Qan[T] face, it made me realize that the MG 1/100 version doesn't have the black parts on his mask. Kind of a bummer tbh as it looks pretty awesome.

So, do you have any suits in mind to get in the near future?

Yeah I meant ' a real looking model' :p Actually speaking of the black parts of the mask for the 00 Qan[T] that's what I did with my Exia. Makes it look more bad ass. I did it according to this picture

1-4975409-1349-t.jpg

*couldn't find the original.. but heh.

I"m going to get either a MG Strike Freedom or the Death Hellscythe Hell Custom or the 00 Raiser. When it releases.

Death Hellscythe? :rofl: Those are some nice suits. Show me a close up of your Exia's head.

Death Hellscythe? :rofl: Those are some nice suits. Show me a close up of your Exia's head.

MOD :) :laugh: You know I meant Deathscythe Hell EW :p. Will take pics tomorrow when I get up.

MOD :) :laugh: You know I meant Deathscythe Hell EW :p. Will take pics tomorrow when I get up.

I sure as hell did :p That modification you did to Exia's head looks pretty great. Might have to do something similar to my 00 Qan[T] :p

^Thanks for letting us know! I'll be waiting for the 1080p version by a certain sub group before watching it :p

Wohoooo, I finally found the time to take pictures of my current set of gundam. Here it comes (all the images in this post make up 3 MB, didn't want to resize any smaller than this).

img0734j.jpg

img0726rp.jpg

img0736pr.jpg

img0735rt.jpg

img0733e.jpg

img0732zh.jpg

img0731j.jpg

img0724i.jpg

img0513a.jpg

And here is some bonus Macross:

img0729ly.jpg

img0728d.jpg

Hey Basques sweet Mobile Suits! But can you do us a favour and just rotate the horiztonal ones? I don't like tilting my neck 90 degrees >.< LOL.

Hey Basques sweet Mobile Suits! But can you do us a favour and just rotate the horiztonal ones? I don't like tilting my neck 90 degrees >.< LOL.

Yeah I just realized that ImageShack somehow changed the rotation of my uploaded images, I rotated them back now.

Yeah I just realized that ImageShack somehow changed the rotation of my uploaded images, I rotated them back now.

I still am jealous of your PGs. :p.

@basques: Those are some sweet models! Really liking that PG MK and the PG 00 Raiser. Seeing it makes me feel how badly I have to mod my 00 Qan[T] to have those black part on his mask, the way he has it originally. Those Macros models are also looking pretty good. Must've been fun building those.

You should've posed the RX-93-?-2 Hi-? with it's funnels :p

@Razorwing: Can't wait to see the actual MG 1/100 of Epyon in some good quality photos.

Also, nice photoshopped image of a beaten RX-78-2 :p

@basques: Those are some sweet models! Really liking that PG MK and the PG 00 Raiser. Seeing it makes me feel how badly I have to mod my 00 Qan[T] to have those black part on his mask, the way he has it originally. Those Macros models are also looking pretty good. Must've been fun building those.

You should've posed the RX-93-?-2 Hi-? with it's funnels :p

If you get a chance, get the macross ones, both of them are basically the same except the color schema. But its extremely detailed, and amazingly accurate while transforming. Basically you can transform it into all three modes perfectly. Loved it (that's why I got the second one too). And you can do some amazing panelling with it because the lines are very well defined.

I had the RX-93-v-2 hi-v with the shields up for a while, but then thought it looks much much cooler when they are deployed on his back like wings. That's one of the best MG models I had, detail wise (I usually only build PG's).

Now I pretty much run out of PG's to build. I will buy the PG GP01/Fb next, it looks awesome. And then the new Strike Freedom. After that I might start building custom ones, if not I need to wait for a new PG :cry:

^Might get a Macross one though I don't have any room for any new model, LOL. They do look awesome to build though.

I've got my RX-93-?-2 Hi-V setup with his wings as well and never actually had it posed with the funnels. It just looks loads better with the wings, like you said.

I only buy MG 1/100 models as there's a wide range of them and they're fun to build. I might get a 1/60 one day but I'd rather do that when I'm able to devote more time to it :p

I only buy MG 1/100 models as there's a wide range of them and they're fun to build. I might get a 1/60 one day but I'd rather do that when I'm able to devote more time to it :p

Trust me, when you PG, you can't go MG :)

For me it's not purely the outlook of the figures, so if you build MG or HG, its pretty much sticking parts together and make it look like a mobile suit from the outside. When you build a good PG, its all about inner mechanical beauty. Some models are purely engineering miracle. The way the parts fit, and move while moving the arms and legs is genius. So you actually end up believing that they might work out in real life too (ok a little bit exaggerated).

^Haha, I'm already hooked onto MG so I probably go back to MG after building one PG :p There's loads of MG models which I still want to buy so I won't break away from that.

Though I do like to be building a PG as I'm sure I'm going to love the thrill of building one. I already get a nice thrill of building MG's, lol. I even went "Wow!" literally while building a few :p